corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa gsi 1993

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa gsi 1993
Tommygsi

User status: Offline
29th May 12 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its now running, on friday night i stripped the new engine of all the inlets looms pipes etc ready to swap over as im using the c16 ecu so got all that done and on saturday morning me and jamie were up at 8am to start joabs with a quick trip to the spar for energy drinks we finished swapping all the bits across then my mate from hawick came over to put new timing belt kit on and waterpump so next we were ready to get it on the crane and lower it in it took a while to line it up with the gearbox but it went in eventually i didnt take many photos to be honest completly forgot, then on sunday we started to plug the loom etc together did tht for a bit while on a sickie from the gfs then i was thooombed and had to go a walk then last night after work i fitted the radiator and oil filter and driveshaft filled it with oil and water and it started first turn let it run for 20mins or so but havent taken it anywhere yet as im going down jamies work on wednesday get it on the lift and put some gearbox oil in and have a look as its idling kinda lumpy so should be ready then all in time for next again weekends trip to pvs
Tommygsi

30th May 12 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got some pics not much thou as i just wanted to get on one of new engine on friday night ready to swap everything over..

dougie rae guiding it in on the phone on saturday...

and a picture of it after going out on sunday for a couple hours...

i also still have the 1400 engine so took the rocker off it and took it to a bodyshop to get painted and now have it back...

RyanHair

30th May 12 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks did Your the boy for makin ah build thread lol. Cars looking well! roll on PVS!
Tommygsi

31st May 12 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ha duno bwt that, yeah hopefully get it runnin better seems like an air leak vacuum thats making it idle lumpy im gona heta wash it the wings n bumper r covered in our oily hands haha.
Tommygsi

8th Jun 12 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

update before pvs, on inspection at corsasportjamies work there was a knocking noise coming from the timingbelt cover so last friday night we had a look and it turned out to be a faulty tensioner althou it was new so fitted the old one back on

hairy inspecting the joab

took it for its first run last friday night to duns to watch the jim clark rally, on sunday i decided to fit new rocker and re paint the lexmaul as it had gotten quite scratched during conversion

old plugs put some bosch 4 point ones in

and with the new lows the exhaust rattles off the axel so i put an dh mountain bike tube round the axel with wire it will melt but il just keep replacing it

then i decided il have to wash it so went away and couldnt find car shampoo so used radox muscle soak heres peado bear getting a bubble bath

and after going out and buying some polish my mate told me about meguirs stuff in dark red bottle 3 sperate bottles with 3 steps all in took me 5 hours dont think il do it again but seeing as its going on the stand i knew it needed it....

il imagine after 310 miles it isnt going to look like that just need to sort out beer etc for tommorrow and thats me ready
connollygt30

8th Jun 12 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks a stunning example,no jacking covers let it down though

Wont the rubber melt from the heat off the exhaust?
Tommygsi

8th Jun 12 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers ive got all 4 jacking covers not long sourced them but are in silver so need painting, and yeah the rubber will melt just going to keep replacing it
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

8th Jun 12 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yum. Looks spanking!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Tommygsi

8th Jun 12 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks darryl
AndyCorsaSport

8th Jun 12 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stunning that. Black cesaro's really suit red GSi.

Im wanting a GSi lately, just seen a red one on eBay for £900 but gone now. Yours looks spot on.
Tommygsi

8th Jun 12 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Andy glad u like it yeah nice little cars just gota keep on top of the red ones as they seem to fade in colour lol.
AndyCorsaSport

8th Jun 12 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I work in a bodyshop that wouldn't be a problem lol.
Ben G

8th Jun 12 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

radox muscle soak bet it feels nice and relaxed now.

seems to have come up a treat after the 3 stage megs. good product, but a absolute ballache to take off
Tommygsi

8th Jun 12 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That would be perfect working in a bodyshop

Thanks ben yeah it needed a good relaxing period before driving it down yeah i know what u mean the wax took some taking off think i would invest in a machine polisher if i was to do it again
Tommygsi

13th Jun 12 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it made the journey to pvs and back i tripped my mile count bit on the dash and since leaving my house saturday morning untill i got home the whole trip was 695 miles and it didnt miss a beat so happy with that, it was my first time there and there was alot going on so i apologise for not being at the stand much some really clean corsas on the stand thou build threads dont do them justice till u see them, while i was there i took my car on the rolling road just to see what it would be running and it was 114bhp

the guy said it needed mapped and i would see 6-7 bhp throu doing that so i think thats next on my list just need to find somewhere i took a few photos and a video of it on...

my future plans with my corsa i think will be engine work put the head off my c16 on it and some cams depending how money goes id really like to buy throttle bodies but all this will happen over the winter while its off the road, there is a few bits id like to get painted like the front bumper aswel

Jed D

13th Jun 12 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if that rubber on your axle melts try using an old timing belt, cut it, wrap it round and put some juberlee clips at each end.
car looks tidy and thats a decent figure
sure i seen it at pv and its looks tidy
Tommygsi

13th Jun 12 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the tip there jed never thought about that and ive got the old belt as i replaced it cheers it had been on the campsite and had done 350 miles down so was looking manky and only had lynx shower gel to wash it un prepared.
Kris.Star.silver

13th Jun 12 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

glad to see its up and running again. looking great! if youre thinking bout chips i know m-tec in germany do that would maybe suit youre car. I was enquiring about a chip for mine but ive just got a piggy back ecu cause ive bigger injectors an that. But m-tec's chip is considerably cheaper than ones over here you would just need to get someone to fit it.
Tommygsi

13th Jun 12 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

javascript:void
Tommygsi

26th Jun 12 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi small update, ive since been researching into what im going to get next performance wise and have bought some items il reveal at a later date.
ive also taken the head off my c16xe engine and am going to fit it been thinking about porting and polishing it myself but im no expert with cars so might not attempt it

at the weekend there was a retro show at crail with 1/4 mile action so on sunday i went up and once i got up there it wasnt that busy as id thought but saying that it was raining on saturday and the forecast was rain but once i got there it was jumper off and sun was out couple showers but was windy so dried up i thought il take my car on not done anything like it so watched some cars first see how the lights worked i did 11 runs, all in the 16 seconds my quickest was a 16.1 sec. i have some videos my girlfriend took il upload these and some pics of what ive been upto once i figure out how to upload through the garage section on here
mike56gte

27th Jun 12 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one a 16.1 aint bad. My mate tied a welding glove to his rear axle to stop the rattle. Being heat proof they last pretty long.
Tommygsi

27th Jun 12 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mike, that sounds a pretty good idea aswel ive still got the rubber on at the moment done just short of 1k miles and its still fine for now. But will prob get welding glove on next
connollygt30

27th Jun 12 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why not just get the exhaust fixed to sit properly mate?
Tommygsi

27th Jun 12 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just cause of the lows when it hits a bump.
Jon_C
Premium Member

27th Jun 12 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on my really low corsa i cable tied an exhaust rubber to the beam. Lasted the few years i had the car

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » corsa gsi 1993 24 database queries in 0.1883199 seconds