corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Powerflex bushes front tie bar to chassis information

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Powerflex bushes front tie bar to chassis information
chrisn1234

User status: Offline
28th Apr 12 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a bit of information that might help a few people, i have struggled to find information to see what the difference is between the front tie bars on the pre 97 corsas to the later post 97 ones. I have found out the following in relation to the front tie bar bushes:

34mm diameter bush with 13mm bore – suitable for earlier models with chassis numbers up to V3023597 for all pre 97 corsa b and including 97

58mm diameter bush with 15mm bore – suitable for later models with chassis numbers V3023598 onwards for all post 97 corsa bs

From this i would say that the front tie bars on the older models are 2mm thinner in diameter and the butterfly clamps that hold the bushes to the front cross member of the car are 24mm smaller!

Hope this is usefull to someone

jayy.cfg

28th Apr 12 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tried to get my from polbushes off until i realised i have the pre 97 bushes, are they ment to come out easily on the late type?
chrisn1234

1st May 12 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The post 97 type has to be pressed in, its not in 2 halfs with a sleeve like the pre 97 ones i am fitting the post 97 ones over the bank holiday weekend so i will find out how hard or easy they are to get out and press in
reecegsi

1st May 12 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very easy to do done mine in minutes once i figured it all out about bushes

[Edited on 01-05-2012 by reecegsi]
Joey 1.6 sport

1st May 12 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right just took mine out new ones from rally design one is bigger than the other and is like a dick in a bucket but there is a sleeve in there do I knock that out then fit whole bushes not half ones ?
chrisn1234

1st May 12 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reece did you need a vise or anything to press them in ? or some gentle persuation with a 4lb club hammer
Jed D

1st May 12 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

useful crack pal

New Poll