corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden blue corsa b

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden blue corsa b
ArdenAndy

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 12 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by silvercorsabee
quote:
Originally posted by ArdenAndy
thankyouu! i know ahaa, i hate how it sits :/ once i finish college im going to work with my taid over the summer so i can fund lowering and other bits i fancey

ha coool what bits do u fancy like?

A few things are:
Lower 40mm (due to bumps and harsh road comditions in my area)
Tigra scuttle panel
Smoked depo headlights
195/50/15 tyres on my cav expressions
Renault espace splitter
Wind deflectors
Vaux mudflaps
Punto rear wiper
Aero wipers for front
Combo van front arb
Cav rear arb
Smoked german rear lights
Corsa c side skirts
Im sure i have missed something, i Wish i had the money to go out and buy all the bits tomorrow :/ but im sure i will get most of the things i want, will just be a slow process ahaa
ArdenAndy

2nd Jul 12 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by D0NN3R
like the side repeaters how much were they

I think they were £10.50, i will edit later once i have checked if its wrong
ArdenAndy

12th Jul 12 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as the car will be off the road for a few weeks i have decided to do a little work on it while i can resprayed both mirrors yesterday as they had lots of chips on them, then took the bumper off today and got rid of all the rust that was hiding behind it..

had a few problems getting the bumper off though.. i took out all the bolts i could see, then it was still stuck tight in the arch so i asked my dad for a hand and he basicly demolished the arch and arch lining -_- funny thing was after he done that we found the flap that gives access to the last plastic bolt thingy :@ typical

corsajay88

12th Jul 12 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good, head up to jackson and sons in queensferry if you need any bits they got quite a few corsas in at the moment, got a tigra scuttle from there yesterday for £8
ArdenAndy

12th Jul 12 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers, yeah im thinking of getting a few bits and bobs so if i cant find what i want in a scrappy localy then i will go for a drive up there
silvercorsabee

13th Jul 12 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a tigra scuttle for sale If ur interested £15 posted
Dann19

13th Jul 12 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what did you use to get your slam panel back black? or have just you cleaned it up? thinking about doing mine seen as though its abit rusty!
ArdenAndy

13th Jul 12 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by silvercorsabee
Got a tigra scuttle for sale If ur interested £15 posted

cheers buddy, i got to buy a few parts before i get into looks again but if you still have it once i have sorted a few problems then i will defo be interested
ArdenAndy

13th Jul 12 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dann19
what did you use to get your slam panel back black? or have just you cleaned it up? thinking about doing mine seen as though its abit rusty!

i just scraped all the rust off gave it all a wipe and then gave it a good coat of underseal to protect it in the future
HarleyMK

13th Jul 12 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate
ArdenAndy

18th Jul 12 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks

spent the past few days preping the bumper for paint, got all the chips cracks and in one corner of the bumper there was a bad crease which my dad got rid of

the mesh arrived yesterday so we got it all cut to shape and ready to be put back on one we get the bumper back from paint, my dad has taken it to one of his mates garages to get it resprayed as its a bit big to be bringing it in and out the house, hasnt stopped raining in while to so it wouldnt be best conditions to rattle can it ahaa, i need to cut the slot for the towing eye thing aswell

i also picked up a strut brace from a friend yesterday, i wouldnt mind respraying it as the chrome stands out a bit to much, anyone have any ideas of what would look decent? i was thinking black? or arden blue?

corsasport.co.uk stickers came today, just need a dry spell so i can put them on

put a new oil filter on yesterday and bought a rocker cover gasket, while the rocker is off im going to respray it, not sure with the colour of that yet either, might do it in silver and leave the strut brace chrome or respray both a different colour

[Edited on 18-07-2012 by ArdenAndy]

[Edited on 18-07-2012 by ArdenAndy]
Brannaz

18th Jul 12 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good mate love the car, think your rocker cover being either painted or polished would make the new cover look a million times better, love the astra side repeaters too mate, also looks like your dads got better crack than mine to be honest with the rover badge
ArdenAndy

19th Jul 12 at 04:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks Brannaz! yeahh my dads nuts ahaa, embarassing and a pain in the arse the majority of the time were going to take the rocker cover off later on today and set about degreasing it, will be doing it in Arden Blue along with the strut brace so it will all tie in nicely hopefully
Brannaz

