corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20LET CORSA STOLEN (police are paying out)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20LET CORSA STOLEN (police are paying out)
eckers90

User status: Offline
26th Jun 12 at 07:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is discusting, plus if i never had the £150, i wouldnt have got my car back, plus the £20 a day storage fee for everyday i couldnt afford the car.
There wankers really.
i am going to be trying to claim my money back, so i will let you all know how i get on.

I dont say a bad word the police, because i know they do a lot of good etc, but its times like these why people slate them.
nathy_87

26th Jun 12 at 07:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
quote:
Originally posted by Bonney

Just short of the 350z!

[Edited on 24-06-2012 by nathy_87]

you made it sound like you would listen out for the noise a c20let engine makes. and if it goes past, you will jump in your car and be on the motorway in 2.3 minutes.

oh

WEriedly enough my living room window looks on to the slip road. Ask Sam he knows.
Liam-Wilko

26th Jun 12 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

isnt this the second LET stolen over the weekend thinking of not bothering doing a let project now if it will just get pinched
BarnshaW

26th Jun 12 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

perfect reason not to do one wilko, perfect reason not to ever carry any cash, buy a mobile phone, buy a house or actually ever buy anything, in case it gets stolen.
Liam-Wilko

26th Jun 12 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol valid point mate only thing is its so easy to pinch are car and the corsa LETs seam to be extramly easy
JordyCarter

26th Jun 12 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just corsas in general half dont even have an alarm. I broke into my own corsa three times as i locked the keys in
Liam-Wilko

26th Jun 12 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JordyCarter
Its just corsas in general half dont even have an alarm. I broke into my own corsa three times as i locked the keys in

i done this in my very first corsa
whitter45

27th Jun 12 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your lucky it was £150 - when the VXR and BMW got stolen it was £250 for each

Which kinda clears your excess if you need to claim for other damage

unfortunately that's the system and it stinks

Funny thing is its just routine - very rarely will they find anything or in my case they knew who it was because the police were watching them but waiting to gather more evidence

Their words were we are waiting for them to nick over 100 cars and then we will arrest them

Whole system stinks hence why so many cars are stolen as they rarely get caught and when they do its very little penalty or consequence to them
3CorsaMeal

27th Jun 12 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm starting to think life would be better as a criminal, especially after seeing these prison tv reality shows etc, seems an easy life
eckers90

27th Jun 12 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
I'm starting to think life would be better as a criminal, especially after seeing these prison tv reality shows etc, seems an easy life

people like us actually respect other peoples goods though.
gav93

27th Jun 12 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

dont it would just fucking catch you out at a later point in life.
Eddx14xe

27th Jun 12 at 23:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Make sure everything is caught on camera Jim, that way you wont be prosecuted due to insufficient evidence.
eckers90

28th Jun 12 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right guys, great news, the police are giving me my recovery costs back...

Went to the local police station today, to make a complaint, only to be told from an abrupt stuck up receptionist that its something you or your insurance HAS to pay and thats it.
she confirmed this with her colleague who said the same, they couldn't understand that i went to get the car before it was recovered and was told i was not allowed.

I told them i want to complain about the situation still and not happy that they were abrupt.
She then told me i have to complain to a supervising officer,
so she called one, i had to wait for him to come on duty etc so i booked an appointment at 4 oclock.
at 10 to 4 i got a phone call off him, he then ran through the incident with me and told me that the WILL incur the cost of recovery, because ive already paid my money to have my car back, he said hes put it on my case file, and to send my letter to so and so. And they will write me a cheque.

He basically said that the £150 is 'cost of recovery' and as i got there before recovery, i should have been allowed to drive my car home, and no recovery costs would have happened, but because there officer stopped me from taking my car they will pay.

awesome result.

im very very happy with it.

cheers guys.
Corsa_Sport21

28th Jun 12 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Liam-Wilko
lol valid point mate only thing is its so easy to pinch are car and the corsa LETs seam to be extramly easy

They are only easy to steal if the thief can get it started. Plenty ways to sort that, remove the fuel relay, or remove a main plug lead etc everytime the car is left sitting over-night etc.
BarnshaW

28th Jun 12 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done for pursuing it and getting your money back! goes to show that people on forums can actually be incorrect.

nice result
eckers90

28th Jun 12 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
well done for pursuing it and getting your money back! goes to show that people on forums can actually be incorrect.

nice result

Cheers Buddy
stubs

28th Jun 12 at 16:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think yourself lucky they didn't damage it further.. that's what happened to my mate's bike.

We found the bike for sale and travelled over to look at it. Called the police in, who confirmed the bike was stolen and belonged to my mate. We wanted to take it, but they asked if they could have it for forensics for a couple of days (they agreed up front that all costs would be covered).

When we returned to collect it, the bike had been dropped on it's side whilst in the care of the recovery / police. the guy at the recovery yard was trying to insist that we signed for it before we saw it, and thankfully, my mate refused. They then claimed that the bike was damaged by whoever stole it, and that it came to them in that state.
We told them that we watched the bike being loaded onto their transporter in perfect condition, and even took photos of it. They were still adament it was recieved like that, and proceeded to show us pictures they took of the bike when it arrived at their yard... with NO damage! Got em!

He went about putting a claim in for the damage, but was told that as he wasn't the customer to the recovery company, the police would have to claim... my mate had to claim from the police instead.

What a headache it all was.
He eventually got the money for the damage, but it wasn't easy and he could have quite easily been screwed over if we hadn't been there to see it be recovered. Makes you wonder how often it happens and they get away with it.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20LET CORSA STOLEN (police are paying out) 22 database queries in 0.0164640 seconds