corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Heaters blowing cold air?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Heaters blowing cold air?
chriswade

User status: Offline
28th Jun 12 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had only cold (luke warm) air blowing out my heaters for a while now, today attempted to solve the problem. i found a tutorial of what it most likely to be and followed it.

so i took off pipes 6 and 7 and there was lots of discolourd water and gunge inside, i jetwashed down the matrix (pipe 6) for 5 mins until clear water was coming out of 7. i then reattached the pipes and ran the engine up to temp with the cap off the coolant and waited for the bubbles (hardly any) to stop for 5 mins. still no joy! hardly any heat coming from the heaters at all, anyone else have anything else they can suggest? also a quick note but pipe 7 was getting a lot hotter than pipe 6 after id done it. not sure if this means anything.
Ian
Site Administrator

29th Jun 12 at 03:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pipe 7 gets hotter because that is the supply, the water then flows through the heater matrix which should heat up the air, then back through 6 back around the engine.

With the interior fan off they should technically be at the same temperature give or take, although the heater matrix will radiate a bit.

The interior fan should get as hot as pipe 7.

Could also be that the heater matrix casing is not air tight and the interior fan is not directing the air through it properly. Thats a bigger job to rectify.

Also - don't put the interior fan on too quickly after starting the car if it is not up to temperature - that will cool down the water.

[Edited on 29-06-2012 by Ian]
SkinnyMarshall

29th Jun 12 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ivgot the same problem , what kind of car is it ?
SkinnyMarshall

29th Jun 12 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i might try this , silly question , what side did you blast the water down , the end nearest the engine our the end where the arrow ?
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Jul 12 at 22:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If both hoses are off it won't matter, one is the feed and the other is a return.

If you're running it through clean it won't harm it to do both.

New Poll