corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » brake bias valve thing...?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author brake bias valve thing...?
Jed D

User status: Offline
16th Jun 12 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the thing with the spring under the wheel well...

how do i do away with this please? safely!

also some info on it purpose would be a help...

a friend said to me your supposed to remove the spring on it and have it pointing down if the cars lowered but when i brake hard the rear wheels lock before the fronts as if its not balanced rite. iv just done both the handbrake cables and gave the drums/shoes a really good clean up and its bang on but surely it shouldn't lock before the front under hard braking...
whats my alternatives as il be removing the wheel well all together
JaffaTB

16th Jun 12 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds as if its deffo not right that mate ive never locked my rear up its always the front that locks, very easy now with the v6 brakes on
Jed D

16th Jun 12 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aye i know mate. front brakes will be getting upgraded at some point but im not sure if i could just do away with the valve or what else is involved
JaffaTB

16th Jun 12 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sure you can, 1.2's dont even have one so there must be a way?
Jed D

16th Jun 12 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers jaffa anyone else?

atm the springs currently snapped, i just noticed the other day when doing the handbrake cables. so iv just done what my mate said and left it pointing down without the spring. still locks the rear wheels under very hard breaking though
MOT wont be an issue btw

[Edited on 16-06-2012 by Jed D]
Corsa_Sport21

16th Jun 12 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you keeping this now??
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

16th Jun 12 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you released the sliding bracket where the spring used to attach? If not, it'll still be acting as it did as standard.
Jed D

16th Jun 12 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Corsa_Sport21
So you keeping this now??

we'll see

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
Have you released the sliding bracket where the spring used to attach? If not, it'll still be acting as it did as standard.

the bit on the wheel well side of it that moves up and down??

sorry, im not too sure how this thing works
Jed D

17th Jun 12 at 06:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

davieslim

17th Jun 12 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a hold of 2 brake pressure regulators from a corsa c, the block on the bulk head where the brake pipes split to the different positions on the corsa b can be replaced with the same block from a corsa c(non abs model)
.Matt

17th Jun 12 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I run rear disc's and i've cable tied the bias valve shut, never had them lock up on me, even when stamping on the brakes.
Jed D

17th Jun 12 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh rite, cheers mate

heard they dont have to be from a c. a mates told me that they can come from a non abs fiesta... same sort of work involved in that too?
braided lines a must?

and cheers matt, but drums will suffice for me.

just looking the cheapest but still safe way to do it really

[Edited on 17-06-2012 by Jed D]
oba-corsa
Premium Member

17th Jun 12 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hope it helps don't know if you can make the words out.

[Edited on 17-06-2012 by Jason T]
Jed D

17th Jun 12 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for the pic jason mate

...but i used to pride myself on my eyesight, now i just feel like an old man reading the paper on a sunday morning haha

you take that pic? if so were you get that info? got a link or out for me?? cheers. appreciate it
oba-corsa
Premium Member

17th Jun 12 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

22) There's the small matter of the rear brake compensator to deal with. Now if you've gone for 35 to 40 mm drop, you might not need to modify your compensater. coilovers allow a major drop.

23) parts needed to modify the compensator 2x bolts 100mm, with matching nuts and washers,1 pice of bar big enough diameter for one bolt to pass through, cut the same width as the compensator '' frame'' to brace the assembly, and two extension plates, to elongate the compensator frame - holes drilled after offering the compensator up to judge the extra reach required to hook on the compensator spring.

24) And this is the modified compensator.because the first bolt (the one with the bracing sleeve) still sits in the original elongated slots in the compensator frame, there's still the same adjustment avalible when you get underneath to set it up which is what we'll do now.

25) With the car resting on its wheels reach underneath and hook on the compensator spring first. Make sure the top/front nut and bolt are loose, to give movment in the adjuster frame.

26)Now hook the compensater body over the rear axle, aligning the 2 studs with the holes.....

27) Then fit the nuts from the front, and tighten them up.

28) Set the adjustment (using the sliding frame) so that the spring is only just under tension (no Slack) ....

29) Then tighten the top/front nut and bolt securely. JOB DONE!

[Edited on 17-06-2012 by Jason T]
Jed D

18th Jun 12 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

il hopefully be going for 30mm or less drop on the rear so as said, no need to modify it, but i want to cut the wheel well rite out. so it looks like fitting bias valves is my only option isn't it??

cheers for that, and lol, cheers for the u2u
davieslim

18th Jun 12 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the reason i used the corsa c as a example is because it bolts straight in and mounts on perfectly with little fuss
Jed D

18th Jun 12 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so on a c do they have bias valves on each side yeah?
davieslim

19th Jun 12 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah if you look just below the battery on the bulkhead on the corsa b you will see the distribution block where the brake lines split up throughout the car, on the non abs corsa c it had the same block but with brake pressure regulators which is what you need instead of the rear bias valve that you have
Jed D

19th Jun 12 at 08:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and with that could i do away with the load sensor under the wheel well? also would i need new lines i.e braided ones or such??
davieslim

19th Jun 12 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all you would do it bolt this block in plate and connect your pipes to it at the front, then ditch the rear valve then you would either extend the existing brake pipes or replace the front to backs running them instead to the flexis rather then the valve
Jed D

19th Jun 12 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahh rite, cheers mate

+rep
davegreen
Premium Member

26th Jun 12 at 05:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Early 1.0 and 1.2 B's had preasure valves at the rear inner nearside sill just behind the fuel tank, if you find one in breakers you can get all pipes valves etc need to swap and do away with compensator valve as if vauxhall made it that way! im using 288 discs up front and 260 discs on rear droped about 40mm all works great!
Jed D

26th Jun 12 at 07:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havent got as far as doing this yet but its all good info, cheers

New Poll