corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa GSi...(Long Term Project)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa GSi...(Long Term Project)
jamieSxi

User status: Offline
11th Apr 12 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Todi-Corsa
quote:
Originally posted by jamieSxi
Greatr project mate... Can you still get the rear panel behind the bumper in vuaxhall? as mine is bad aswell

Thanks mate

I belive you can still pal but there not cheap from Vauxhall, I got mine of a company that sells old GM stock, thou they don't have any left it seems

Search for this on ebay >> Corsa rear panel
theres usually a few non GM pattern panels on sale there

Cheers mate, had a wee look there and seems to be only 5 door what do you think they would charge for a back panel? as its needed one way are another
Todi-Corsa

11th Apr 12 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cheers mate, had a wee look there and seems to be only 5 door what do you think they would charge for a back panel? as its needed one way are another

Just checked mine and it was sold as a 5 door version, and it fits perfectly
jamieSxi

13th Apr 12 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers mate. your a great help thanks
Todi-Corsa

1st May 12 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been upto a few things on the car over the last couple of weeks mainly stripping the underseal from the arches to clean them up to be painted and also to check for any further rust patches that may be hiding under it, luckly only found a few tiny surface spots so I'm quite chuffed I've only got rust in the areas I already know about. I was hindered a bit by the weather though so was stopping and starting due to using power tools and also paint but I've mashed the pics together to give an idea of what I've done in the time when the weather has been "workable"

Anyway pics of each arch as they started off

A few pics of Inbetween stripping the underseal, didn't get many due to the rainy weather and the sheer amount of dirt and debris being made I din't want to clog my camera up

And a few Pics with the Paint drying and after assembly back together... got the paint into evey channel in the pannels too which took a bit of effort to wire brush out to paint up

Also got some new seat subframes for the Recliners these are a lot better than the ones I knocked up which have always made the seating position too high

Thats It for now
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

1st May 12 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Coming along nicely James!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Todi-Corsa

1st May 12 at 21:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
Coming along nicely James!

Cheers Daz the angle grinder comes out next on it.... bye bye to the old sills
Todi-Corsa

3rd May 12 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today I decided to reomve the drivers side sill, still need to clean up more of the inner sill as its still got some of the original rotton sill that was under the sill I've removed attatched.. so its not as bad as it appears in some parts of the pics

Anyway will have to clean up more of the inner sill when I get some more belts for the belt file as I ran out

As it looked when I started

with the sill removed

checking the fit of the new sill

Like I've said will need a bit more work to clean up the metal and to get it to sit perfect, but need to get more belts for the belt file.. hopefully the parts for the scooter arrive tomorrow so I can go and get some

Thanks for looking
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

3rd May 12 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work james!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Todi-Corsa

3rd May 12 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
Good work james!

Cheers mate was good excuse to use the new grinder
Todi-Corsa

6th May 12 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today I removed the passanger side sill,

At the start...

With the sill removed...

checking the fit of the new sill

Will need a bit more fettling to sit flush as will the one on the drivers side, would have done that today but the new belts for the belt file where a load of rubbish and kept snapping, that will teach me for buying the cheap belts from the local supplies shop instead of getting the propper ones from the usual place I go.... though not got the replacment scooter parts back yet so couldn't get there (read that as excuse)

After getting fed up of the belts snapping decided to call it a day and I decided to put the other bike back together.

Thats it for now
kyleclub11

6th May 12 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work mate not seen ya thread for abit its getting there know !! whats next to do ?? and when you reckon were all gona see you out and about init ??
Todi-Corsa

6th May 12 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quite a bit to do yet , not putting a date for being on the road but I've got plenty of time at the mo to do things so progress is quicker lately .....well at least when the weather is good

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa GSi...(Long Term Project) 24 database queries in 0.0141320 seconds