corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Lowering & the Rear Brake Bias Valve

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lowering & the Rear Brake Bias Valve
Kenzie

User status: Offline
17th Sep 08 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv lowered the rear of my Corsa 100mm, and the brake bias valve needs adjusting to prevent the rear wheels locking up all the time.

Has anybody got any pointers on how to do it?

I know where the valve is etc, but dont want to go messing without any advice just in case i break something!

Cheers in advance chaps
gavin18787
Premium Member

17th Sep 08 at 19:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just took the spring out All seems fine never had it lock up or had any other problems. Just sometimes notice the brakes lack a bit of bite if there are four or five in the car.

Just keep it in a safe place as some people see it as an MOT fail if its not there.

Other then that just make yourself a little bracket so that the spring is still in place but is still slack when the car is resting on its wheels

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
Gareth F

18th Sep 08 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate adjusted mine in a few seconds when i dropped mine 90-100mm so cant be hard didnt watch him tho so i cant say, slide under and have a lookey
luke85

18th Sep 08 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't recommend driving it with the spring off but have never tried it so Im not sure.

Adjusting it is easy though but it should be done with the car on its wheels, with no weight in the boot the spring should only just have no tension in it. not slack and flapping about though. when you lower it the spring goes too tight and sends too much pressure to the back wheels.
davec495

19th Sep 08 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

same problem as i am having apart from mine is jammed up so is there any way of just bypassing it because i know not all corsas have it on
Kenzie

19th Sep 08 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines looking a bit rusty (the nut) when i had a look the other day...
luke85

19th Sep 08 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As far as I know all corsas have it except the van models but someone correct me if im wrong.

It would be easier to get a new one than to bypass it
john_c20xe

19th Sep 08 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cover in in penertrating fluid and work it it should free up
Kenzie

21st Sep 08 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

job done, cheers people!

New Poll