corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » New Corsa Sri ICE help

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Corsa Sri ICE help
Cunners_sri

User status: Offline
   16th Jun 03 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, i only joind here yesturday, i have got rid of my old corsa, old gurl she did me proud, and now i bought myself a brand new 03 1.4i 16v SRi, thing is i wanna put my old ice system, in there, but theres a problem, i bought the 4-disk changer for in the dash cuz my old headunits got nicked sooo many times i couldnt be assd ne more so ive had this but i wanna know if i can still connect amps up n shit, at mo im running, JBL 300watt 6x9s, 2x900watt 12" sony xplod subs and an 800watt 4 channel sony xplod amp, but i wanna get another amp, so question really is, can i connect 2 amps to the standard dash in ma ne SRi or will i need a conversion kit or wont it happen at all, ne gods of ICE out there plz help me.
neiliosxi

16th Jun 03 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i doubt there will be 1 in your std unit nevermind 2! U can get adaptors that run off your speaker outputs, these could make 2 pre outs (Front & back) but involves lots of wire cutting, and sounds poo coz they aint real outputs. Best bet is invest in a good headunit, and take the face off it when u leave your car! Will be 10 times better in the long run coz u'll get sick of std 1 eventually.

[Edited on 16-06-2003 by neiliosxi]
Cunners_sri

16th Jun 03 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a bit crap then i forked out 200notes for the disk changer, thing is cocks down my end dont care if u got face on or off they steel em for fun, while this thing is in the dash and has no street value that was my intention, damn i hope there is sum other way of fittin it.
bluecorsaSXi

16th Jun 03 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how about hiding the H/U?? keep the original one where it is and hide a second decent one either under the dash or glove box??
if you dont like that idea, then get your windows tinted(so they cant break them!), have your car completely de-locked, and have a real loud alarm installed, so if they still manage to break in you will hear and then you can chase them down the road with a cricket bat!!!!
Cunners_sri

17th Jun 03 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got it sorted now, i went to the vauxhall dealer 2day, he sed theres no pre outs but i can do the speaker wire method where he could covert the wires and have rca adapters on , it wud hiss a little bit so he can get noise blockers and he sed that shud be fine.
he sed i could connect 2 amps and sed if i was goin with the whole xplod system, to get the new Black Pentigon shape 1600watt amp that will power both my subs to 800watt each and then use the amp i got now to power 6x9s at 200watt and componants etc etc, he sed vauxhall would buy the adapters and noise blockers, wire it all up to the standard headunit, screw all amps down n fit 6x9s in shelf n subs etc all for £100, that seems ok to me, he told me how to do it but to get it all done hassel free and know it will be good for £100's ok, cheers for the help people gave me ne how.

New Poll