19th Jul 12 at 09:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah sounds good mate, better than your dad having zero crack like mine, but cant complain he's a mechanic by trade = free labour lmao
CORSAguy93

19th Jul 12 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good mate, have to meet up at some point i go to wrexham all the time, used to be in the uni there haha. ive got a rio verde green b with black corsa c sxi wheels and a mahoosive back box if ever u see me also try LV for insurance I payed £1800 for my first year fully comp.
ArdenAndy

19th Jul 12 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brannaz
yeah sounds good mate, better than your dad having zero crack like mine, but cant complain he's a mechanic by trade = free labour lmao

That awesome, i wish i had the facilities to do work under professional conditions, it sucks doing things on the drive in the rain haaha
ArdenAndy

19th Jul 12 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSAguy93
looks good mate, have to meet up at some point i go to wrexham all the time, used to be in the uni there haha. ive got a rio verde green b with black corsa c sxi wheels and a mahoosive back box if ever u see me also try LV for insurance I payed £1800 for my first year fully comp.

Cheers! yeah we should, i will keep my eye out for you i love the rio verde green b's i will try a quote with them this week see what they can do for me, its stupid the quotes i have been getting, even from companies my friends are paying much less with :S
CORSAguy93

19th Jul 12 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Cheers! yeah we should, i will keep my eye out for you i love the rio verde green b's i will try a quote with them this week see what they can do for me, its stupid the quotes i have been getting, even from companies my friends are paying much less with :S

I had the same problems as you, just for the love of god dont declare modifications, it triples it. also helps if the car has been owned for a while, no idea why. i only pay £1000 now im 19 cos the car is still in my mums name as she has owned it for nearly 10 years now, but if i was to buy it the quote would go back to the usual 3 grand. it makes no sense at all.
ArdenAndy

19th Jul 12 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I had the same problems as you, just for the love of god dont declare modifications, it triples it. also helps if the car has been owned for a while, no idea why. i only pay £1000 now im 19 cos the car is still in my mums name as she has owned it for nearly 10 years now, but if i was to buy it the quote would go back to the usual 3 grand. it makes no sense at all.

Ahaa yeah i wont be telling them anything about mods, i have only had it since december.. So not to long, i will be happy if i get a quote under £3000 as most have been well over that, adrian flux were the best with £3100, i think my postcode pops up as "massive sh** hole!" when they type it into there computer haaha, cars are always getting robbed and burnt up here, a neighbour a few houses down had there car set on fire last friday night, the person who done it had the cheek to set both the front and rear driverside wheels/wheel arches on fire which caused a crap load of damage :/ would honestly cry if it was mine! but yeah some of the things they base there prices on are so stupid
ArdenAndy

19th Jul 12 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have decided that i want the rocker cover and strut brace resprayed in Arden Blue so set about taking the cover off

gave it a good degreasing and a clean which left it like this

all fairly clean under there my dad gave where the gasket goes a good clean while i was doing the rocker cover (new gasket will be fitted once cover is finished)

also got the strut brace ready for primer/paint

and finaly finished the day off by putting on my stickers which im more than happy with

[Edited on 19-07-2012 by ArdenAndy]
Dann19

19th Jul 12 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like your engine work! will look sweet arden blue!
BeetleGav

19th Jul 12 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely it won't last with the engine heat?
ArdenAndy

20th Jul 12 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Dan i did a bit of research as i thought the same but lots of people have done it this way without any problems, etch primer then the paint then a petrol resistant lacquer, so it should be okay will look cool while it lasts anyway ahaa
ArdenAndy

20th Jul 12 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just got the bumper back off the body shop and to say the least its S***!!! its very orange pealy and theres paint on the bumper top, paint on the splitter, they havent put enough lauquer on so it looks and feels like crap in many parts and it looks like it was left in hurricane katrina while it was drying (looks like its been done in the rain.) we cant do anything about it as my taid paid for it (£120) and he took it there and brung it back from the place which his mate owns, and he thinks its a lovely job -_- my dad said he is going to do it again at home, soo thats my rant over for today haaha

[Edited on 20-07-2012 by ArdenAndy]
D0NN3R

20th Jul 12 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any pics of it

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden blue corsa b 23 database queries in 0.0185239 seconds