corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Matched inlets (Clios)

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Matched inlets (Clios)
lee303

User status: Offline
8th Oct 11 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
There is some quite educated people replying in here and I am quite surprised that in 2011, some of the frankly uneducated replies that we are getting in here.

[Edited on 08-10-2011 by Steve]

what education have you had that tells you having a 2mm step around your inlet to head port join will be a good thing and you won’t notice any detrimental effects because of this?
jr

8th Oct 11 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cup had it done at angelworks with an rs tuner map, and reved through the rev range a tiny bit better than my 172 ff, bit tbh didn't feel any quicker
Steve
Premium Member

8th Oct 11 at 18:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly JR, cant tell anyone
Steve
Premium Member

8th Oct 11 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by lee303
quote:
There is some quite educated people replying in here and I am quite surprised that in 2011, some of the frankly uneducated replies that we are getting in here.

what education have you had that tells you having a 2mm step around your inlet to head port join will be a good thing and you won’t notice any detrimental effects because of this?

because why would renault design something so poorly rather then just getting it right and making the car perform better with better economy.

I understand there may be some margin of difference probably down to mass production manufacturing, and removing this will help, but a tiny tiny amount, its not going to be that restrictive.

Im not an idiot, just because I ask for help occasionally, doesnt mean im an idiot and know fuck all, I know whats generally needed on a n/a engine to get a gain "that you will notice". Iv also been an internet warrior for long enough now to see this kind of thing posted all the time, be it pumas with smoothed throttle bodies, to Seat owners smoothing airboxes.

Also we have had Antee, whos friend is a racing driver and works for BTM, say you may get a couple of BHP, (are you telling me you will ever notice that)

Butler, whos had it done say not really any noticable difference.

JR has just said the same

The specification of the original post was that ollie wanted a bit more low down torque, what was suggested isnt the answer tbh.

A remap will go someway to smoothing out the power curve. Doing this inlet mod may also help, a tiny bit, and if one was capable of doing it themselves, I would say might aswell do it.

But its not worth spending an extra 200 quid on.

Sure iv said this before, and im not going to fall out with you Lee, because its ridiculous, but sometimes you keep on, like the AP coilovers, stating they were shit because they snapped, even after i posted an example of Gaz snapping! Clearly you are very knowledgable and generally know a lot more then me, but you cant always be right.

lee303

8th Oct 11 at 19:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by lee303
quote:

because why would renault design something so poorly rather then just getting it right and making the car perform better with better economy.

I understand there may be some margin of difference probably down to mass production manufacturing, and removing this will help, but a tiny tiny amount, its not going to be that restrictive.

Im not an idiot, just because I ask for help occasionally, doesnt mean im an idiot and know fuck all, I know whats generally needed on a n/a engine to get a gain "that you will notice". Iv also been an internet warrior for long enough now to see this kind of thing posted all the time, be it pumas with smoothed throttle bodies, to Seat owners smoothing airboxes.

Also we have had Antee, whos friend is a racing driver and works for BTM, say you may get a couple of BHP, (are you telling me you will ever notice that)

Butler, whos had it done say not really any noticable difference.

JR has just said the same

The specification of the original post was that ollie wanted a bit more low down torque, what was suggested isnt the answer tbh.

A remap will go someway to smoothing out the power curve. Doing this inlet mod may also help, a tiny bit, and if one was capable of doing it themselves, I would say might aswell do it.

But its not worth spending an extra 200 quid on.

Sure iv said this before, and im not going to fall out with you Lee, because its ridiculous, but sometimes you keep on, like the AP coilovers, stating they were shit because they snapped, even after i posted an example of Gaz snapping! Clearly you are very knowledgable and generally know a lot more then me, but you cant always be right.

of course its about mass manufacture, hand finishing and matching is not an option on a mass produced engine

i’m not calling you and idiot, but tbh, the fact you are comparing it to smoothing a throttle body and saying you know ‘whats generally needed’ shows you don’t know enough about tuning engines to make that comment tbh, torque is 100% about cylinder fill per revolution, nothing else, just how much air you can get in per rev, and if you have a large step(1 or 2 mm is large in a port about 25mm across) on the way in to the inlet you will not fill the cylinders as much as you would if that step was not there, as it will affect flow rate, especially at lower air speeds, which funnily enough, you get when you’re lower in the rev range, hence you will gain low down torque from having a well matched inlet, and with an n/a engine, when all you have is atmospheric pressure to help you get the air there in the first place, a mod like this will make a large difference, i imagine the curve even changes shape slightly, yet still you will argue the point, despite never having done anything similar yourself to gain experience from...

