corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » sub outputs on headunit! HELP NEEDED

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author sub outputs on headunit! HELP NEEDED
bradfincham

User status: Offline
16th Apr 03 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought a pioneer deh-8000r of mate, he had it running 2 12" subs, put it into my car and it perfectly runs my 1 12" sub,
then i soldered all the wires up neatly etc and now i cannot get any sound from the sub
there is power to the amp as i have checked and the light is on
the sub is turned on the head unit
we have changed rca leads
changed subs
changed amps
so im left with the head unit!
is is possible for the sub outputs to break at all? all fuses are o.k and been replaced?
any one got any ideas??
Richie

16th Apr 03 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on pioneer head units ill think you'll find you need to turn the preouts on, i had to on my 6400R.

Read the book and if that fails, check your preouts on the head unit with a multimeter. If they arent giving a reading, the solder points have come loose on the headunit board. This happened with a kenwood unit i had.
bradfincham

16th Apr 03 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so did you manage to get these solder points fixed then??
i will check to see if they have any voltage 2moro! cheers tho
Richie

16th Apr 03 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup you just need to know what ur doing and be very cautious when taking it apart, see if its under guarantee first. I did mine myself, just a case of soldering the cracked points.

[Edited on 16-04-2003 by AustinPXX]

New Poll