corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » LCD / LED / Plasma TVs

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author LCD / LED / Plasma TVs
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Dec 11 at 10:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This again...

Okay people, believe it or not, technology evolves! Because you once had a plasma TV that produced a lot of heat does not mean that all plasmas do that. Especially not a 2011 plasma.
Since plasmas have become more energy efficient, they also produce a lot less heat.

LCD is more sharp than plasma? Just plain false.

LCD has better viewing angle? Again, false. Only exception is vertical viewing angle. If you are 2 metres above or below your plasma it will seem very dark.

Balling
Premium Member

29th Dec 11 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chr15barn3s
My mate has a room so small he has his bed and a chest of drawers at the end with a 50'' Samsung plasma on top. It chucks out so much heat it's ridiculous and the picture quality is awful because it's so close. Would an LCD give a better image if it has to be that close?

No, a better TV would give a better image. It's not dependent on the technology.

BarnshaW

29th Dec 11 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
This again...

Okay people, believe it or not, technology evolves! Because you once had a plasma TV that produced a lot of heat does not mean that all plasmas do that. Especially not a 2011 plasma.
Since plasmas have become more energy efficient, they also produce a lot less heat.

LCD is more sharp than plasma? Just plain false.

LCD has better viewing angle? Again, false. Only exception is vertical viewing angle. If you are 2 metres above or below your plasma it will seem very dark.

you say false, but again its peoples opinions, it will always be opinions on this, however we have a showroom with over 60 tv's at work all on and all setup correctly and the general consensus is LCD looks like a better image, again its all down to personal preference.
Balling
Premium Member

29th Dec 11 at 11:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
you say false, but again its peoples opinions, it will always be opinions on this, however we have a showroom with over 60 tv's at work all on and all setup correctly and the general consensus is LCD looks like a better image, again its all down to personal preference.

Completely agree, personal preference is a huge aspect of this issue.

Heat, sharpness, longevity and viewing angle, however, are measurable aspects and it's just completely wrong to claim that these are general areas of issue on plasma TV's.

Not knowing where or how you work, I would dispute that circumstances present when you compare 60 TV's side by side are not very similar to the lighting and atmosphere of a living room, where you would hang the TV. Thus, such comparison is useless, more or less.

When recently looking to buy a new TV I saw a lot of screens that I new for a fact were technically impaired, but presented them self very well in the stores.

That said, if you buy a TV you find awesome and fantastic, no matter of technical mumbo jumbo can (or should) alter that fact.
My brother in law has a cheap ass Philips 46" and thinks it's the tits. He uses it for PS2 games and cartoons for his kids. It does what it says on the box, which is good enough for the average user.

BarnshaW

29th Dec 11 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agree with that, here is something very interesting for you, we have a retailer selling 2 x tv's , both 50 inch, both LED, both the same spec and picture quality both as good as eachtoher, one of them is RRP of nearly £200 more, in the last 2 weeks they have sold 22 of the more expensive ones and 0 of the other one.

the reason why and deciding factor for nearly everyone is the aesthetics of the more expensive one, the bezel and frame are slimmer and more sleek and that has been the decising factor for nearly everyone
Balling
Premium Member

29th Dec 11 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Makes perfect sense. At least 75% of the time we spend in the living room, our TV is going to be turned off, so I want it to be as good and discrete looking as possible.

When buying a new TV I didn't even consider the Panasonic range. Even though I know they deliver suplime picture quality for the money, I just couldn't deal with a design that looks like it's pulled straight out of 2003.

John

29th Dec 11 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I check what's available for my rough budget then research each individually, normally end up going above to get a better one.

I never look at contrast ratio or many of the other figures, you can get a feel pretty quickly without.

I like LCD better, I understand plasma has it's merits though.

Bezel on my TV was the main selling point.

If you aren't as anal as some of us in here are it's probably just worth getting whatever one with what you think is the best picture.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll