corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League this week

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Champions League this week
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
8th Dec 11 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If Utd didnt have Fergie i reckon this squad would be struggling to be 3rd. Its weak in so many key areas.

Keeper - Neither are top class, both have potential but they are not there yet.

Defence - Knackered. Rio is a 1000 years old and suspect, he needs to play alongside Vidic to look decent and he's now out for god knows how long. Then you have Smalling and Jones, file under the keeping situation, potential, not there yet though, Jones is decent though but he cant do it all himself. Evra is the only World Class defender they have atm.

Midfield - Havent replaced Scholes, they've had years to do it and still havent managed. A midfield that consists of players like Fletcher, Anderson, Park, Valencia, Carrick etc doesnt exactly strike fear into teams like Man City who have David Silva, Nasri, Toure etc. They've even resorted to playing Rooney in there, taking away their key attacking threat. Nani hasnt produced much for a while, he's good though on his day.

Attack - Decent, but nowhere near as potent as City's Rooney is obviously class on his day and offers a lot. Hernandez is just a poacher, nothing more.

The only thing keeping them up there is Fergie, he is the one thing they have that City dont but i dont think its going to be enough.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Dec 11 at 19:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probs agree with all of that

have to say that i think nani out of anyone in the team is impressing lately
p

8th Dec 11 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
If Utd didnt have Fergie i reckon this squad would be struggling to be 3rd. Its weak in so many key areas.

Keeper - Neither are top class, both have potential but they are not there yet.

Defence - Knackered. Rio is a 1000 years old and suspect, he needs to play alongside Vidic to look decent and he's now out for god knows how long. Then you have Smalling and Jones, file under the keeping situation, potential, not there yet though, Jones is decent though but he cant do it all himself. Evra is the only World Class defender they have atm.

Midfield - Havent replaced Scholes, they've had years to do it and still havent managed. A midfield that consists of players like Fletcher, Anderson, Park, Valencia, Carrick etc doesnt exactly strike fear into teams like Man City who have David Silva, Nasri, Toure etc. They've even resorted to playing Rooney in there, taking away their key attacking threat. Nani hasnt produced much for a while, he's good though on his day.

Attack - Decent, but nowhere near as potent as City's Rooney is obviously class on his day and offers a lot. Hernandez is just a poacher, nothing more.

The only thing keeping them up there is Fergie, he is the one thing they have that City dont but i dont think its going to be enough.

*Fergie time, referees, etc
mwg

8th Dec 11 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 central midfielders, 1 creative, 1 hard tackling defensive and another defender cos I agree Rio is past it! Clear out a few like Rio, Gibson etc. Happy with the rest.

TBH I think everyone is over reacting, people on here jump the gun. All it takes is for us to string a run of wins together and everyone will change their tune and be saying oooh aren't United going well atm, they'll win the league Same as Chelsea last year, everyone thought they'd won the league by October Don't know why I'm surprised, it's the same every year
JonnyJ

8th Dec 11 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a lot of fucking big signings then? In todays market, especially in January, if you want world class players you're looking at what? £60m?

Squad is not strong enough to beat City this season, you're asking for a whole new spine of a team, no team wins the league without having a strong spine. They have dropped FOUR points this season and they've played all the "big teams" bar Chelsea, away. They've even had those tough games like going behind at QPR and winning.

I never seen a team start so dominantly. They are averaging 3 goals a game

[Edited on 08-12-2011 by JonnyJ]
Robbo

8th Dec 11 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Thats a lot of fucking big signings then? In todays market, especially in January, if you want world class players you're looking at what? £60m?

Squad is not strong enough to beat City this season, you're asking for a whole new spine of a team, no team wins the league without having a strong spine. They have dropped FOUR points this season and they've played all the "big teams" bar Chelsea, away. They've even had those tough games like going behind at QPR and winning.

fuck you jonnyj, fuck you to high heaven
mwg

8th Dec 11 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is but United have the money to do so, despite what people might say or think. I don't expect them to buy in January though.

Seen as you are in a predictive mood can you u2u me the lottery numbers for Saturday night please?
JonnyJ

8th Dec 11 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
It is but United have the money to do so, despite what people might say or think. I don't expect them to buy in January though.

