corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Simoncelli

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Simoncelli
Rick Draper

User status: Offline
23rd Oct 11 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
What happened before the accident?

Looks like he was out cold drooping off the bike before he got hit?

I believe he had lost the front but not 100% sure.
Cavey

23rd Oct 11 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah, fair enough, just listened to this http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motogp/15420719.stm on the BBC site and it supports that, lost front end, put his knee down to try and correct it
Russ

23rd Oct 11 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rossi

Sic for me was like a youngest brother.so strong on track and so sweet in the normal life.I will miss him a lot.
jr

23rd Oct 11 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was just about to post vales tweet
gavin18787
Premium Member

23rd Oct 11 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Feel really bad for him about this nothing could be worse then that

How he should be remembered

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
VegasPhil
Premium Member

24th Oct 11 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-2052712/Marco-Simoncelli-crash-Valentino-Rossi-pays-tribute-MotoGP-mourns-death.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Tom

24th Oct 11 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bad times, awful freak accident and definitely highlights how dangerous motor sport is again.
RichR
Premium Member

24th Oct 11 at 09:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not looking to cause any offence by the following statement, its meerly trying to make sense of such a terrible accident and the loss of one of the much needed characters of MotoGP who brought entertainment and captivating riding when it was needed most.

I'm trying to get my head round his helmet coming off, nothing has been specifically said and watching the footage, his helmet seems to be in one piece but the strap is broken. I understand the forces involved but could there be a possibility that with the sheer amount of hair he has, he possibly used a helmet which is bigger than someone with a similar sized head would use making it a looser fit? Again, not trying to cause any kind of offence, I'm just trying to make sense of it all

[Edited on 24-10-2011 by LiVe LeE]
jr

24th Oct 11 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I'm not looking to cause any offence by the following statement, its meerly trying to make sense of such a terrible accident and the loss of one of the much needed characters of MotoGP who brought entertainment and captivating riding when it was needed most.

I'm trying to get my head round his helmet coming off, nothing has been specifically said and watching the footage, his helmet seems to be in one piece but the strap is broken. I understand the forces involved but could there be a possibility that with the sheer amount of hair he has, he possibly used a helmet which is bigger than someone with a similar sized head would use making it a looser fit? Again, not trying to cause any kind of offence, I'm just trying to make sense of it all

did consider the same
VegasPhil
Premium Member

24th Oct 11 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I thought the hair would be to blame too. Not much speculation about it as of yet. I have read that he needed one size bigger because of it.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Jamie Walby

24th Oct 11 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was genuinly shocked/gutted/upset by this. Still hasnt really sunk in yet.
RichR
Premium Member

24th Oct 11 at 15:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tribute on the MotoGP site

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2011/Tribute+to+Marco+Simoncelli

Rsmith

24th Oct 11 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

RIP MARCO SIMONCELLI
jimmy 2.1

25th Oct 11 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An absolutely horrific accident! I had the race recorded but not known about what happened before i watched it. It was sickening. I've since seen a replay as like everyone else wondered why his lid came off. It looks like the strap hs come away from the inside.

He was a breath of fresh air in what is becoming a boring championship. I remember him jumping on an Aprilia in '09 WSB as a one off. He was organised chaos and even managed to run his team mate Biaggi off track to take a podium slot! He's a talant and character that will most deffinately be missed!

Seen this tribute on another forum...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpOsxTNteQQ&feature=player_embedded

[Edited on 25-10-2011 by jimmy 2.1]
Ben G

27th Oct 11 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this video shows how he fell off:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzsTGIKuVEc&feature=related

idiot marshalls dropped the stretcher he was on
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGnOFO0I1xg&feature=related
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

27th Oct 11 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2011/Marco+Simoncellis+Funeral

Sad video of funeral RIP #58

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Simoncelli 24 database queries in 0.0226541 seconds