corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League this week

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Champions League this week
Marc

User status: Offline
8th Dec 11 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ooooh.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Dec 11 at 17:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this

corr
Marc

8th Dec 11 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not Thomas though is it.
Ben J

8th Dec 11 at 17:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think some people need to chill out a bit tbh. Or Sportsday will end up like the rest of this site.
Nath

8th Dec 11 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Especially now Bi-polar Barnes is back.
Marc

8th Dec 11 at 17:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Full of financial advice and answers from people not qualified to do so?
Nath

8th Dec 11 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Portfolios everywhere.
Robbo

8th Dec 11 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people earning £££££s left right and centre!

i was gonna say can we have an intercity 125 - may go hang myself now
Ojc

8th Dec 11 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do not chat shit, I'm willing to fight anyone here.
JonnyJ

8th Dec 11 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I always find its the fans of lesser teams who find the need to slag United fans off when the team fails.

I've seen us being over shadowed by Liverpool, Leeds and Arsenal over the years (thats pre Premier League for you new glory supporters)

Arsenal's unbeaten season, Chelseas dominance.

The reason United get so much shit is because you all know a team like United should be doing better, a back handed compliment if you will.

I actually found the match last night funny, because of how good Basil's defence was and how we couldn't break them down.

I may have taken bait, but I have seen this happen before and it will no doubt happen again.

Come the end of the season I am sure we will hear the Arsenal fans saying "least we got further than you in the CL". Success!

Of course it will be lesser teams, you've been top of the tree for nearly a decade

Facts are Utd fan are always quick off the mark to rip the piss out of Liverpool for ending up in the Europa and then not even making that and the whole whose who the most league titles. They are always quick to point out to Arsenal fans that they have won nothing for 6 years. And if you had gone through last night and City not you'd have all been in here swinging cocks about how they didnt make it through, so its not at all surprising they give it back when you fail so badly.

You might have to get used to it too, City are going to win the league, if they knock you out the cup, you will win nothing while they could be on course for winning a Domestic Treble. Then you will become one of those "lesser teams" taking pops at them every time they slip up.

You think you are used to being "overshadowed" You cant have been more than a young lad when Liverpool dominated and you can hardly call Arsenal and Chelsea winning the league the odd time dominance. Be interesting to see how Utd fans react to becoming also rans for a good few years, maybe even decades. I'll guarantee one thing though, if they do go through a barron run, you'll be waiting like vultures for the first time City (or whoever else is top) slip up, ready to rip the piss, just like the rest of us.
mwg

8th Dec 11 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm hoping that's bait. You can't possibly be seriously suggesting in December that the Premier League is already done and dusted
Russ

8th Dec 11 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry, i heard there was somebody selling racing pigeons in here
Ben J

8th Dec 11 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The league is far from over, but Utd fans do seem a bit touchy. Most seem to dish it out but can't take it. Probably due to not being used to it.
My bother in law is a prime example. Dishes out so much crap to me about Arsenal but gets really defensive and arsey when I give it back.

It's football. You take the rough with the smooth.

[Edited on 08-12-2011 by Ben J]
JonnyJ

8th Dec 11 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I'm hoping that's bait. You can't possibly be seriously suggesting in December that the Premier League is already done and dusted

If you win that league, with that squad, either Fergie needs something more than a knighthood or Manchini wants shot
Jake

8th Dec 11 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will bump my man city thread at this rate
Cavey

8th Dec 11 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's right.

It'll take something catastrophic for City to lose the league now, they've visited the top 4 or 5 iirc, so only have to face them at home now.

They're strength in depth will see them through, they'll put out their B side in the Europa, which will still probably include 10 internationals, so their proper team won't be affected by that.

Utd need a lot of work, and have done all season, they haven't played well this season at all, but have been grinding out results. Chelsea should of won at OT, City obviously destroyed them there.

De Gea isn't up to it... yet.... Ferdinand is past it, Vidic will be out for months now, got to think it was ligament damage on wed? While I think Smalling and Jones will be the future for England, Fergie is still playing both of them out of position.

And you're resting your hopes on Cleverley for any kind of creativity in central midfield, who looks promising, but who knows how he'll come back.

In short, Kevin Davies ruined your season. God praise Kevin Davies

(Quote this if it all goes to pot and Utd win something this year!)
Steve
Premium Member

8th Dec 11 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends, united started well strong, with the squad they have now, cracking in loads of goals. then went off the boil

same could happen to city, not saying it will but its possible
Steve
Premium Member

8th Dec 11 at 19:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Utd need a lot of work, and have done all season, they haven't played well this season at all,

did you miss the start of the season lol?
Robbo

8th Dec 11 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
He's right.

It'll take something catastrophic for City to lose the league now, they've visited the top 4 or 5 iirc, so only have to face them at home now.

Been to Spuds, spanked em
Been to Utd, spanked em
Been to Liverpool, got a point
Go to Chelsea this sunday, expect a win
Host us next Sunday, expect a win

to only have to come to us (late in the season) and be as far ahead as they most likely will be before xmas, they are shoe ins imo, injuries, ACN, CL (lol), FA/CC wont take a toll on them as they literally have 2 strong as fuck teams
Cavey

8th Dec 11 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Utd need a lot of work, and have done all season, they haven't played well this season at all,

Against arsenals youth and C side?, a Spurs team that always rolls over and teams you should always beat?

(fair enough, they started well enough)
Steve
Premium Member

8th Dec 11 at 19:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whatwever you want to call it, we arent playing like that now

far too many players out of form

Park is shocking, valencia seems to have lost all confidence going forward etc etc
p

8th Dec 11 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
He's right.

Been to Spuds, spanked em
Been to Utd, spanked em
Been to Liverpool, got a point
Go to Chelsea this sunday, expect a win
Host us next Sunday, expect a win

to only have to come to us (late in the season) and be as far ahead as they most likely will be before xmas, they are shoe ins imo, injuries, ACN, CL (lol), FA/CC wont take a toll on them as they literally have 2 strong as fuck teams

Monday*
Robbo

8th Dec 11 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Against arsenals youth and C side?, a Spurs team that always rolls over and teams you should always beat?
was gonna say, they beat our team with a lot of youngsters and zero confidence and did well against spuds at hoem but iirc that scoreline was flattering for them
Steve
Premium Member

8th Dec 11 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As long as united retain top 4 il be happy.
Cavey

8th Dec 11 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:
quote:
quote:

was gonna say, they beat our team with a lot of youngsters and zero confidence and did well against spuds at hoem but iirc that scoreline was flattering for them

I had to log on to manutd.com to remember the results. Feel quite dirty now, might have to delete my internet history

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13    14  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League this week 23 database queries in 0.1960120 seconds