Seen as you are in a predictive mood can you u2u me the lottery numbers for Saturday night please?

Lottery numbers are random and follow no form. Its clear to everyone that United are weak right now.

Maybe weak is harsh, they are still up there and doing well, but they are weaker than City. If you dont fix the problems you have in January, how are you going to compete with a team like City who have a whole reserve of world class players to call upon if needed?

If you had to stake £1000 of your own money on one team winning the league now, would you genuinely put it on United?
JonnyJ

8th Dec 11 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:

fuck you jonnyj, fuck you to high heaven

:trollface:
mwg

8th Dec 11 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldn't put money on anyone winning the league, not even United at the start of the season when they were flying high. Season is too long to predict what will or won't happen, hence I never make a prediction in the prediction thread which doesn't even involve money!
Nic Barnes

8th Dec 11 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
I wouldn't put money on anyone winning the league, not even United at the start of the season when they were flying high. Season is too long to predict what will or won't happen, hence I never make a prediction in the prediction thread which doesn't even involve money!

holding back the tears still m8
JonnyJ

8th Dec 11 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg

Scared of being brought up on it later in the season IMO.

Get off the fucking fence man.

JonnyJ

8th Dec 11 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From the silence im going to take from that you think City will win the league too, you just dont want to say it.

Will U2U Ian and get him to add yours thoughts into the prediction thread.
Ben J

8th Dec 11 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hang on, are United in crisis now? First it was us, now Utd!

And you call me kneejerk!
Nath

8th Dec 11 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J

Both going to go down, Spurs will win the League, and Bale will go to Barca for £100m.
Ben G

8th Dec 11 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and west ham united will get promoted and decimate all.
JonnyJ

8th Dec 11 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Who used the word crisis?
chrisritch

8th Dec 11 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jonny's replies in here are full of win
Ben J

8th Dec 11 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

No-one directly.
Nath

8th Dec 11 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
Jonny's replies in here are full of win

Ouch, unlucky JJ.
JonnyJ

8th Dec 11 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

No-one directly.

If they want to believe not winning the league is a crisis they can but it would be a bit hyperbole! I wouldn't class it a crisis, just saying their team is weak in fundamental areas and they are going to struggle to challenge city, a team whose only weakness is defensively and that's not going to prove an issue if they continue to bang in 3 a game.
DC90

8th Dec 11 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you believe that city will have a rough patch like all of the other big teams in England?
Ojc

8th Dec 11 at 23:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No.

It's funny really because since day 1 of the Premier League Man Utd have dominated (Blackburn/Arsenal/Chelsea) aside and their fans are squirming now and it's fantastic for me who has had to listen as a kid growing up and watching my team mates/school friends all switch alliances from Liverpool to Man Utd and tell me how shit Ipswich are (they are) but now it's all starting to fall apart for them and to their number 1 rivals.

Fergie is also a referee manipulating cunt and it's time he disappeared, he hasn't revolutionised football in this country he has had zero influence, managers like Wenger & Mourinho have influenced it far more.

Should never have been knighted that was an absolute disgrace. I would love nothing more for in their last season to finish outside 4th and then disappear
DC90

8th Dec 11 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You are so hung up on united its crazy mate. For an Ipswich fan I just can't get my head around it. It's fine, you hate Fergie, I can understand that. If I wasn't united i'd hate him too. To say Fergie has had zero influence on football in this country is hilarious, really is.

So why, as an Ipswich fan, do you hate united so much? Surely when you were growing up Liverpool were the main team? (I'm taking a guess at your age here, excuse me if i'm wrong)
kennySRi

8th Dec 11 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You guys are taking this united dip of form way too seriously. Ye our squad isnt as good as citys (not surprising with the money they have and have spent!), but it's not as if we arnt going to win anything ever again. We will be competing for the league until the last day and if we don't win we will come a close 2nd.

If we win nothing this season then so what, we will strenghten the squad and try for trophies for the next year and so on. We've had a few bad years whilst chelsea were winning the league and we came back, if this dip of form continues and we become awful then we will come back again.

<<  9    10    11    12    13    14    15  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Champions League this week 23 database queries in 0.1918740 seconds