corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » itunes day

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author itunes day
Matt L

User status: Offline
10th Jan 12 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can i buy something from itunes.com and use it in this country?

as its not available over here yet .
Gary
Premium Member

10th Jan 12 at 23:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id like to know this as ive tried getting something from german app store and its a no go unless your in germany
Whittie

11th Jan 12 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
Id like to know this as ive tried getting something from german app store and its a no go unless your in germany

Burn the Jews Game?
Dom

11th Jan 12 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it linked to your Apple ID? Could try using a US VPN, few free ones about (have a look at hostizzle.com, not the most reliable but when it works it works pretty well), and seeing if that does the job.
Balling
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

American iTunes only works with American credit card.

The workaround is to buy an iTunes gift card from eBay.com and just register a new iTunes account with US information.

Living in an insignificantly small country, this is the only way to have a proper amount of music and movies on iTunes.

Benefits also include American pricing and release dates.

whitter45

12th Jan 12 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really

I bought Apps when I was in NY at New Year and got charged the US price not UK price
sc0ott

12th Jan 12 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I managed to download the american gifts from the 12 days of christmas app.
Balling
Premium Member

12th Jan 12 at 11:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
really

I bought Apps when I was in NY at New Year and got charged the US price not UK price

Really?

I find that hard to believe.
Your iTunes account is tied up with a certain iTunes store. So unless you logged out of the app store and then logged in with a different account, registered to the US store, then I really can't see you getting charged in USD.

AppStore and iTunes do not care, nor check, where in the world you are.

jamied

12th Jan 12 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have same trouble as soon as you add a credit card it ties you to the store for that country.. my dads appstore turned to Spanish as soon as he added a Spanish credit card to it. I used my English cred card so mine is UK account. If I click a link etc to an app in another countries store it says not available.
whitter45

12th Jan 12 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
really

Really?

I find that hard to believe.
Your iTunes account is tied up with a certain iTunes store. So unless you logged out of the app store and then logged in with a different account, registered to the US store, then I really can't see you getting charged in USD.

AppStore and iTunes do not care, nor check, where in the world you are.

when i got my ipad in NY they set it up for me and the itunes store had all apps in dollars

I then got back to the UK and now I have all the apps in sterling

not sure if i am on the same wavelength though so ignore me if its a different situation. i.e you might have to be in the US to purchase US apps/tunes etc

[Edited on 12-01-2012 by whitter45]

[Edited on 12-01-2012 by whitter45]
Balling
Premium Member

14th Jan 12 at 06:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
when i got my ipad in NY they set it up for me and the itunes store had all apps in dollars

I then got back to the UK and now I have all the apps in sterling

not sure if i am on the same wavelength though so ignore me if its a different situation. i.e you might have to be in the US to purchase US apps/tunes etc

It might have shown up in USD up until you actually purchased something and put in your iTunes details (email and password). After that, it will most certainly have changed the currency to GBP.

Again, as said above, you can not purchase from the US AppStore or iTunes with a none US credit card.

And also, your location does not matter the slightest. Though I'm in Denmark, I primarily use the US iTunes because of a far better selection of movies.
Travelling to and from the States has never affected iTunes on either of my devices.

New Poll