corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPod to iTunes

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPod to iTunes
Dom

User status: Offline
21st Aug 11 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't use iTunes but i need to sync my iPod to someone elses (iTunes/iPod) - what's the best way of doing this? I read that you can copy the music from the iPod directory (hidden directory) and in-turn import that into iTunes, but is there an option in iTunes to import/sync from an iPod (an option that doesn't erase my iPod nor their iTunes library)?
Russ

21st Aug 11 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there's no option built in to itunes (not that i have ever noticed anyway), there are several programs that will do it though
sc0ott

21st Aug 11 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I tried looking into this yesterday as my bro put on the tom tom europe sat nav on to my iphone from his itunes.
Some say if you right click on the iphones name on the very left hand side and select 'transfer purchases' it usually transfers the apps etc but not the music.

Reason apple dont approve this is due to music piracy, hence why 3rd party software is needed.
sc0ott

21st Aug 11 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could get a copied cd off him with all the music and then add that to your library.
Cavey

21st Aug 11 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you not do it with winamp?

Or isnt there an ipod to itunes program that usually gets mentioned, or am i mistaking what you want to do?
Russ

23rd Aug 11 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorted?
pow
Premium Member

23rd Aug 11 at 22:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

foobar
Dom

23rd Aug 11 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Couldn't find an option in iTunes to copy music across. Closest i could find was 'import' so i ended up copying the music to a portable drive and importing it in iTunes; was a complete ballache! If i could have installed Winamp i would have, would have been a lot simpler (ie: right mouse click > copy ipod to pc)

New Poll