corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Match Thread - Sponsored by The hardworking armchairs of CS

New Poll
  <<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend Match Thread - Sponsored by The hardworking armchairs of CS
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
22nd Jan 12 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like this

Ben J

22nd Jan 12 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper

Also Chris:

You must be pretty furious with your clubs buying up to now? Squad looks average and the buy's are not performing.

Who is to blame? Manager, players or the guy in charge of identifying players who used to be at Spurs?

I dont think Kenny can be blamed because unlike AW he isn't making excuses about the under par performances and this season we have deserved alot more than we have got but thats football at the end of the day. If you listened to his post match interview yesterday he laid into the players and basically said it was the worst performance he has seen and if it continues then the players wont be around much longer.

Doesn't matter what the managers say in post match. Neither are performing. The Liverpool fans seemingly think Kenny is a god, when he's actually average. The Arse fans know AW needs to change his methods or sod off but he's untouchable according to the board.
Cavey

22nd Jan 12 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Goals in 2012? Is that fat Adriano? Didn't know he was still playing, and scoring
Nismo

22nd Jan 12 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Balotelli is a cunt, I hate him more than Nani now.
Rick Draper

22nd Jan 12 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
Balotelli is a cunt, I hate him more than Nani now.

Bloke is a fucking Legend
Ben J

22nd Jan 12 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Out of interest Ben where do you see Arsenal going?

Must be a worry to have a manager who is it would seem untouchable, stuck in his ways and determined to try to rebuild the team his own way.

Is there really money on the table for him to spend?

Also Chris:

You must be pretty furious with your clubs buying up to now? Squad looks average and the buy's are not performing.

Who is to blame? Manager, players or the guy in charge of identifying players who used to be at Spurs?

Only the board and AW know if there's money. AW is too loyal to the board and vice versa. AW needs to say if there's no money instead of making himself look like an idiot buy not spending.

His substitution of Ox today cost us the game potentially. Why take the best player off and bring on a player who is lazy and can't defend?!

Good point of today was TV5 being back and the Ox who must gets starts now.

Walcott was utter utter utter shit.
Steve
Premium Member

22nd Jan 12 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was a bit confused why he took ox off, support were too it seemed
andys sxi
Premium Member

22nd Jan 12 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
the way i see it, he was in the air and tried to land his feet, but scott parker was in the way.

he didn't even look where parker was on the floor.

yes it looked a bit like a stamp, but it happened so fast that you can't be sure whether he meant it or not, in real time.

Just Cus scott Parker left your championship team doesn't deserve to be stamped on

Ballotelli knew he was on the floor somewhere so he just stamped his foot on him knowing it would have got it, that's just dirty play and should have been sent off

April 08 feature car
Nic Barnes

22nd Jan 12 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary Neville
i was a bit confused why he took ox off, support were too it seemed

Ben G

22nd Jan 12 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by andys sxi
quote:
the way i see it, he was in the air and tried to land his feet, but scott parker was in the way.

yes it looked a bit like a stamp, but it happened so fast that you can't be sure whether he meant it or not, in real time.

Just Cus scott Parker left your championship team doesn't deserve to be stamped on

Ballotelli knew he was on the floor somewhere so he just stamped his foot on him knowing it would have got it, that's just dirty play and should have been sent off

what are you talking about you armchair warrior? i applauded the fact parker went to spurs. his talent was wasted in our team. glad he actually has the chance to win medals no
andys sxi
Premium Member

22nd Jan 12 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time of month?? calm Down

April 08 feature car
DC90

22nd Jan 12 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Do you not think the way his foot went wasn't actually a natural movement? From what I can see he stamped..
Edit - fail quote

[Edited on 22-01-2012 by DC90]
Nismo

23rd Jan 12 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Exactly! dirty cunt! he shouldn't get away with that!
Ben J

23rd Jan 12 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo a stamp. Naughty.

