corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Hazard switch - name the wires - electronics help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hazard switch - name the wires - electronics help
Haimsey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Sep 11 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any help on this one.
Current hazard switch has some 7 wires going into it.
The button I have has 2 connections.

Heres an image of the rear of a hazard button.

Need to really get a grip of what does what.
Ive figured there will be a positive and negative, wire from LH side of car and RH side of car, 2 (?) wires for the bulb in the hazard switch itself... but thats all.

Next question - how would i go about connecting the wires i need to keep (because obviously i dont need the wires for the bulb in the switch itself) to a button with only 2 connections?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks. Marc.

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
John

User status: Offline
15th Sep 11 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a multimeter on the other end of the wires you've cut off.

It'll be 2,3,5 or 7 you need though, i'd just touch them until the hazards come on.

New Poll