corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x16xe loosing loads of oil

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x16xe loosing loads of oil
propower78

User status: Offline
28th Apr 12 at 00:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi i seem to be loosing a hell of a lot of oil like i can top it up 5 days later its out on the dipstick, i get a blue smoke coming from the exhausts aswell, in the rocker oil breathers theres loads of mayo any idea whats going on theres no oil on dipstick and theres no major leaks i can see?
shaunmods
Premium Member

28th Apr 12 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Burning oil mate. Really common on these engines Valve stem seal leak or piston rings/glazed bores.
Tony M84

28th Apr 12 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by propower78
theres loads of mayo

Erm .... Headgasket? Hows your water level?
propower78

28th Apr 12 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tony M84
quote:
Originally posted by propower78
theres loads of mayo

Erm .... Headgasket? Hows your water level?

water is fine no loss at all, all heaters work wikid, no overheating? im new to these vauxhaul engine's
Tony M84

28th Apr 12 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the blue smoke you must be burning it. How many miles has it done?
propower78

28th Apr 12 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tony M84
For the blue smoke you must be burning it. How many miles has it done?

only done 60 thowsand it has blue smoke its defo burning it but im not up to scratch on these engines still learning
corsajay88

28th Apr 12 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines the same but done 80k, how much smoke is there. mines just gives out some on startup then none, put a tub of that wynns stop smoke in and it has helped a lot,it used to give out loads on startup, big cloud and you could smell it.

i know it won't fix it and just makes the oil a bit thicker but im just after keeping mine running till i decide what to do with it.

New Poll