corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » E46 M3

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author E46 M3
corsav6_mut

User status: Offline
5th Dec 11 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by big eck
All these big engined cars are the same when it comes to power figures I think mate. The RS4 for example makes o where near the quoted 414bhp as 380bhp is about the norm. Wouldn't put me off owning one tho

Ye my mates made 377 recently he was gutted.

Loving the M3 all the little touches like the exhaust surround really make the car
flybikeslee

5th Dec 11 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so jealous! love it
Graham88

5th Dec 11 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks lads

Had a look at the air filter to see what it was like and wasn't good

So ordered a new one. Will clean this one up anyway and keep it as a spare.

Cheap mod for the M3's are to get a better cold air feed as the standard one doesn't go direct into the airbox. It's basically a whole cut into the top of the brake duct but there is nothing to direct it upwards. So a trip to Homebase to get one of these:

It's supposed to be the right fit so it slots right in. Proper pikey mod but if it works then fuck it
big eck

5th Dec 11 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
All these big engined cars are the same when it comes to power figures I think mate. The RS4 for example makes o where near the quoted 414bhp as 380bhp is about the norm. Wouldn't put me off owning one tho

Same Have you seen how cheap the RS4's are getting

I have
big eck

5th Dec 11 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you seen this thread on ed38 of the imola red M3. Pretty impressive.

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=406524&pid=3918396&st=0&#entry3918396

[Edited on 05-12-2011 by big eck]
Jambo

5th Dec 11 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That guys on Cutters.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

5th Dec 11 at 19:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

carl did the engine and sounds in the 4 spoke golf mk2

looks damn good though

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
broster
Premium Member

5th Dec 11 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you ever hear of vans timing being out on these engines? i know it is sometimes an issue with the e39, and i believe they run a similar set up?
Rich H

5th Dec 11 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love this car

If you are ever heading down to Nickson Motorsport, please let me know I'm only 15 mins down the road from there so would like to come and be nosey at your car
Graham88

6th Dec 11 at 04:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Have you seen this thread on ed38 of the imola red M3. Pretty impressive.

http://www.edition38.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=406524&pid=3918396&st=0&#entry3918396

Love it. It's so clean that detailing made the world of difference! I'm glad I've got to see someone who's put the black kidney/side grills with dark indicators on, I really like it, just don't know if it would suit mine. It still suits even with his new wheels on so maybe it would.
quote:
Originally posted by broster
do you ever hear of vans timing being out on these engines? i know it is sometimes an issue with the e39, and i believe they run a similar set up?

Vanos you mean? Vanos is a problem on all M3's isn't it
quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Love this car

If you are ever heading down to Nickson Motorsport, please let me know I'm only 15 mins down the road from there so would like to come and be nosey at your car

Thanks mate

Of course, I should be giving them a ring soon so I can get a rough price on the cage I want, so when it goes down I'll give you the heads up
Tomnova16
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you've got me looking at cat d M3's in need of a repaint

Graham88

6th Dec 11 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do it. There was a nice one resprayed in Alpine White with Anthracite BBS CH's and it looked the bollocks
Tomnova16
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was that sinth's one, if it was it wasnt a cat d

Jambo

6th Dec 11 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get me one too pls Tom
Graham88

6th Dec 11 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that's the one. I didn't mean it was a Cat D I just mean it was resprayed, and it looks the bollocks
Tomnova16
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i was going to do that respray but was too expensive
jambo
sell the e36, dont get a corsa let and buy one yourself

broster
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 19:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by broster

Vanos you mean? Vanos is a problem on all M3's isn't it

yeah vanos, not sure why my iphone thought it knew better there!

its a bit of an internet hype about is costing £1000's but if the actual timing is out then it can cause lack of power
Graham88

6th Dec 11 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no idea about these engines tbh I wouldn't know where to start checking that :-( need to find a workshop manual or something
Graham88

19th Dec 11 at 01:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not much to update here tbh what with Xmas coming up. Asked for a few bits for Xmas though so we'll see what happens there

I bought a new ITG filter as the old one was minging and put my cold air feed in. Didn't notice any difference to be honest.

