corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread
Daveskater
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Feb 12 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not too long now until the season starts, and I personally can't wait that long Will have to though I suppose

McLaren unveiled their new car today, looks more 'normal' compared to their 2011 car and the Caterham car.

More pics here - http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/02/01/mclaren-mp4-27-2012-f1-car-pictures/

A couple of good side-by-side pics with last year's car for comparison - http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012/02/01/mclaren-mp427-mp426-compared/

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures
Tiger

1st Feb 12 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking forward to 2014 when they are officially bringing back the 1.6 turbo lumps again! The first year I watched F1 1985 they had 1.5 turbo engines knocking out 1300HP!
Daveskater
Premium Member

1st Feb 12 at 20:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That will be pretty good when the turbos are back. Was watching some old footage last night and there was one video where Button and Hamilton drove Prost's 1000bhp title winning car Hopefully they'll be able to develop the engines better now instead of having all the power right at the top.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Tiger

1st Feb 12 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Changes to rules for 2012:

FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Changes to the 2012 Technical Regulations

- All engine standard ECU set up and control parameters, which were formerly contained only within a Technical Directive, are now contained within the relevant parts of the Technical Regulations.
- The exhaust tailpipes are now strictly regulated in order to ensure that the aerodynamic effect exhaust gases have on the car is kept to an absolute minimum.
- Better marking of in-car emergency switches operated by marshals are now stipulated.
- The side impact structures will now have to be subjected to a further (upward) push-off test.

Changes to the 2012 Sporting Regulations

- Cars may no longer take part in pre-season testing without having passed all crash tests.
- There will now be a maximum race time of four hours to ensure that a lengthy suspension of a race does not result in a race that could run up to eight hours if left unregulated.
- Before the safety car returns to the pits all lapped cars will be allowed to unlap themselves and then join the back of the pack, ensuring a clean re-start without slower cars impeding those racing for the leading positions.
- Cars which were in the pit lane when a race is suspended will now be allowed to re-join the cars on the grid in the position they were in when the race was suspended.
- Drivers may no longer leave the track without a justifiable reason, i.e. cutting a chicane on reconnaissance laps or ‘in’ laps to save time and fuel.
- Drivers may no longer move back onto the racing line having moved off it to defend a position.
- One three-day test will be carried out during the season, formerly there were none.
- All stewards’ decisions which are not subject to appeal are now in one place instead of being in various places within the regulations.
- All tyres allocated to a driver may now be used on the first day of practice; formerly only three sets were permitted.
Ben D

1st Feb 12 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

- Drivers may no longer move back onto the racing line having moved off it to defend a position.

That seems a bit daft and will make overtaking quite dull IMO.
Daveskater
Premium Member

1st Feb 12 at 21:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's more to clarify the "one move" rule than anything else, e.g. when Schumacher re-took the racing line at Monza when he had Hamilton behind him.

Edit - From 1:50 here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdExBpCpukI

[Edited on 01-02-2012 by Daveskater]

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Dom

1st Feb 12 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Caterham's efforts

Still confused how that 'bump' won't be a hindrance to aero, but Scarb did a decent write up on the CT-01 here and explains a few reason why they went that route (mainly under floor aero).
It was rumoured that a few teams, Ferrari being one, might go that way with their noses, hopefully it won't happen though as it looks ugly as sin.

Tiger - The turbo's will be a complete anticlimax considering they will be less than half the power (output will be the same but KERS, or ERS as it'll be then, will make up a fair chunk of it) of the 80's era turbos. Only saving grace is the fact Ferrari and McLaren gave the FIA crap about the inline-4s and changed it to V6's.
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Feb 12 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting proper excited here too. Got my 2011 McLaren team t-shirt and hat through the post last week so I can nerd it up on a weekend in last years cheapo gear

Also got tickets booked for Monza in september

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

2nd Feb 12 at 02:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You have to say, whether its technically the best car or not Mclaren ALWAYS wins the beauty contest. Such an awesome looking machine
AndyKent

2nd Feb 12 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be getting excited if I thought I could watch all the races live.

Bastards.
Tom

2nd Feb 12 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the Mclaren car as my wallpaper, proper nice looking machine as Jonny says.

I'm really looking forward to watching it this year, I didn't follow it properely last year for various reasons.
Daveskater
Premium Member

2nd Feb 12 at 13:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom, that's a pretty good photoshop

Where did you get your kit from, Kyle? I'd like a shirt

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Feb 12 at 13:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daveskater

http://www.grandprixlegends.com/motorsport-and-f1-merchandise/formula-one/mclaren?filter_reset=1

Pretty much 50% off on all the 2011 stuff

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jamie Walby

2nd Feb 12 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

McLaren website, might even be able to still pick some stuff up in their sale if its still on.
Jamie Walby

2nd Feb 12 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or there
smcGSI16V

2nd Feb 12 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking forward to how sky's programmes will pan out.
Dom

2nd Feb 12 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyKent
I'd be getting excited if I thought I could watch all the races live.

Bastards.

If it's a daytime race just nip to the Rose or last resort, Bankers as they'll likely show the races. Might also be lucky with The Park or the Ship; a lot better establishments.
Failing that, nab someones Sky ID and use Sky Go

JJ - Depends how far you're wanting to go back as Ferrari's were a lot better looking that McLaren's back in the 80s/90s. And Brawn's car looked fecking awesome compared to the rest of the grid.

Edit - Ferrari have cancelled tomorrows launch due to the snow, apparently they'll have photo's and a write up on their site though.

[Edited on 02-02-2012 by Dom]
JonnyJ

2nd Feb 12 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Since they changed to the chrome, black and red scheme. It just suits the futuristic look of F1 cars perfectly.

Agreed with the Ferraris of the 80's.
Stu_22

3rd Feb 12 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ferrari and Force India have gone with the ugly nose
Rob E

3rd Feb 12 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a fan of this platypus nose trend that seems to be developing this year :/

Ferrari F2012

Force India VJM05

Karthikeyan has also been named as the last driver to complete the 2012 grid. I'm gutted Barrichello didn't get a seat this year and is now looking set to move to Indy Car.

Full 2012 Driver lineup - http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2012-f1-season/2012-f1-drivers-teams/
Rob_Quads

3rd Feb 12 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really interesting piece about the new McLaren from the new Techi guy in the BBC team - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/16864721

One of the intersting points he made was that the kink in the noise would barely be notiable in a wind tunnel. To my untrained eye i would have said it would have a massive difference but obviously not.

Sounded like he had quite a few reservations about the mcLaren design
Rob E

3rd Feb 12 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He does point out some interesting stuff in that video, however, the front runners will not have all their race components on their launch car, there will be some secrets kept in the confides of the workshop
Daveskater
Premium Member

3rd Feb 12 at 13:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:

http://www.grandprixlegends.com/motorsport-and-f1-merchandise/formula-one/mclaren?filter_reset=1

Pretty much 50% off on all the 2011 stuff
They only have S and XXL left Bad times.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
Daveskater
Premium Member

3rd Feb 12 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That Ferrari is hideous.

Numberwang!

Look at my pictures
JonnyJ

3rd Feb 12 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
That Ferrari is hideous.

This. Jesus christ, ugly as sin, I'd ban that from competing.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2012 Thread 24 database queries in 0.1942890 seconds