corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20LET CORSA STOLEN (police are paying out)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20LET CORSA STOLEN (police are paying out)
Ben G

User status: Offline
25th Jun 12 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
quote:
Originally posted by Bonney

Just short of the 350z!

[Edited on 24-06-2012 by nathy_87]

you made it sound like you would listen out for the noise a c20let engine makes. and if it goes past, you will jump in your car and be on the motorway in 2.3 minutes.
eckers90

25th Jun 12 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right can anybody shed any light,
when the police found the car 2 miles form my house, i went straight away to drive it home, the policeman wouldnt let me, said forensics etc so has to be recovered.
then i went to get it today and have to pay £150 fee for the recovery etc to get my car back.
how is this viable?
im going to try and get my money back from the police as i dont think this is far?
i understand that if it was stolen and recoverred and i hadnt been there then yeah i have to pay for the recovery, its out of my hands.
but the fact i went and could have drove it back.
plus if i found the car before the police and drove it home, they would have sent forensics round my house to do it. but because they got there first im £150 down?
Jambo

25th Jun 12 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that im an expert, but yes thats how it goes.
mattk

25th Jun 12 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep. some cunt is stranded from home, takes your car and abandons it and you have to pay £150 to get it back

[Edited on 25-06-2012 by mattk]
Gaz

25th Jun 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

claim back on insurance?
taylorboosh

25th Jun 12 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still be thankfull its back
JaffaTB

25th Jun 12 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same shit happened to me mate only mine was about 3 houses down the road as the cylinder head was off as it had been sent away! had my wheels robbed so I'd already put my spare ones on and went down with my dad to push it up and it was being put on recovery truck, what a load of shit
eckers90

25th Jun 12 at 16:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the cunts blew a boost hose, thats why it broke down. And although im glad its back, im pissed off that the policeman wouldnt let me take my own car home, 2 miles from my house.
now i paid £150 and had to get it 10 miles from my house.
Ben G

25th Jun 12 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another dodgy tactic used by the cunts that used to get bullied in junior school.

Fucking disgrace.
SetH

25th Jun 12 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

harsh as fuck!
Eddx14xe

25th Jun 12 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't see how they can charge that at all. If it was taken away due to it being your fault, driving with no insurance for example, then it's understandable but making the innocent victim pay is a complete joke.
Nic Barnes

25th Jun 12 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone stole one of our works vans same thing cost about £150 to get it back. No charges were ever pressed and nobody every caught or questioned.
johnhara1

25th Jun 12 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

invest in a snap off steering wheel.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jun 12 at 19:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i can understand if they recover it and keep it until you pick it up, but if you are there wanting to take it home from the scene and they dont let you cant see how they can charge you for that at all
JaffaTB

25th Jun 12 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine was recovered for forensic purposes, i still had to foot the bill for some pricks to strip my car of bits
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jun 12 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

doesnt add up to me, police find stolen car, contact owner, owner turns up says thanks for finding can i take it now, police say no we are recovering it and to get it back will cost you £150, talk about making the victim accountable for the crime

thats like a bloke punching you round the face on a night out then the police turning up arresting him and saying you have to pay for us to arrest him
Jambo

25th Jun 12 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty much. But that's what happens when you turn a law enforcement agency into a target orientated business.
Olsrey

25th Jun 12 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by eckers90
right can anybody shed any light,
when the police found the car 2 miles form my house, i went straight away to drive it home, the policeman wouldnt let me, said forensics etc so has to be recovered.
then i went to get it today and have to pay £150 fee for the recovery etc to get my car back.
how is this viable?
im going to try and get my money back from the police as i dont think this is far?
i understand that if it was stolen and recoverred and i hadnt been there then yeah i have to pay for the recovery, its out of my hands.
but the fact i went and could have drove it back.
plus if i found the car before the police and drove it home, they would have sent forensics round my house to do it. but because they got there first im £150 down?
Mine was literally just down the road, Police still recovered it to get it finger printed but they never did. Still had to cough up £150.

[Edited on 25-06-2012 by Olsrey]
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jun 12 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not refuse? Whatabout if you can't afford 150 quid and need your car
Olsrey

25th Jun 12 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Can you not refuse? Whatabout if you can't afford 150 quid and need your car
Don't pay don't get you're car back sadly. In my case it wasn't strictly the Police that moved the car it was a recovery company contracted by the Police.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jun 12 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's different though the car had already been recovered. In this lads case he turned up and the car was still there and he wouldn't be allowed to drive it back himself. I don't normally dispute the police.but if that's how it happened that's disgusting
JaffaTB

25th Jun 12 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was at mine before the police! it was about 25 meters away from my drive up on bricks as the fuckers had nicked my wheels, I went down with a spare set and fitted them, went back to get my dad to help push it up to the drive and the recovery truck turned up and loaded it up as I was there, couldn't get mine back for 3 days and they were going to charge 150 + 12 quid per extra day it was in there but decided to waive that as my mum went mad on the phone to them, still had to pay the 150 though
eckers90

25th Jun 12 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i can understand if they recover it and keep it until you pick it up, but if you are there wanting to take it home from the scene and they dont let you cant see how they can charge you for that at all

yes mate, its discusting, if i had drove it they would have arrested me, as apparently they "ceased" it as evidence! its a money spinner

im contacting the police lega; department to get it back, i understand it being recovered as you say. but as i came to get it, surely as its my car, i can drive it home.

ive actually got cctv of the car driving passed my friends house!

3CorsaMeal

25th Jun 12 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is crazy, never knew about this.

Id go mad about it, so wrong.
Olsrey

26th Jun 12 at 05:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That's different though the car had already been recovered. In this lads case he turned up and the car was still there and he wouldn't be allowed to drive it back himself. I don't normally dispute the police.but if that's how it happened that's disgusting
What stopped the Police walking/driving the 400yards to my house and asking me to remove the car? Easier and less waiting around for the recovery truck.

[Edited on 26-06-2012 by Olsrey]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » C20LET CORSA STOLEN (police are paying out) 22 database queries in 0.1068871 seconds