corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » SYSPREP [long post warning]

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SYSPREP [long post warning]
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Oct 11 at 13:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cleveco? chinese crap
pow
Premium Member

5th Oct 11 at 14:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got an unbranded XP Home OEM disk I could ISO for you if that helps?
Dom

5th Oct 11 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Yeah but the retail discs I have include SP3, the ones from the special shops only seem to go up to SP2 for OEM.

I suppose I could slipstream SP3 onto a SP2 disc but then not much point considering I've altered my retail SP3 to be OEM (whether it works is another matter, currently installing XP on the laptop using said disc so I'll report back later ).

There's a fair few on the special shops that have SP3 slipstreamed and as you say you could do it yourself in a few seconds. But if the modded retail disc works then fair enough.
Sam
Premium Member

5th Oct 11 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't work

XP Home doesn't seem to work well with SYSPREP it seems (no support for mini setup/OOBE), so I don't think I've much choice but to just pre-install/activate Windows etc.

My modded disc worked in that it loaded all the drivers needed by the laptop so it saves me having to install all that crap after setup, so that's some consolation I guess.

Oh well.
pow
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just accept the EULA on behalf of them... it won't matter
Sam
Premium Member

6th Oct 11 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I CBA wasting any more time on this, fuck it
Sam
Premium Member

21st Oct 11 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK I was bored last night so I decided to do some further research and I think I've cracked it.

This is what I did:

- I ran Setup Manager (setupmgr.exe, comes in the same folder as SYSPREP) and created a new sysprep.inf 'answer file', setting all the various options for locale and stuff.

I also wanted to get rid of the user I created when I first installed Windows on the machine, so I set up the answer file to execute the following command after the Windows mini setup/out of the box experience/whatever you want to call it has completed.

That command was:

net users <username> /delete

- Once I finished setting up the answer file, I copied the compressed files in the \i386 directory off the CD to the c:\Sysprep\i386 directory on the hard drive.

If you don't do this, the user gets prompted to insert the Windows CD when they first turn the computer on.

- Finally, I ran SYSPREP and clicked on the Reseal button.

Once it rebooted, it ran fine and was pretty much like the welcome screens/mini setup that you get with XP installs on big name systems.

Anyways, thought I'd post the above up in case it helps anyone else out that needs to do this too.
pow
Premium Member

21st Oct 11 at 09:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

XP *issick*
Sam
Premium Member

21st Oct 11 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Oct 11 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Windows XP is sick blud
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Online
21st Oct 11 at 19:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will hijack this thread if you don't mind... you seem to be done with it

At work, our WinXP images have all been 'sysprepped' so that when we slap an image onto a new piece of hardware - the user is prompted for the PC's network name and nothing else. Admin login details, license key and company name are all pre-populated.

The guy who did all these builds has long since moved on, and now we're rolling out Win7 I'm trying to achieve something similar.

From what I can gather, Sysprep in Win7 is totally different - is it still the tool to use or is there an easier way around it?

When playing with unattend.xml I can get the PC to autojoin the domain, but only with a randomly generated computer name. I'm struggling to construct the unattend.xml to do what I need... does anyone use this and can offer me some examples to copy off of?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

21st Oct 11 at 20:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Use windows WAIK and then its a bit easier

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll