corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » VPN Sites

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author VPN Sites
James

User status: Offline
16th Jun 12 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking into using a VPN site for a couple of reasons. Mainly because I want to access the US Netflix but also because I might be taking a job that will involve a lot of travel and I still want to be able to use Netflix, iPlayer, TV Catchup etc.

What do people recommend? HideMyAss seems to come out on top. It's $50 for 6 months which seems reasonable.

[Edited on 16-06-2012 by James]
noshua

17th Jun 12 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

These are supposed to be good, not use them though as I've never needed to; http://www.purevpn.com/order/

Could always setup a VPN on your router, obviously speed would depend on your connection and wouldnt be able to access Hulu
ed

18th Jun 12 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use UnblockUs - $5 Canadian a month, so less than £3 and you can get a US IP for a number of different sites as it works by changing your DNS rather than connecting to a VPN.
Gary
Premium Member

18th Jun 12 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's the advantage of us netflix over uk?
Dom

18th Jun 12 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're handy with linux then you could grab a LEB ('Low End Box' ie: cheap) unmanged VPS instance for a dollar or two a month and get a VPN tunnel setup.

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
What's the advantage of us netflix over uk?

Amount of films/tv series is a lot more.
Gary
Premium Member

18th Jun 12 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

May have to look into this then. Not up for spending a lot though
James

18th Jun 12 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're prepared to commit to 12 months with HideMyAss it's only $6.55 a month which is just over £4 a month.

The choice is miles better on Netflix USA.
ed

18th Jun 12 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UnblockUs is 5 CAD a month and it WORKS!

Been using it for a month or so now - have two different locations set on my computer so I either use their DNS (when on Netflix) or 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 for all other times.
Gary
Premium Member

18th Jun 12 at 16:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a spare router, so coukd I set that one up to. A US dns and just swap over when I need to? Needs to be girlfiend friendky
ed

18th Jun 12 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can setup UnblockUs to be your routers DNS and just leave it at that - I just have it setup on my laptop so I switch because it doesn't work on public wifi as you need to use their DNS and there's a bit of IT paranoia in there too as they can see any requests made using their network.
Balling
Premium Member

18th Jun 12 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
I use UnblockUs - $5 Canadian a month, so less than £3 and you can get a US IP for a number of different sites as it works by changing your DNS rather than connecting to a VPN.

This!

Been using UnblockUS for 6 months now and never had any issues. Never bothered with using a different DNS as it doesn't affect speed or latency at all.

New Poll