corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Match Thread - Sponsored by The hardworking armchairs of CS

New Poll
  <<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Match Thread - Sponsored by The hardworking armchairs of CS
Russ

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 12 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
he may get a retrospective ban for that in somebody who knows about the games opinion who i have copied

yes because it takes a genius to work out stamping on someones head is a red card offence
um, no it doesnt
Ben J

23rd Jan 12 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
My honest view is....Even with Dalglish and big signings Liverpool are no better than they have been in last 10-15 years. Capable of the odd big win but thats it. Nowhere near PL/Top 4 challengers.

That doesn't even make sense We spent most years under Rafa challenging for the Champions League, how would we do that in the last 10-15 years if we hadn't been capable of being being PL/Top 4 challengers.

When was the last time Arsenal won a trophy again? We are 1 point behind you FFS

I said "no better" than last 10-15 years???? So the "King" is back, spent loads..still no better.

What's Arsenal got to do with Liverpool?

#defensive!

[Edited on 23-01-2012 by Ben J]
Tom

23rd Jan 12 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Liverpool lost because they are stale when attacking. They are predictable and without Suarez. wolves have a nice rest and before they play liverpool, and liverpool have to get beat by utd and city before coming to us, so will be out of every competition having spent a pretty penny. not good enough, can only blame the manager

We are stale in attack, which is why we need a new forward or two. We were stake all over the pitch against Bolton though, we beat City away in the 1st leg with a similar team to the one put out yesterday. We've not been beaten by them both yet We'll pick ourselves back up after that.
Tom

23rd Jan 12 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
My honest view is....Even with Dalglish and big signings Liverpool are no better than they have been in last 10-15 years. Capable of the odd big win but thats it. Nowhere near PL/Top 4 challengers.

That doesn't even make sense We spent most years under Rafa challenging for the Champions League, how would we do that in the last 10-15 years if we hadn't been capable of being being PL/Top 4 challengers.

When was the last time Arsenal won a trophy again? We are 1 point behind you FFS

I said "No better" than last 10-15 years????

What's Arsenal got to do with Liverpool?

#defensive!

You said no better than the last 10-15 years and qualified that by saying 'Nowhere near PL/Top 4 challenders'.

Arsenal being in the race for 4th has got alot to do with Liverpool at the moment?

#hashtag
Ben J

23rd Jan 12 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nowhere near PL/Top 4 which you aren't at mo?

We are talking about Liverpool, what has arsenal's last trophy got to do with it?

Very defensive Tom.

Russ

23rd Jan 12 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:
Liverpool lost because they are stale when attacking. They are predictable and without Suarez. wolves have a nice rest and before they play liverpool, and liverpool have to get beat by utd and city before coming to us, so will be out of every competition having spent a pretty penny. not good enough, can only blame the manager

We are stale in attack, which is why we need a new forward or two. We were stake all over the pitch against Bolton though, we beat City away in the 1st leg with a similar team to the one put out yesterday. We've not been beaten by them both yet We'll pick ourselves back up after that.
you cant be confident after your last performance, your midfield will get over run if charlie adam has 59% passing accuracy, you will never see the ball
Ben G

23rd Jan 12 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

we beat man united 4-0 mate. doesn't mean anything. it's 1 game.
Ben J

23rd Jan 12 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liverpool will get gubbed by Utd and City imo. Although they do sometimes raise it for big games.
Ben G

23rd Jan 12 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
anyone else hear some twat on talksport saying that scott parker brought the challenge on himself because he kept sliding in against players all match

[Edited on 23-01-2012 by Steve]

he did that alot tbf but thats what he does. he's a bit old skool, not fit for the fairy boys nowadays.
Tom

23rd Jan 12 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

We are talking about Liverpool, what has arsenal's last trophy got to do with it?

Very defensive Tom.

Get over yourself, you are talking about Liverpool's credentials and saying we are nowhere near top 4. You are 1 point closer to top 4 than us I'm perfectly within my rights to questions Arsenal's credentials when you are saying we've been in the same place for 10-15 years that's the biggest sweeping statement i've ever read. Did you forget our league challenge in 08/09? Kenny needs time, he will make mistakes but to write him off already is about as knee jerk as you wanting Wenger out after 1 or 2 dodgy defeats (which appears quite a regular thing tbh).
Ben G

23rd Jan 12 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom

23rd Jan 12 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
you cant be confident after your last performance, your midfield will get over run if charlie adam has 59% passing accuracy, you will never see the ball

I've already said that Adam isn't good enough to be playing their? Spearing will be back and I fully expect Adam to be dropped after that on Saturday.

quote:
Liverpool will get gubbed by Utd and City imo. Although they do sometimes raise it for big games.

I think you're writing us off a bit quickly, we regularly raise our game against big sides. I expect a massive response from the lads who play, they don't get criticised by Kenny too much and they'll be dissapointed with Saturday. We do still need some new options in attack though, regardless of that and Suarez coming back.
Ben J

23rd Jan 12 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

Very defensive Tom.

Get over yourself, you are talking about Liverpool's credentials and saying we are nowhere near top 4. You are 1 point closer to top 4 than us I'm perfectly within my rights to questions Arsenal's credentials when you are saying we've been in the same place for 10-15 years that's the biggest sweeping statement i've ever read. Did you forget our league challenge in 08/09? Kenny needs time, he will make mistakes but to write him off already is about as knee jerk as you wanting Wenger out after 1 or 2 dodgy defeats (which appears quite a regular thing tbh).

