corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Oil leeking all over Please help

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Oil leeking all over Please help
Karnage Corsa

User status: Offline
15th Jun 04 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 2.0l 16v engine and I have oil leeking all over I need major help. Basically I had an oil leek coming from somewhere I had it checked over off a mate and he said it seems to be coming from the drivers side shassy leg, anyway my fan belt snapped at the weekend resulting in the power steering belt coming off, the AA fixed the fan belt and tonight I had the power steering belt fitted and the leek has got ten times worse I have no idea where its coming from please help me its not the brake fluid and it dont look like power steering fluid what the hell please help
suzi-sue

15th Jun 04 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my c14se lump did similar, head warped and fookin did ed gasket in, hope its not that tho mate
Karnage Corsa

15th Jun 04 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what is the best thing to do now I have no idea what to do do I drive it topped up the oil or not theres oil all over the driveway my dads going to kill me
Adam_B

15th Jun 04 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u have an oil cooler? On my mates cav one of the hoses split and was leaking oil onto the alt belt and chucking it everywhere
Karnage Corsa

15th Jun 04 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come to think of it yes I do and the lad that dont the power steering belt has just been pulling it away from the exhaust said it was too close to the exhaust
Adam_B

15th Jun 04 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt be surprised if theres a hole in it then
Karnage Corsa

15th Jun 04 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much will one of those be mate are they easy to fit ? could there be any further problems with it or will that be the end of it once the new pipe is fitted I take it it is engine oil p!ssing out of it yes ?
Adam_B

15th Jun 04 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its just a split oil cooler hose its a 10 min job to change and yes its engine oil. Id look at moving the hose if its very close to the exhaust, shouldnt really be over there anyway. A section of rubber hose is about £5
Karnage Corsa

15th Jun 04 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am not really an expert on this stuff mate but hopefully I can do this job can you help me oput as to what to do ? how exactly can I move it ? could I not just tie wrap to something can I shoprten the pipe to keep it away from the exhaust or do u mean move it entirely ? I have been out to the car and it looks like the leaks stopped, does this mean theres no oil left at all in the engine ? it looks almost certain to be the oil cooler theres a little oil on the underneath and I am sure I can see a tiny imperfection
suzi-sue

15th Jun 04 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it'll stop if it aint runnin
Karnage Corsa

15th Jun 04 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aah
suzi-sue

15th Jun 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i remeber, oil cooler feeds from filter housin, therefore only has oil in it whilsts system has pressure... when engine runnin, the cooler will be empty now, thats why its stopped leakin mate
Karnage Corsa

15th Jun 04 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so in other wrds once I start the engine its going to go all over ? I can only try whats been said and get an oil cooler pipe and try it
suzi-sue

15th Jun 04 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup thats it
lee mitchell

15th Jun 04 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

or buy a stud off a 2litre astra that never had an oil cooler and remove the old one and sandwich plate for the oil cooler. then fit new stud and oil filter and bin the oil cooler. u dont need it
Karnage Corsa

15th Jun 04 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know I am a dumb arse but what does that mean exactly ? what exactly would I need to buy ? I can get someone to do it if I know what I am buying and no what has to be done thanks everyone for helping me I really appreciate it
lee mitchell

15th Jun 04 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drain oil. remove oil filter.undo the two nuts that hold the oil cooler lines to sandwich plate. then the stud that the filter screws too. remove oil cooler completely. then get the new stud. tighten it to oil pump where the old stud was. replace filter and fill up with oil. cant find the part number but just go to vauxhalls and ask for the stud that the oil filter screws too for an astra gte that didnt have an oil cooler or a similar 2 litre
Karnage Corsa

16th Jun 04 at 06:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks very much mate I am goping to see what I can do today and hopefully have the job done many thanks one and all
Adam-D

16th Jun 04 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gutted m8 hope you get it fixed
you seem to have wuite a few teething probs.
Karnage Corsa

16th Jun 04 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right I have been all over to no evail as of yet, vauxhall seem to be the only place I can get one of these studs to blank it off and hopefully it will be here tomorrow if not Friday but you know what these monkeys at vaux are like its bound to be the wrong part its happened to me so many times before, I will just leave the car on the drive and walk to work thats all I can do.
Karnage Corsa

16th Jun 04 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do u think that this could really be the problem people I have just had a look and there is oil p!ssing all over its in the drivers side wheel arch all over the tyre its on most of the suspension bits not the actual coilovers but the bit that goes to the wheel cant describe it, maybe I am thinking of something else but its going all over and driping from loads of places so I cant actually tell where its coming from, what I dont get is that part has two pipes coming from it but the fact I am only getting one stud does that not mean 1 end or two bits are going to be left uncovered or does that just mean there will be no oil going to that part anymore ? thanks for the help, Paul...
Kris TD

16th Jun 04 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

noone can really tell without looking at it, i suggest you get a mechanic too look.
corsafreak

16th Jun 04 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here is the plate that sits between the oil filter and the oil pump allowing the oil cooler hoses to connect.
to remove it you need a shorter threaded "plug" since you will be remving the oil cooler sandwich plate.
get it from auto vaux TEL:: 01924 376003 , part no. 90144360 i think.

Karnage Corsa

16th Jun 04 at 18:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right hang on what exactly do I need to remove ? corsafreak do u fancy earning yerself a few quid ?
miles

16th Jun 04 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clean it all off. Check you have enough oil in your engine. Start it, look all around underneth and see where it comes from

If its drivers side front wheel it could be the oil pump gasket, the oil pump pressure relief valve securing bolt or the crank oil seal.

Need to see where its coming from, if in doubt take it to a garage, you really dont want to be driving around loosing oil!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll