corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Matched inlets (Clios)

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Matched inlets (Clios)
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Oct 11 at 20:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i agree, if its something you can do yourself as you say its not going to do any harm

but what im saying is i wouldnt throw 200 quid at it
lee303

7th Oct 11 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

be similar to taking 8 kg or so out of the car, kinda like fitting a lightweight battery, every little helps...
lee303

7th Oct 11 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and actually, 200 quid for 8 bhp on an aspirated engine is pretty cheap!
Steve
Premium Member

7th Oct 11 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee303
be similar to taking 8 kg or so out of the car, kinda like fitting a lightweight battery, every little helps...

thats also a good point, but is there any actual plans to tune the engine any further? weight saving like tuning is a collective thing, eg taking everything out every bit adds up, but its like me keeping my full interior and just fitting a lightweight battery...pointless

[Edited on 07-10-2011 by Steve]
lee303

7th Oct 11 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i guess i don’t understand why you’re so bothered, to me it seems like a good thing all round, and as i said cheap for what you get, especially as it probably helsp the torque too, who cares if olly pays someone to do it? who cares if he doesn’t do more to make the most of it? are you saying you should either do complete car modification or nothing at all? would be a bit crap
Steve
Premium Member

7th Oct 11 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

his money he can do what he wants, just imo its not worth that money

also this claim about 8bhp, all iv seen is that 'claim' on a car that has been remapped also, whos to say what part the inlet had on that.

i reckon the majority of that gain came from the remap, again something im saying probably is worth doing
Steve
Premium Member

7th Oct 11 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also the thread was asking for opinions on said mods, im giving them
lee303

7th Oct 11 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
his money he can do what he wants, just imo its not worth that money

also this claim about 8bhp, all iv seen is that 'claim' on a car that has been remapped also, whos to say what part the inlet had on that.

i reckon the majority of that gain came from the remap, again something im saying probably is worth doing

show me another mod you can do for 200 quid that will get you 8 bhp and some torque and i’ll be impressed, spanish did it without a map and said it was worthwhile, as have many others it seems, but whatever, i’m sure olly will do what he wants to either way
Gary
Premium Member

7th Oct 11 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unless said modification and power runs were all done in controlled conditions then it's not worth fuck all.

You can loose or gain that bhp by going from one RR to another. £30 for a run makes it a really cheap power gain if you goto the right place
Ojc

7th Oct 11 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve what on earth are you getting your knickers in a twist about.

Have you ever driven a Clio Sport 172/182/197/200?

They ALL have a flat spot mines around 2.5k and unless you are hammering it all the time its quite frustrating to get it going, matching the inlet and the map resolve this issue thus making it an easier car to drive.

£200 and £200 again for the map seems good value to me, you have spent 500 odd quid on a diff and done 20 minute session on Coombe and nothing since.

To me it sounds like a jealousy thing again, getting all het up about nothing. Everybody with experience of doing the inlets and having the map say its a good thing to do, so why you say it isn't? If it gives bhp lb/ft gains on top of making it drive nicer brilliant, I've been around long enough to know its not always about what the RR figure says its about how the car drives thats important.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Oct 11 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly my knickers arent in a twist.

Secondly im not jealous

Thirdly, i agree, as what i wrote before the car may benefit from a remap, and as i also pointed out before may smooth out flat spots, imo the inlet wont factor into any of this to any npticable effect so you may aswell save your money
Steve
Premium Member

7th Oct 11 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saying that if the 200 quid includes reprofiling the inlet and the remap thats not bad..
Ojc

7th Oct 11 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh do STFU you fucking anus, Spanish done it - Said its worthwhile
Fads done it - Said its worthwhile
Butler done it - Said its worthwhile
Gez Bay done it - Said its worthwhile
Broster seems them daily - Said its worthwhile

Steve106GTi has no experience of this modification what so ever- says its not worthwhile

Fuck off
Jake

7th Oct 11 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

whos to say you wont get the same results by just having a remap done
Steve
Premium Member

7th Oct 11 at 21:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok
broster
Premium Member

7th Oct 11 at 21:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£200 all done and fitted on a 197/200 for us to do them. U2u me for more info
gavin18787
Premium Member

7th Oct 11 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

8bhp isnt bad for £200

N/A is expensive to do. Isnt all about bhp if it drives better thats the main thing

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
ShEp

7th Oct 11 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol @ this thread.

Steve you powder coated your bottom arms, that's not a worthwhile modification.

Shitcunt.
gez bay

8th Oct 11 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is worth while. Again, I haven't even bothered to remap my Clio, quite happy with just the inlets done.
And Steve, it's not something I'd recommend doing yourself unless you have a really good understanding of what your actually doing.
I've seen a few bad attempts and just having to throw the inlets away. £200 Inc labour is a bargain.
and just to make it sound better, I paid £130 for mine
Steve
Premium Member

8th Oct 11 at 08:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is some quite educated people replying in here and I am quite surprised that in 2011, some of the frankly uneducated replies that we are getting in here.

This rubbish is on par with people on Puma forums having there throttle body smoothed with a dremel the raving about how there cars pull better top end blah blah, ridiculous. I genuinely thought CS have a bit of level headedness above this.

Nobody has any proof of gains done by just modding the inlet, so far I have seen some state (again I giving the benefit of the doubt here because we havent even seen before nad after graphs), of, around 8bhp increases, following this mod AND a remap.

Now it seems pretty logical to me that an 8bhp gain seems reasonable from just a remap alone, I know that my 106gti gained 7bhp from just a piggyback ecu dastek system.

Yet we have people saying yes its worthwhile to spend 200 quid on something that is untested, and IMO will make no noticable difference...Infact we even have Butler that has had just the inlet done state, theres no noticable gains as such.

My comment about doing it yourself wasnt to suggest he actually goes and does it himself, it was more that IF you can do it yourself, then it would be worth doing as Lee said it wont do any harm and also wont cost you anything.

People saying they have had it done and notice a difference, lets not forget how convinced people were open cone filters made to cars when they were kicking around year ago.

Show me a rolling road of a car JUST having the inlet modded and after and I may change my mind, again im quite happy to be wrong, but i'd be fairly surprised if there were any noticable gains.

That is my input on this thread, if anyone cannot grasp what I have just said then im not going to credit you with a further reply, its quite straight forward really.

[Edited on 08-10-2011 by Steve]
Ojc

8th Oct 11 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your input = Fuck off
Jambo

8th Oct 11 at 12:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve. The ironing is delicious
Jake

8th Oct 11 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ojc getting agro with steve never thought id see the day
broster
Premium Member

8th Oct 11 at 13:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have rolling road graphs of this mod done, power runs within 2 hours, we modified te inlet we refitted and no remap. I'll post it on Monday. Got about 3 back to back graphs of 197/200's and about 30 for 172/182's.
Eck
Premium Member

8th Oct 11 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
quote:
Originally posted by gez bay
Why do you doubt the inlet so much? It's been tested and proven to make good gains. As said above. The inlet ports are a lot smaller than the head inlet ports, restrictig the air flow. with a remap the power delivery is smoother and better. Best 200 i spent for the engine

so far i have seen postings of 2-5bhp, thats all the evidence you have as to it making a difference.

2-5bhp which you wont notice at all

It's not all about gains though, Steve? I'd prefer to see less peak power, but a big chunk more midrange tbh.

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Matched inlets (Clios) 23 database queries in 0.1070080 seconds