Agan, what's this got to do with Arsenal? As i'm an Arsenal fan am I not allowed a view on another club. Is that it?
Ben J

23rd Jan 12 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As for me wanting Wenger "Out". My view has never changed? Its not just a straightforward case of wanting him out.

And is it "1 or 2" dodgy defeats or a "regular thing" ???

Russ

23rd Jan 12 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

I've already said that Adam isn't good enough to be playing their? Spearing will be back and I fully expect Adam to be dropped after that on Saturday.

quote:

I think you're writing us off a bit quickly, we regularly raise our game against big sides. I expect a massive response from the lads who play, they don't get criticised by Kenny too much and they'll be dissapointed with Saturday. We do still need some new options in attack though, regardless of that and Suarez coming back.

I hope liverpool do progress and Reina dies when Balotelli stamps on him. I'm not one to blame managers, but there's being unlucky, and there's getting it wrong.

MM comes on TV after we play crap and says "we played crap, we didnt defend well, we made mistakes"

KD comes on TV after you play crap and says "If that's the level they expect this football club to play at, they won't be here long. If they think they can just turn up and get a result and not be competitive and not match the opposition for effort, then they have had a lesson today. The foundations the football club have always been built on is respect for other people. It is built on the philosophy that the next game is the most important one, not the one that is two or three down the line. If they needed a lesson to be taught to them then this was it"

KD is obviously trying to protect his own skin, he isnt talking to 18/19 year olds, he is talking to professional footballers, and shows lack of respect to them saying what he did, imo
Russ

23rd Jan 12 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit just got deep in here
Ben J

23rd Jan 12 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm waiting for Tom's "Next year" quote just to finish off the thread.

Kenny is just practising this year, sussing out the opposition. Next year he'll win the PL.

mwg

23rd Jan 12 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom

23rd Jan 12 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

Very defensive Tom.

Agan, what's this got to do with Arsenal? As i'm an Arsenal fan am I not allowed a view on another club. Is that it?

You can't see the relevance of questioning our credentials and me responding talking about yours? Are you a football fan or a politician ffs? The point is, you are questioning what Kenny is doing and i'm saying he's been back in the job for a year, you should know that it requires more time than that to turn a team into a PL contender.
Tom

23rd Jan 12 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
As for me wanting Wenger "Out". My view has never changed? Its not just a straightforward case of wanting him out.

So you still want him out?
Ben J

23rd Jan 12 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

So you still want him out?

As i've said for last 2 years he needs to review and change his policies and stop being so loyal to the board and tell truth about funds, or maybe its time for him to leave.
Tom

23rd Jan 12 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Kenny is just practising this year, sussing out the opposition. Next year he'll win the PL.

See you're peddling yet more out of date stereotypes. The only time i've said that was after 08/09 season, until I found out Alsono was off. I'm realistic about what we are capable of, we have been a good competition club over the years, but we have lacked the quality and mentality to do anything of substance in the league for a while (barring 08/09). Saying that, if you want me to pack up and give up hope about where the club I love is going then you need to give your head a wobble.
Russ

23rd Jan 12 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have packed up and gave up hope about my club
Ben J

23rd Jan 12 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

See you're peddling yet more out of date stereotypes. The only time i've said that was after 08/09 season, until I found out Alsono was off. I'm realistic about what we are capable of, we have been a good competition club over the years, but we have lacked the quality and mentality to do anything of substance in the league for a while (barring 08/09). Saying that, if you want me to pack up and give up hope about where the club I love is going then you need to give your head a wobble.

Hubcaps everywhere.
Tom

23rd Jan 12 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tom
quote:

quote:

I hope liverpool do progress and Reina dies when Balotelli stamps on him. I'm not one to blame managers, but there's being unlucky, and there's getting it wrong.

MM comes on TV after we play crap and says "we played crap, we didnt defend well, we made mistakes"

KD comes on TV after you play crap and says "If that's the level they expect this football club to play at, they won't be here long. If they think they can just turn up and get a result and not be competitive and not match the opposition for effort, then they have had a lesson today. The foundations the football club have always been built on is respect for other people. It is built on the philosophy that the next game is the most important one, not the one that is two or three down the line. If they needed a lesson to be taught to them then this was it"

KD is obviously trying to protect his own skin, he isnt talking to 18/19 year olds, he is talking to professional footballers, and shows lack of respect to them saying what he did, imo

You're a classy lad sometimes, Russ. I'm a racist, you hope Reina dies?

If you knew anything about our squad, you would understand why he was forced into that line-up. We had no-one else to play in a DM role, so we played Adam their and he failed miserably. The rest of the team should have been up to the job. He's a manager who instills confidence in his players by mainly focussing on the positives, there were none of any note yesterday so he chose to publicise his criticism of the players, they deserve every word and if they can't take it on the chin they can fuck off as far as i'm concerned. As I've already said in this thread, Dalglish isn't above criticism, he got it wrong against Stoke by playing 3 CB's, but he put the best team out that he could against Bolton and the players didn't do their jobs.

<<  18    19    20    21    22    23    24  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Match Thread - Sponsored by The hardworking armchairs of CS 23 database queries in 0.0312381 seconds