corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » will man citys success be long term

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author will man citys success be long term
Jake

User status: Offline
27th Oct 11 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the only thing that comes to mind is what goes up must come down. they've got a lot of decent players but i cant help but think that either the team or the manager will crack eventually. i dont think mancini is that good a manager, although i think they have a squad of players that respect eachothers qualities which is the only reason they are playing so well
Russ

27th Oct 11 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dunno
JonnyJ

27th Oct 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you mean by long term? As in this season, or after the sheik calls it quits?

This season they could easily win the premier league. They have the players, they have the depth and Manchini seems to have got to grips with how to play in the PL, he should take a lot of credit for how hes handling the squad and how hes got them playing.

You cant just bang quality players together and they instantly play great stuff without the input of a manager drilling it into the players how he wants them to play on the training ground.
Jake

27th Oct 11 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry mate i should have said, i was looking for opinions not mindless nonsense
Jake

27th Oct 11 at 17:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
What do you mean by long term? .

say for example over a couple of seasons. i agree the manager plays a big part but i think the players are making him look 10x better than he is
mwg

27th Oct 11 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Once this fair play thing starts to take hold they won't be able to splash as much about. All depends how quickly they can expand their fan base to increase revenue.

And once they realise they need more than money to compete with Barcelona then Mancini will be gone... They have the squad at the moment to be there or thereabouts but its whether they end up doing like Chelsea and let it become an old squad that needs a sudden injection of money to liven it up in a few years time or if they keep buying 1 or 2 players every season instead so its continually evolving.
JonnyJ

27th Oct 11 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They will win the premier league at least once in the next couple of seasons IMO.

Long term, they have massive plans for the development around Eastlands. If its all done right there is no reason why they couldnt become sustainable even without the oil mans backing.

[Edited on 27-10-2011 by JonnyJ]
Hammer

27th Oct 11 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Impossible to tell.

A lot will revolve around how many glory hunters they attract.

[Edited on 27-10-2011 by Hammer]
Cavey

27th Oct 11 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ what he said. (the english one)

They're putting a lot in place to bring through the kids. The training facilities will be second to none, no reason why they can't sustain it with the right coaching etc...

[Edited on 27-10-2011 by Cavey]
Russ

27th Oct 11 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake
then ask the question in a better structured and more precise way and reason your own opinions?

Long term, what? 5 years, yes, 100 years, no.
mwg

27th Oct 11 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That will be the difference between Chelsea and Man City. City actually have a long term plan. Chelsea just got a sugar daddy but haven't done enough to increase revenue. And they won a few competitions but still not managed to dislodge United as the top dogs.

I obviously hope this will have the same outcome
Russ

27th Oct 11 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, they are concentrating on youth MASSIVELY. The money they have spent is nothing for what they will earn back if they start fostering the best youth talent from all over the globe
Ben J

27th Oct 11 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't care tbh. They fall into the group of clubs who have bought success (or potential success) along with Chavski.

They both can fuck off.
Jake

27th Oct 11 at 17:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
then ask the question in a better structured and more precise way and reason your own opinions?

everyone else in here managed to come up with something better than dunno
Jake

27th Oct 11 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
Don't care tbh. They fall into the group of clubs who have bought success (or potential success) along with Chavski.

They both can fuck off.

i was hoping everyone would say the sheek would be away on his toes after a couple of seasons and they will go back to bottom half of the table
Russ

27th Oct 11 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

fair point.

however, in your first post, you could say the same thing about any team who is doing well and replace the word "mancini" with any other managers name. Mancini has won a few high profile things with a few jobs, infact, he's won at least 1 thing in every job he has had as a manager, i think that makes him a pretty decent manager. I'd start a little closer to WHL if you are looking for poor managers.
Russ

27th Oct 11 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

besides, he'd like what 45? still a lot to learn. i think fair play to city, there is no other way to compete without spending big, every fan would love to bring in either 15 youh players at once who are world beaters, or 1 multi billionaire who is happy to buy the world beaters off others
Tommy L

27th Oct 11 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think mancini is a better manager than people give him credit for. It could of gone all wrong for city after the Tevez saga but they came out better than they went in imo.

City will be around for a while.
Russ

also, chelseas plan was > buy players > get big > win things

city's plan is > buy players > develop youth > be susatinable
JonnyJ

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
Impossible to tell.

A lot will revolve around how many glory hunters they attract.

[Edited on 27-10-2011 by Hammer]

Not really because glory hunters will fuck off as soon as the going turns rough, so that will not provide long term success. If they develop the club however, make it a massive name, have amazing youth development centres, the success will continue naturally without the massive funding needed.

Then all it needs is to be managed properly, like Man Utd are with Ferguson.
Jake

27th Oct 11 at 17:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

fair point.

however, in your first post, you could say the same thing about any team who is doing well and replace the word "mancini" with any other managers name. Mancini has won a few high profile things with a few jobs, infact, he's won at least 1 thing in every job he has had as a manager, i think that makes him a pretty decent manager. I'd start a little closer to WHL if you are looking for poor managers.

if i was to make a thread about poor managers and poor teams wolves would be near the top. fortunately for you its nothing to do with other managers the topic of conversation is man city
Jake

27th Oct 11 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and he werent doing that well last season, its only since the squad had ££££ spent on it over the summer that the team is doing well
Russ

27th Oct 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

fair point.

if i was to make a thread about poor managers and poor teams wolves would be near the top. fortunately for you its nothing to do with other managers the topic of conversation is man city
refer to rule 8 of match day
Russ

27th Oct 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
and he werent doing that well last season, its only since the squad had ££££ spent on it over the summer that the team is doing well
I agree, fluked that FA cup
mwg

27th Oct 11 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you pair of lower table fans please trim your quotes

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » will man citys success be long term 23 database queries in 0.1074779 seconds