corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Luis Suarez

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Luis Suarez
Marc

User status: Offline
6th Dec 11 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How can Kenny defend him for giving the finger? Surely he has to take any punishment on the chin.
Nath

7th Dec 11 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cultural differences again IMO.
Tom

7th Dec 11 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Riise's got it bang on:

"It does not matter if it is diving or not, but if we feel that a foul is not a free-kick then we will tell him," said John-Arne Riise, the former Liverpool defender, now with Fulham. "He is a really good player. He just has to play his game. He is lively, it is hard to know where you have him because of his movement and because he always gets his body in the way.

"Yes, he gets frustrated [with physical challenges], but that shows his character. We have to get in hard on him and get on top of him, because if we try to be nice to him he will kill the game off, so you have to be tough. But while he gets frustrated – you could see that three or four times during the game – it goes away quickly, because he is a professional."

He's basically just admitted that the only way to stop Suarez is to kick the living shit out of him.
Eck
Premium Member

7th Dec 11 at 14:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Messi gets booted 16 ways from Sunday but he stays on his feet as much as possible?
Nath

7th Dec 11 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still doesnt explain the stupid shit he does like diving and flipping the bird to the crowd. Unless he's like Eduardo post-legbreak and dives to 'avoid getting injured again'
Dr Pepper

7th Dec 11 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath

7th Dec 11 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Marc

7th Dec 11 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dr Pepper

7th Dec 11 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would honestly rather go for a drink with John Venebles rather than Suarez...because I think John would have less skeletons in his cupboard

There is no defending him - he has one of the worst attitudes to the game I have ever seen. I wouldn't be at all surprised if he is off at the end of the year claiming the old "I'm being hounded out" line. I get the impression that he was expecting a better side around him than he has actually ended up with. He would have done if Kenny hadn't of gone out and bought one of the most expensive benches in world football

[Edited on 07-12-2011 by Dr Pepper]
mwg

7th Dec 11 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been charged for sticking his finger up. & Liverpool charged with failing to control players when Spearing was sent off lolz
chrisritch

7th Dec 11 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Been charged for sticking his finger up. & Liverpool charged with failing to control players when Spearing was sent off lolz

First bit fair enough but people get sent off week in week out!
chrisritch

7th Dec 11 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dr Pepper

So the players name is clearly spelt out for you in the thread title and you still manage to fuck it up?
chrisritch

7th Dec 11 at 19:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And also I see these two got away with it

And LFC being charged for not controlling the players?

Didnt see Man Utd get charged for this:

Nice consistent work from the FA as usual.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Dec 11 at 19:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do u like man utd?
Dave

7th Dec 11 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll never understand the outrage with stuff like this. It's okay for the fans to yell abuse for 90 mins, give as many gestures as they like and call players whatever name takes their fancy (as long as it's not racist) but a player flicks a finger and suddenly he's up before the disciplinary? How does that seem fair?

I'm not defending Suarez, it wasn't very professional of him, I just don't see why it's caused such a shit storm.

Also, massive at comparing a footballer who stuck a finger up to someone who tortured and murdered a toddler.
mwg

7th Dec 11 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why do Liverpool fans ALWAYS bring Man United in to things obsessed?
Cavey

7th Dec 11 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In fairness, Fergie was allowed to say that linesman should never get a game again, Utd players chased a referee all over the place and got away with it.

Where as Liverpool got charged for hounding a ref, so i'd say it's a fair comparison for once.

And footballers aren't allowed to swear at the crowd, yes they do take a lot of abuse, but they also get paid an extortionate amount of money to put up with that abuse.

I'd let someone follow me around calling me a cunt every minute of the day for £100k a week
chrisritch

7th Dec 11 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Why do Liverpool fans ALWAYS bring Man United in to things obsessed?

Because for some reason the FA seems to think the sun shines out of that whisky soaked cunts arse and therefore you can do no wrong
Russ

7th Dec 11 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the one they fine more than anybody else? get real
Dr Pepper

7th Dec 11 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CorsaDave
I'll never understand the outrage with stuff like this. It's okay for the fans to yell abuse for 90 mins, give as many gestures as they like and call players whatever name takes their fancy (as long as it's not racist) but a player flicks a finger and suddenly he's up before the disciplinary? How does that seem fair?

I'm not defending Suarez, it wasn't very professional of him, I just don't see why it's caused such a shit storm.

Also, massive at comparing a footballer who stuck a finger up to someone who tortured and murdered a toddler.

I couldnt care less about the swearing...although sponsors will - in any multimillion pound industries, swearing at your customers never goes down that well.

Its his consistent cheating, talking to the ref, play acting and horrible rat like face that I dont like.

Comparing John Venables to Suarez is actually pretty accurate .... Both have been accused of abuse, both committed their crimes in Liverpool, neither of them will admit they are guilty ...and both of them set a very bad example to kids.(and that is of course a joke from Clarksons "Big Book of Offensive Jokes")

chrisritch

7th Dec 11 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I couldnt care less about the swearing...although sponsors will - in any multimillion pound industries, swearing at your customers never goes down that well.

Its his consistent cheating, talking to the ref, play acting and horrible rat like face that I dont like.

Comparing John Venables to Suarez is actually pretty accurate .... Both have been accused of abuse, both committed their crimes in Liverpool, neither of them will admit they are guilty ...and both of them set a very bad example to kids.(and that is of course a joke from Clarksons "Big Book of Offensive Jokes")

Im willing to bet there are a few people out there that think you have a horrible rat face tbh
Dave

7th Dec 11 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I absolutely guarantee Luis Suarez will not lose any sponsors because he stuck a finger up. Also I don't think Fulham fans are his customers.

If the racism charge is proven that's a different story, but seeing as its one known troublemakers word against another known troublemaker I don't see that going very far either.
Dr Pepper

7th Dec 11 at 20:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I absolutely guarantee Luis Suarez will not lose any sponsors because he stuck a finger up. Also I don't think Fulham fans are his customers.

If the racism charge is proven that's a different story, but seeing as its one known troublemakers word against another known troublemaker I don't see that going very far either.

I didnt say Suarez will lose sponsorship...the reason the league will come down hard on this sort of thing is that the league could lose money.

Commercial sponsors will only want to be attached to a product if it is non offensive to their own customers. Thats why racism and hooliganism, bad fouls and bad stadia have been all but wiped out of the premier league.

If you are a big company with your name on the advertising boards - you dont want suarez sticking his fingers up to your customers ..... and the league will make a stand on that kind of thing.

Personally I like interaction between players and opposing fans - its one of the best bits of going to live football .... I dont like his cheating or attitude to the game
Dr Pepper

7th Dec 11 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
quote:

Im willing to bet there are a few people out there that think you have a horrible rat face tbh

I have a fat head .... more like rooney but without the hair transplant.

Got a better attitude when im playing sports than the joke of a man you have as your avatar though ... Liverpool fans should be ashamed of him ..he might then actually buck up his ideas and start becoming the player for you that he should be.

If he is guilty of this and the racism charge then your looking at being without the mug for 10 games.
Marc

7th Dec 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Got a better attitude when im playing sports than the joke of a man you have as your avatar though ... Liverpool fans should be ashamed of him ..he might then actually buck up his ideas and start becoming the player for you that he should be.

If he is guilty of this and the racism charge then your looking at being without the mug for 10 games.

lol

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Luis Suarez 23 database queries in 0.1080482 seconds