corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Luis Suarez

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Luis Suarez
mwg

User status: Offline
21st Nov 11 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Typical scouse response TBH
Jamxe

21st Nov 11 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think the FA have any evidence on Suarez except for his statement. I think if he denied any wrong doing then it would be his word against Evra’s but because he admitted to calling him a “Negrito” then a case can be made to say he knew what he was doing etc, trying to wind up the opponent. I think John Barnes made the best comment recently by saying you can be a racist and not show it and not be a racist and look like one. If Suarez was a racist he would be hiding the fact he did anything but because he feels he did nothing wrong he tried to clear his name thus implicating himself further..
Don’t be surprised if Terry gets away with it either. Not because he’s JT & English but because it’s not a court room and they are less likely to slam a “Racist” stamp on someone’s name without any hard evidence. If Terry maintains that he said “Blind” and not “Black” then it will be hard for them to charge him. It’s probably the route Suarez should have taken and it would have spared us all this saga..
Tom

21st Nov 11 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He didn't admit calling him a negrito as far as i'm aware all he said was that he called him the same as what his team mates call him, and everyone has just speculated on negrito being the offending word (including me). I don't know what's going to happen, if he's proven to be not guilty then his reputation is still tarnished whilst nothing will happen to Evra, it's all a bit backwards imo.
Russ

21st Nov 11 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jamxe
I don't think the FA have any evidence on Suarez except for his statement. I think if he denied any wrong doing then it would be his word against Evra’s but because he admitted to calling him a “Negrito” then a case can be made to say he knew what he was doing etc, trying to wind up the opponent. I think John Barnes made the best comment recently by saying you can be a racist and not show it and not be a racist and look like one. If Suarez was a racist he would be hiding the fact he did anything but because he feels he did nothing wrong he tried to clear his name thus implicating himself further..
Don’t be surprised if Terry gets away with it either. Not because he’s JT & English but because it’s not a court room and they are less likely to slam a “Racist” stamp on someone’s name without any hard evidence. If Terry maintains that he said “Blind” and not “Black” then it will be hard for them to charge him. It’s probably the route Suarez should have taken and it would have spared us all this saga..

if you are talking about the piece John Barnes wrote in the Telegraph then i must insist you stop smoking crack. Never in my life have i read such a load of bollocks. At one point he stopped milimetres short of saying black people can't be racist.
Jamxe

21st Nov 11 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
He didn't admit calling him a negrito as far as i'm aware all he said was that he called him the same as what his team mates call him, and everyone has just speculated on negrito being the offending word (including me). I don't know what's going to happen, if he's proven to be not guilty then his reputation is still tarnished whilst nothing will happen to Evra, it's all a bit backwards imo.

Yes it will probably never be released to the public what was said but the speculation is probably correct.. It’s hard to know who’s right or wrong, Is Suarez wrong for using the term from his home country, possibly knowing how it could be viewed in Europe? At the end of the day there are parts of the world where you can openly say certain words/phrases but they can mean something different in other places so individuals need to have common sense.. The other side is Evra wrong for not highlighting it at the time with the Ref or going through the right channels after the game instead of a French tv station?
I don’t think Suarez is a racist, One of his best friends when at Ajax was a black man and he has no problem celebrating with Liverpool’s other black players.. What he is though it a severe windup merchant.. Even yesterday versus Chelsea he pushed Luiz over the sideline in the first half, then held his jersey to stop him falling into the crowd. Luiz reacted and Suarez put his hands out to appear to apoligise/tell him calm down, then he moved his hand from Luiz’s shoulder onto Luiz’s throat and Luiz reacted again to which Suarez stood with his hand up to the ref as if to say “what’s his problem”.. He’s a brilliant footballer but he needs to channel his energy into putting the ball in the net…
Jamxe

21st Nov 11 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ

if you are talking about the piece John Barnes wrote in the Telegraph then i must insist you stop smoking crack. Never in my life have i read such a load of bollocks. At one point he stopped milimetres short of saying black people can't be racist.

I didn’t say his article was a fantastic read, I just used a line from it which I think is a fair comment.. Do you think if Suarez knew the term he used could be construed as racist then he would walk in and tell the FA..
mwg

21st Nov 11 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Paul J
Russ

21st Nov 11 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I didn’t say his article was a fantastic read, I just used a line from it which I think is a fair comment.. Do you think if Suarez knew the term he used could be construed as racist then he would walk in and tell the FA..
I don't have an opinion on if he is racist or not. I have never met him. Ill wait for the guardian to report it and believe them.
Jamxe

21st Nov 11 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

I don't have an opinion on if he is racist or not. I have never met him. Ill wait for the guardian to report it and believe them.

p

6th Dec 11 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He dives, cheats, gives out racism, and now http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpwpQgDpBwo to the Fulham fans.
Ojc

6th Dec 11 at 06:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's not a middle finger
mwg

6th Dec 11 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
That's not a middle finger

What? Are you blind?
Steve
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ollies annoyed because he got beat 4-0
mwg

6th Dec 11 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brb just doing a print screen
Steve
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15831916.stm
mwg

6th Dec 11 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 08:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cultural differences, in Uruguay that means hi
mwg

6th Dec 11 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

6th Dec 11 at 08:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Racist donkey faced fucker!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
chrisritch

6th Dec 11 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'Mazin footballer though.
mwg

6th Dec 11 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need him if you are going to beat Man City. With this and the racist abuse bans coming up he is going to be out for a while
chrisritch

6th Dec 11 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
You need him if you are going to beat Man City. With this and the racist abuse bans coming up he is going to be out for a while

I think he is quality and holding us up at the moment but some of the things he does are daft. Every time he reacts to a non given 'foul' or an offside I think hes going to be sent off
Jamie Walby

6th Dec 11 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Daniel_Corsa
Racist donkey faced fucker!

Don't put yourself down little buddy.
Jamxe

6th Dec 11 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think he's doing abit of a hero to zero atm
Tom

6th Dec 11 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hero to zero FPMSL.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Luis Suarez 24 database queries in 0.0177200 seconds