corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fitting an oil pump...?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fitting an oil pump...?
Jed D

User status: Offline
9th May 12 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mite sound a bit crazy but people have mentioned to me that its good to fill the oil pump up with Vaseline?

discuss?

cheers
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

9th May 12 at 13:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its to prime the pump, i wouldn't worry on an XE just make sure its lubed with oil and it should be fine. You can pack it with Vaseline if you want to but then you'll have to do a change once all built and ran for a few hundred miles
Jed D

9th May 12 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why/what would i have to change after a few hundred? i heard the Vaseline disintegrates to nothing in the oil.

its a zlet pump im using aswell
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

9th May 12 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd want to change the oil after a few hundred miles as you should really be using mineral oil.

New Poll