corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa GSi...(Long Term Project)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa GSi...(Long Term Project)
Todi-Corsa

User status: Offline
16th Feb 12 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommygsi
nice thread looks good dude

Thanks mate got lots more to come while I'm on my "career break" progress should be a bit more regualr

thanks for the positive comment
Tommygsi

17th Feb 12 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha just aswel your on the career break looks a big project, nice to see theres no corners being cut will be keeping an eye on this
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

17th Feb 12 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gearbox spacer mate

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Todi-Corsa

17th Feb 12 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
Gearbox spacer mate

ah yea will be running one mate
Todi-Corsa

17th Feb 12 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tommygsi
Haha just aswel your on the career break looks a big project, nice to see theres no corners being cut will be keeping an eye on this

cheers mate yea cut lots of corners the first time but huge to do list doing every detail this time its gonna drive me loopy I think

Todi-Corsa

18th Feb 12 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got these replacement full sills the other day, not wafer thin either like most pattern sills

Thats it for now

[Edited on 18-02-2012 by Todi-Corsa]
Todi-Corsa

29th Feb 12 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much has happened on the car over the last few weeks for a few reasons, but today decided to organise out some of the replacement pannels I've collected for welding in, all was going swimingly well until I knocked something over, didn't realise what it was I'd knocked it over for about 30 mins before I decided to investigate what it was and to my horror I'd managed to knock a bottle of nitromorse which split and splattered all over my painted up gearbox ..... to say I was (still am) annoyed was an understatement, didn't take any pics of it as I was too busy stomping round in a mood

anyway going to paint it up again when I paint the rear beam, which should be tomorrows task when I take it off the car

[Edited on 29-02-2012 by Todi-Corsa]
Darryl H
Premium Member

29th Feb 12 at 23:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ah bugger! Hope you sort it all ok mate

Todi-Corsa

1st Mar 12 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ah bugger! Hope you sort it all ok mate

yea cheers mate, I've calmed down a bit now its a reet mess thou hope the bolts play fair on the rear beam tomorrow and come out easily, just been out and sprayed more un seizing spray on em

[Edited on 01-03-2012 by Todi-Corsa]
DERV-POWER

1st Mar 12 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Todi-Corsa
Got these replacement full sills the other day, not wafer thin either like most pattern sills

Thats it for now

[Edited on 18-02-2012 by Todi-Corsa]

where did you get them from
Todi-Corsa

1st Mar 12 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

where did you get them from

I got them through a local parts suplier near me seen as Hadrian panels went under these were ordered in off a diffrent company (can't remeber the name), If you want I can give you the parts suppliers phone number PM me for it if you do
Todi-Corsa

1st Mar 12 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

*Update*

today wire brushed the gearbox lost intrest with it after about an hour (think I'm still annoyed with what happened yeasterday ) hence no pics and decided to move the storage area around again!!, now got all the bits I need first stacked up next to the welder and grinder ready for welding

going to get that gearbox sanded down tomorrow for sure, forgot completely about the rear beam but I'll do that another day

[Edited on 01-03-2012 by Todi-Corsa]
Todi-Corsa

18th Mar 12 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I'd actually do an update, been doing a few things here & there on the car over the last few weeks. also got myself some "wheels" not a car but a scooter, needed something reliable to get me from A to B so bought a completley standard 4T piaggio Zip.... and yes its slow as hell just like the guy who sold it me said do like it thou and sounds quite good as its a 4 stroke, also its better than walking everywhere and was cheap as chips to insure

Anyway back to the car...

Wirewheeled the gearbox back to the metal again to repaint it due to the nitromorse incident few pics >>

Glad its back to looking like it was now.

Also stripped down the rear discs that are going to be used for the rear disc conversion, I trimmed the back plates off them and then wire wheeled them to clean off all the rust, then reassembled them so I don loose any of the bits as you can see I've not painted them yet, but they look a lot cleaner :thumb:

Just got to get that paint I want for these then they can be stored till there ready to be fitted

Thats just over the last few weeks nothing major.... that was until today, went to work on the car with the intention of just stripping the rest of the rear brake pipes off the car which I left on as I just never got round to removing them when stripping the cars underside, anyway removed them ...

....then got the drill out...... and started to drill out the spot welds on the rear pannel that is being replaced with the new one I got the other year, this is as far as I got today as I started working on the car later on in the day, and decided dinner was a good Idea

Going to carry on tomorrow hopefully unless something else crops up, thats it for now cheers :thumb:

[Edited on 18-03-2012 by Todi-Corsa]
Darryl H
Premium Member

18th Mar 12 at 21:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cracking on now James! Good work Is that a Corsa C rear disk set up?

Todi-Corsa

18th Mar 12 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cracking on now James! Good work Is that a Corsa C rear disk set up?

cheers mate the rear discs are astra or cav ones I think got them off evil bay they where a good bargin think I got them for a tenner if I remeber rightly, needed a good clean up thou, was thinking of using the corsa C or meriva rear discs but went for these as it was cheaper
Darryl H
Premium Member

18th Mar 12 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell! Want to find me one of these deals??!!

I'm after a C rear beam at the moment

[Edited on 18-03-2012 by Darryl H]

Todi-Corsa

18th Mar 12 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Bloody hell! Want to find me one of these deals??!!

I'm after a C rear beam at the moment

[Edited on 18-03-2012 by Darryl H]

Hahaha I spend too long on ebay searching for bargins also If I don't get it off ebay I get a good deal at the local scrappy, I'll keep my eye out for a beam from a C if theres any in next time I go there
Darryl H
Premium Member

18th Mar 12 at 21:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate

Todi-Corsa

18th Mar 12 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cheers mate

No probs mate
bally2010
Premium Member

20th Mar 12 at 10:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good pal, miss my corsa in this colour.
Todi-Corsa

20th Mar 12 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bally2010
looks good pal, miss my corsa in this colour.

cheers mate its my favriote colour for the corsa too
davieslim

20th Mar 12 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

always did like this project, i hope you binned that weird rear splitter you were gonna fit before
Todi-Corsa

20th Mar 12 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davieslim
always did like this project, i hope you binned that weird rear splitter you were gonna fit before

cheers thanks haha yea that got nicked from the back of the shed gonna have a big update tonight just having 10 mins break at the mo with a cuppa tea, I think you may like the update later been up since about 7 this morning working on the corsa
davieslim

20th Mar 12 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one, is this the second time its been painted or did you just paint replcement panels on it before?
Christopher

20th Mar 12 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got to do that to mine mate!!

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa GSi...(Long Term Project) 24 database queries in 0.2001538 seconds