Still love Ballo though.
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Jan 12 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone else hear some twat on talksport saying that scott parker brought the challenge on himself because he kept sliding in against players all match

[Edited on 23-01-2012 by Steve]
Ben J

23rd Jan 12 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree tbh. Sliding in deffo deserves being stamped on in the face.
Rick Draper

23rd Jan 12 at 09:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone on the times website has commented that unless wenger goes soon he can see arsenal been in the relegation battle in 4 years
Ben J

23rd Jan 12 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus. If we are still in 5th with this shower of shite then we'll never get relegated.
Tom

23rd Jan 12 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:

Also Chris:

I dont think the signings have all been bad tbh. Henderson is a talent and will be a part of the squad for years to come. We all know Stewart Downing is a good footballer but he just hasnt performed yet.

Carroll was a panic buy BUT his performances of late have improved, He isn't on the goal trail but has been putting in a much better shift and his link up play with Bellamy yesterday was very good.
Charlie Adam is not good enough to be a Liverpool player imo. Granted he can spray passes for fun but he has not got a very good turn of foot and resorts to silly fouls all of the time.
Jose Enrique has been an immense signing for us imo as he has been solid all season bar his mistake yesterday which gifted Bolton a goal.

I think the blame lies solely at the door of the players. There is no doubting they are a hugely talented bunch of individuals and with no disrespect to Bolton, We should be beating teams like them.

I never agreed with Damien Comolli being drafted in because of his 'success' at Spurs.

I dont think Kenny can be blamed because unlike AW he isn't making excuses about the under par performances and this season we have deserved alot more than we have got but thats football at the end of the day. If you listened to his post match interview yesterday he laid into the players and basically said it was the worst performance he has seen and if it continues then the players wont be around much longer.

Agree with the first two paragraphs pretty much. Still a team in transition and some signings work out, some don't. The biggest issue against Bolton was Adam, he's simply not got the discipline to play in a 2 man midfield without Lucas, he can't tackle and he gets caught out all over the place. We'll look a much better side with Spearing back and obviously Suarez. Downing is frustrating as hell, and Kuyt has been terrible all season. Carroll played better against Bolton, but he still nowhere near good enough at the moment. Glad we got Bellamy back. We need a new signing or two in attack, it's not clicking and we need a short term solution at the least. The players generally need to have a look at themselves, but it's Kenny's job to get their heads right. He's not above criticism, he has made mistakes but he's been forced into a bit of a corner because of injuries and suspensions. The team he put out on paper should have been able to beat Bolton.
Ben J

23rd Jan 12 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My honest view is....Even with Dalglish and big signings Liverpool are no better than they have been in last 10-15 years. Capable of the odd big win but thats it. Nowhere near PL/Top 4 challengers.
Russ

23rd Jan 12 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
he may get a retrospective ban for that in somebody who knows about the games opinion who i have copied
Russ

23rd Jan 12 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
My honest view is....Even with Dalglish and big signings Liverpool are no better than they have been in last 10-15 years. Capable of the odd big win but thats it. Nowhere near PL/Top 4 challengers.
worse, at least they were good in Europe in the last 10 years
Tom

23rd Jan 12 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J

That doesn't even make sense We spent most years under Rafa challenging for the Champions League, how would we do that in the last 10-15 years if we hadn't been capable of being being PL/Top 4 challengers.

When was the last time Arsenal won a trophy again? We are 1 point behind you FFS
Steve
Premium Member

23rd Jan 12 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
he may get a retrospective ban for that in somebody who knows about the games opinion who i have copied

yes because it takes a genius to work out stamping on someones head is a red card offence
Russ

23rd Jan 12 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Liverpool lost because they are stale when attacking. They are predictable and without Suarez. wolves have a nice rest and before they play liverpool, and liverpool have to get beat by utd and city before coming to us, so will be out of every competition having spent a pretty penny. not good enough, can only blame the manager

<<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend Match Thread - Sponsored by The hardworking armchairs of CS 24 database queries in 0.0176539 seconds