corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sell my iPhone 4s for a Samsung Galaxy s2? Am I mad?

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sell my iPhone 4s for a Samsung Galaxy s2? Am I mad?
Bissmire

User status: Offline
4th Apr 12 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Conclusion:

iPhone users who have never used a Sensation/SGSII prefer iPhones

iPhone users that have experience with both handsets see the merits on each side. Agree they are both good phones, and clearly outline the pros/cons of each.

SGSII users who have not used an iPhone did not attemp to comment on something they no nothing, or very little about.
James

4th Apr 12 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry my intellect has run out, I can no longer comment.
strick206

4th Apr 12 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sense this thread is at an end but oh well...

Brett, have you tried using an iphone 4S? The figures you got from google are all against the old iphone.

I have an iphone 4, not 4s, it is jailbreaked, i dont pay a penny for apps, it has never broken.

I bought the iphone because i didnt like the older android phones (had the iphone 4 heading on for 2 years) I havent looked at the SGII i admit, and i wont because it is simply too big for a phone IMO.

Just a couple of comments on this thread, SD Cards, seriously? i havent required the use of one of them for maybe 5 years

I dislike apple, and if when i come to upgrade there is an android phone that is as good to use as the iphone i will happily change (save me a fortune). If the next iphone is still the best, i will get one of those.

I also think the iphone looks much better made and the extra weight in the iphone isnt an issue

strick206

4th Apr 12 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bissmire
Conclusion:

SGSII users who have not used an iPhone did not attemp to comment on something they no nothing, or very little about.

To focus on this point, Brett, have you ever had an iphone?
Bissmire

4th Apr 12 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, SD cards are pointless

Next
strick206

4th Apr 12 at 11:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you require the use of one then fine, i just havent needed one since i had a Nokia N95 or something like that, so it isnt a consideration when buying a phone
Jas

4th Apr 12 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My sensation was getting a bit close to its HDD capacity the other day. I bought a larger one.. 16gb wasn't quite enough
Bissmire

4th Apr 12 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
If you require the use of one then fine, i just havent needed one since i had a Nokia N95 or something like that, so it isnt a consideration when buying a phone

Awaits Apple releasing a revolutionary external storage system, utilising Secure Digital cards, changing the way we save files forever.
LeeM

4th Apr 12 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A2H GO

4th Apr 12 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm actually looking forward to what the SGS3 will bring, if its better than the iPhone 5 I'll be all over it.

I was all for getting a Galaxy Nexus when it was released until I saw it was the same price as a 4S and I'd have to use 2 hands to use it.

I've nothing against Google, Samsung or Android but up to now it just doesn't cut it for me over the alternative of a jailbroken iPhone.
Brett
Premium Member

4th Apr 12 at 11:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Why is everything directed at me? Why am I the voice of Samsung? More importanly, why are comments from other people being quoted and I'm being asked about them?

[Edited on 04-04-2012 by Brett]
John

4th Apr 12 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm bored of my iPhone (I get bored of everything) I wouldn't mind moving back to android if something nice comes out.

Not sure what they can all bring out around iPhone size though, anything bigger is pushing it for me.
strick206

4th Apr 12 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Awaits Apple releasing a revolutionary external storage system, utilising Secure Digital cards, changing the way we save files forever.

They will say exactly that if they release something similar, exactly the reason i dislike apple
strick206

4th Apr 12 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
Why is everything directed at me? Why am I the voice of Samsung? More importanly, why are comments from other people being quoted and I'm being asked about them?

[Edited on 04-04-2012 by Brett]

I was just commenting on the above point and wanted to ask you if you'd ever had an iphone so that you could compare, not google, i also mentioned that you compared the wrong phone against the Galaxy S2, which you haven't seen/have ignored.

I will admit i havent used the S2, so i cannot compare directly, just that the S2 is too big for me
Brett
Premium Member

4th Apr 12 at 11:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still don't see why it's aimed at me or why anyone keeps riding Doms dick aiming shit at me for that matter.
James

4th Apr 12 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I quite like the S2 TBH.

I like how it doubles up as a tray to eat my dinner off
Brett
Premium Member

4th Apr 12 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your ready-meals for one you mean?
James

4th Apr 12 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep that's the one.
Brett
Premium Member

4th Apr 12 at 11:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought so
LeeM

4th Apr 12 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
I'm actually looking forward to what the SGS3 will bring, if its better than the iPhone 5 I'll be all over it.

iphone 6
James

4th Apr 12 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Thought so

What happened to the bit you posted about getting my kicks while I can?

I didn't understand what you meant
Brett
Premium Member

4th Apr 12 at 11:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Huh?
A2H GO

4th Apr 12 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LeeM
quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO

iphone 6

That old chestnut, 'The New iPhone' tbh.
evilrob
Premium Member

4th Apr 12 at 12:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

They will say exactly that if they release something similar, exactly the reason i dislike apple
This will never happen - because modern mobile devices are internet-connected, SD cards will be obsolete in 5 years time - people are already starting to store much of their data in the "cloud" - like your e-mails are probably all now on Gmail or Hotmail or Yahoo - whereas you used to always download them onto your computer into Outlook Express or Eudora or similar mail program.

A good proportion of your photos are probably now stored on Facebook, Photobucket or Picasa. Some advanced users probably already store stuff they might want to access from anywhere on services like Dropbox or Box (formerly known as Box.net).

Mobile broadband in 5 years time will be comparable to your current common or garden landline broadband today (not these new fangled 1000000Gb download speed fibre connections that seem to be all the rage these days, regular broadband), so you'll be able to stream films or TV (like you do with YouTube) but at HD and in longer than 10-minutes-at-a-time straight to your phone or phablet without too much buffering.

There will really be no need to store much stuff locally on your PC or phone as you'll be able to access all your stuff from any internet connected device, wherever there is a mobile signal or a wifi hotspot.

If they did introduce removable storage, though, it would be called iRAM (my corporate penis up your arse).
Jas

4th Apr 12 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

5 years time the iphone 9s will be released... the best iphone yet

Now with smaller SIM

<<  6    7    8    9    10  >>

New Poll