and as you still think its too expensive, what else could you do for similar gains?

and as you dragged it up again, you still clearly don’t understand my opinion about the ap coilovers either, i still say they are shit, even if they hadn’t snapped on ojcs car, they have no rate adjustment ffs! seen any in a race series? thought not, seen plenty of gaz in lots of race series though, but of course, you have AP so won’t agree with me, no matter what i say, and the comment about me being the one that keeps on is fucking hilarious falling out with me? this is the internet and you hardly know me, so how thats possible i don’t know tbh
jr

8th Oct 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
My cup had it done at angelworks with an rs tuner map, and reved through the rev range a tiny bit better than my 172 ff, bit tbh didn't feel any quicker

im not taking sides, just from my exprience of fragile french hatchbacks , i doubt on the road, which is the only place either of my 172 went, unlike fads which went everywhere (at 7k ) you would barely noticed diffrence, but the gain per £ cant be knocked

[Edited on 08-10-2011 by jr]
Steve
Premium Member

8th Oct 11 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok, well the falling out was im sure we will be around in germany together at some point and the banter needs to remain in that case, I cant be doing with atmospheres, saying that due to personal circumstances with others I will be arranging my own trip probably at a different time so might not be an issue anyways.

lee303

8th Oct 11 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as has been said numerous times, its not just about bhp, not to blow my own trumpet, but i do know a thing or two about tuning an n/a engine, and you will improve torque everywhere with a matched inlet, which you will notice, so saying it won’t make any difference is just wrong, why the fuck german trips are now being brought into this i don’t know though, so that’ll do me
Steve
Premium Member

8th Oct 11 at 19:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome
Steve
Premium Member

8th Oct 11 at 19:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The ironic thing is i think ollie is the angriest one two differing opinions arent a bad thing, certainly nothing to get angry about like ojc is
Eddx14xe

8th Oct 11 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve bringing personal life onto the internet shocker
Steve
Premium Member

8th Oct 11 at 19:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didnt you know internet is real life?
Fad

8th Oct 11 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by jr

im not taking sides, just from my exprience of fragile french hatchbacks , i doubt on the road, which is the only place either of my 172 went, unlike fads which went everywhere (at 7k ) you would barely noticed diffrence, but the gain per £ cant be knocked

[Edited on 08-10-2011 by jr]

You mean 7.5k
John

8th Oct 11 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a lot of internet modders in here.

The internet says it works so it must.

Same as the vpower argument.

Fad is an EVO modder.

[Edited on 08-10-2011 by John]
Fad

8th Oct 11 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And John is a miserable old cunt who hangs around in the wings waiting to post some kind of negative comment which has no relevance, I'm pretty sure he doesn't even like cars unless it's the holy grail of a Fabia VRS.

I kept my car standard for a year and has a RR done at 173 bhp then after the map and inets a year later it made 178 bhp and a smoother curve on the exact same rollers.

John you don't even know me so fuck off.
John

8th Oct 11 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi mate, welcome to the Internet.
Jambo

8th Oct 11 at 23:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wtf is an Evo modder?!
John

8th Oct 11 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fads opinion suspiciously matches what eve says.
Jambo

8th Oct 11 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whereas yours are the diesel motoring press?
Ojc

9th Oct 11 at 00:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ok, well the falling out was im sure we will be around in germany together at some point and the banter needs to remain in that case, I cant be doing with atmospheres, saying that due to personal circumstances with others I will be arranging my own trip probably at a different time so might not be an issue anyways.

This post right here is worse than SteveW leaving thread lees telling you whu this mod will be good but you bury your heaad in the sand just to continue a poinless Argument
Steve
Premium Member

9th Oct 11 at 07:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bury your head in the sand? rich coming from you

[Edited on 09-10-2011 by Steve]
Ojc

9th Oct 11 at 07:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you want a fight then tell me a date and ill bring bricks bats and knives no guns
s.c.w

9th Oct 11 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
If you want a fight then tell me a date and ill bring bricks bats and knives no guns

gez bay

9th Oct 11 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This threads taken a turn.
Ojc

9th Oct 11 at 12:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You haven't a clue what I'm talking about. Ask Steve.

<<  4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Matched inlets (Clios) 22 database queries in 0.0193040 seconds