corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League this week

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Champions League this week
Rick Draper

User status: Offline
9th Dec 11 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crikey, Vidic could be out for the season! United could have a real problem on there hands.
Hammer

9th Dec 11 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
Do you believe that city will have a rough patch like all of the other big teams in England?

Yes. In fact had Mancini not handled the Tevez saga with such aplomb they would have already had it.
Ojc

9th Dec 11 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
You are so hung up on united its crazy mate. For an Ipswich fan I just can't get my head around it. It's fine, you hate Fergie, I can understand that. If I wasn't united i'd hate him too. To say Fergie has had zero influence on football in this country is hilarious, really is.

So why, as an Ipswich fan, do you hate united so much? Surely when you were growing up Liverpool were the main team? (I'm taking a guess at your age here, excuse me if i'm wrong)

Complete blind ignorance of the fans, this belief that Fergie is the second coming of Christ, the attitude of United players when they loose (crowding refs) the disgusting use of extra extra time it's just a joke and anything that rattles Fergie is fantastic. He's not a legend, if he had gone abroad and done what he done at United yes possibly but at one club no ta. Just a whiskey drinking arrogant cunt.
DC90

9th Dec 11 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

City are not invincible, no matter what their squad looks like. As Fergie said, if we are in this state come April we will have something to worry about.
Ojc

9th Dec 11 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id say they are invincible
Ben J

9th Dec 11 at 07:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd say theres only 1 invincible team. City will get beaten.

[Edited on 09-12-2011 by Ben J]
Steve
Premium Member

9th Dec 11 at 08:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

city have still yet to prove themselves, all they have so far is a string of decent results and people are having them down as the next barcelona, as bad as mancini.

lets not forget they are out of europe in the first round!

i will remain unconvinced until the end of the season if they are still pulling it off
chrisritch

9th Dec 11 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

lets not forget they are out of europe in the first round!

Nath

9th Dec 11 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
I'd say theres only 1 invincible team. City will get beaten.

Seconded.
Tom

9th Dec 11 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I always find its the fans of lesser teams who find the need to slag United fans off when the team fails.

I've seen us being over shadowed by Liverpool, Leeds and Arsenal over the years (thats pre Premier League for you new glory supporters)

Arsenal's unbeaten season, Chelseas dominance.

The reason United get so much shit is because you all know a team like United should be doing better, a back handed compliment if you will.

I actually found the match last night funny, because of how good Basil's defence was and how we couldn't break them down.

I may have taken bait, but I have seen this happen before and it will no doubt happen again.

Come the end of the season I am sure we will hear the Arsenal fans saying "least we got further than you in the CL". Success!

Stopped reading there, tell's you all you need to know
Tom

9th Dec 11 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
I always find its the fans of lesser teams who find the need to slag United fans off when the team fails.

I've seen us being over shadowed by Liverpool, Leeds and Arsenal over the years (thats pre Premier League for you new glory supporters)

Arsenal's unbeaten season, Chelseas dominance.

The reason United get so much shit is because you all know a team like United should be doing better, a back handed compliment if you will.

I actually found the match last night funny, because of how good Basil's defence was and how we couldn't break them down.

I may have taken bait, but I have seen this happen before and it will no doubt happen again.

Come the end of the season I am sure we will hear the Arsenal fans saying "least we got further than you in the CL". Success!

Of course it will be lesser teams, you've been top of the tree for nearly a decade

Facts are Utd fan are always quick off the mark to rip the piss out of Liverpool for ending up in the Europa and then not even making that and the whole whose who the most league titles. They are always quick to point out to Arsenal fans that they have won nothing for 6 years. And if you had gone through last night and City not you'd have all been in here swinging cocks about how they didnt make it through, so its not at all surprising they give it back when you fail so badly.

You might have to get used to it too, City are going to win the league, if they knock you out the cup, you will win nothing while they could be on course for winning a Domestic Treble. Then you will become one of those "lesser teams" taking pops at them every time they slip up.

You think you are used to being "overshadowed" You cant have been more than a young lad when Liverpool dominated and you can hardly call Arsenal and Chelsea winning the league the odd time dominance. Be interesting to see how Utd fans react to becoming also rans for a good few years, maybe even decades. I'll guarantee one thing though, if they do go through a barron run, you'll be waiting like vultures for the first time City (or whoever else is top) slip up, ready to rip the piss, just like the rest of us.

I love you sometimes Jonny. This is exaclty right, spoilt United fans will soon recede back to their holes when times get a bit tougher than they are used to. I can't wait for Fergie to retire
Marc

9th Dec 11 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Stopped reading there, tell's you all you need to know

Wasn't referring to Liverpool btw!
Marc

9th Dec 11 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe I should have said, certain people need to concentrate on their own teams failings before jumping on the slate United bandwagon.
Nic Barnes

9th Dec 11 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Maybe I should have said, certain people need to concentrate on their own teams failings before jumping on the slate United bandwagon.

and miss the fun? oh how i laughed. lots. still am at this thread. nath and mwg will be man city fans next season.
Ben J

9th Dec 11 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FFS. This is all old news now. Lets look ahead to the Prem games this weekend.

People need to remember football is fickle. Teams/players go from hero to zero and back to hero week in week out.

Move on.

Eck
Premium Member

9th Dec 11 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ollie is worse than Steve. How did that happen?
Mike GSi

9th Dec 11 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With me being the only United fan at work i got ripped to bits with the result of the UCL.

Also thismorning when the Vidic news came on talksport, the arsenal and liverpool fans cheered etc.

I asked why? Then all said becasue hes a cunt, or because they hate him.

The truth is they are happy because he is a threat.

Peoples 'views' on opposing teams players are fucking rediculous. And 9 times out of 10 folk cant even explain why they 'hate' these players.

Van persie is an ace footballer, and seen as a threat to me, I dont go around saying i hate him and that he is a cunt.

Suarez is a cunt imo, not because he is a good footballer, but because of his attitude, diving, cheating, racist ways.

I used to dislike drogba when he was a diving cheating player.

I dont even 'hate' players from Man City. Balotelli is a bit of a knob but again a class footballer.

Edit: In before the Nani haters...... I am fully aware that he goes to ground too easily at times, and believe me nothing frustrates me more because he is a more than capable player.

[Edited on 09-12-2011 by Mike GSi]
Ben J

9th Dec 11 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh agree. I only call players cunts that I actually think are cunts.

I can appreciate and respect a good player at another team. Some people can't it seems.
Mike GSi

9th Dec 11 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

chrisritch

9th Dec 11 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nani is a cunt tbh.

He cried because he had a cut shin
Nath

9th Dec 11 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:

and miss the fun? oh how i laughed. lots. still am at this thread. nath and mwg will be man city fans next season.

Bi-polar barnes, how are you both?
chrisritch

9th Dec 11 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:

Bi-polar barnes, how are you both?

Are you sure you aren't thinking of Schizophrenia?
Ben J

9th Dec 11 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath
Nath

9th Dec 11 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No. Im talking about nic who cries over banter and then does the same thing himself. Very strange behaviour.
Nath

9th Dec 11 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Nath

Oh dear Ben.

<<  10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League this week 23 database queries in 0.1961529 seconds