Noticed a bit of a diff leak coming from the diff. So I rang Dale as he works for BMW for advice. Sound lad and doesn't mind helping people I'll be replacing all 3 seals even though it's only leaking from 1, might aswell do it all at once and all that. Annoying considering I've only just bought it but it's one of those things, 2nd hand car after all and 7 years old!

Then I got a puncture in my front tyre, spent days trying to figure out how to reset the tyre pressure indicator, probably should have actually tried to see if there was a fault, like the big screw sticking out of the tyre! Luckily it could be repaired

Want to get the brakes done in red with white writing. I know someone who can powdercoat them fairly cheap just trying to find out a price on rebuild kits, but can't do that as I can't find out part numbers for my calipers, dohhh

Bought some Depo front indicators, my mate darkened the front of his M3 and I think it looks the nuts, but his is a black M3 so I wasn't sure if it would suit. But I don't know if I like the clear indicators so I thought I'd give them a go.

Before:

After:

I'm still a bit unsure but I think it's because the headlight lenses are quite chipped and starting to go cloudy so you can just tell the indicator lenses are newer. You can buy new headlight lenses for £50 apparently so I might do that and possibly consider a very light Lamin-X tint. We shall see.
Oh & ignore the fog light, that's another story, bought one on eBay a month ago and having agro with crap sellers

Also ordered this:

To replace this:

Nokia 6210 phone holder It's also the way you connect the phone to bluetooth, but as my phone is already synced I don't need it anymore. Would rather cup holders, my Mazda had 6, the BMW has none

And the bit I can't wait for!

It's being made by Nickson Motorsport who did my mates cage in his Astra VXR. I was speaking to them last week and found an image on google and edited out the bits I didn't want. I basically wanted a cage with the minimal amount needed plus a diagonal section (cause they look cool lol) plus the harness bar. So they will weld the plates to the chassis and then make it bolt in, as I want it removable to get it painted/powdercoated and tbh don't fancy welding it in just incase I need to remove it for whatever reason. I've been assured it will still be safe so that's good enough for me!
Just undecided on colour now. Was thinking powdercoated white as I like the red/white contrast especially with the calipers done in that theme. But also I think cages in body colour look cool but it would need painted to get an exact match. Got plenty of time to decide anyway.

[Edited on 27-12-2011 by Graham88]

[Edited on 27-12-2011 by Graham88]
Ojc

19th Dec 11 at 03:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Body colour mate fo sho
xa0s
Banned

19th Dec 11 at 03:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The darker indicators look good and I think with nice new lenses and 'subtle tint' Lamin-X it'd be a perfect match for sure. Do the fogs at the same time

Your Xenon's look really yellow too, have you considered changing the bulbs to something like 5000k?

Black grills would also go well I think, would suit the dark front end

I'd say a black cage too, it'd look soo hard
Graham88

19th Dec 11 at 04:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What tint are Johns do you know? His are really dark but they suit as its a dark car.

How can you tell they are yellow? Or do you mean when I've been behind you? Can't say I've noticed it to be honest. What will the standard temperature be?

Black grills are also on the agenda along with BMW badge
Graham88

19th Dec 11 at 04:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just looked at pics on first page the headlights look pretty white to me lol
xa0s
Banned

19th Dec 11 at 04:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What tint are Johns do you know? His are really dark but they suit as its a dark car.

How can you tell they are yellow? Or do you mean when I've been behind you? Can't say I've noticed it to be honest. What will the standard temperature be?

Black grills are also on the agenda along with BMW badge

his are gun metal tint, too dark imo

even with subtle tint, you notice less light with the lights on, when i removed mine i couldn't believe how bright they were

standard temp is 4300k but i think buying bulbs from hids direct or something will be less yellow even if you go for 4300k again, but i went for 5000k and i'm sooo happy with it, it's got a slight tint of blue but its pretty much crystal white. i also got some 100w '6000k' high beam bulbs from ebay, they're illegal on the road but they're so bright and make country lane driving so nice. the high beam bulb and the 5000k xenon's are identical in colour, with both beams on you can't see where the low beam stops and the high beam starts

edit: it might have been the high beam that i saw was yellow, i remember seeing something that was proper yellow and thought that needs to be changed

[Edited on 19-12-2011 by xa0s]
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

19th Dec 11 at 07:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CAGEEE YEAHH

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » E46 M3 24 database queries in 0.2085459 seconds