corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Apex 60mm suspension kit,any good?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Apex 60mm suspension kit,any good?
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
   20th Apr 03 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will this kit lower my Gsi a true 60mm as ive heard rumours that it doesnt!!
the best price ive found for these is about 215quid,what other kit is their that is as good or better and in similar price range?
also i wanna get some 7.5x16inch alloys at ET45 but untill then will it be ok on standard Gsi alloys n tyres?
PanaceA

21st Apr 03 at 08:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why 7.5"? why not just 7? be a hell of alot easier to fit.
More or less all uprated fast road shocks are simply 20% stiffer than standard ones, have shorter dampers and 30% stiffer springs. So basicly, there all the same apart from some have faults. Often people complain about Spax dampers leaking. Either get the Apex or get some Koni adjustables for another £100, or, I think AVO do a good set of adjustables with a decent sized drop.
No set of springs or dampers lower to exactly what they say, some lower more, some less. Fo example, I have some Pi -45mm springs on my Punto GT and they are extremly low, more than 45mm anyway.
Plymouth_Corsa

21st Apr 03 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh get 7.0x17" alloys, 7.5 wont fit very well, and on some cars, simply wont fit without arch trimming etc.
corsa5dr

21st Apr 03 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apex kits dont lower as much as they say, my 40mm springs lower about 30mm, presume 60mm kits will be the same.
MoNkEy MaGiC

21st Apr 03 at 18:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks for the info guys.
but the reason i want 7.5x16 is coz i reckon that 7x17 will decrease performance n handling more than the 7.5x16? will the decrease be noticable on my Gsi of the two alloy sizes?
the alloys im after are the Miglia"ACTION" in a 7.5x16inch, Do they do it in a 7x16??? if not why not?
PanaceA

21st Apr 03 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its the size of the tyres, not the wheels that determain grip/handling. With either 7 or 7.5 you'll want 205/40/16 or 17, cant remember which size you mentioned
Kris TD

23rd Apr 03 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the rear springs lower bout 30mm, i got rid of em for pi springs, much better.

New Poll