corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Death at the ring yesterday

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Death at the ring yesterday
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Sep 11 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Fair enough. To have a decent cage installed you are looking at well over 1k though, as show cages are meant to do more harm than good

£500 odd supplied from Custom Cages then find a mate who can weld and pay him in milkshakes

Maybe if you have a common car My mate just paid well over that for his Astra VXR one.

Okay, CL4 for a Astra VXR is £425.69, plus vat which will be about 510.83? The CL4 is more than enough don't you think?

edit - I see they don't do one for your mazda though, who does?

[Edited on 07-09-2011 by willay]
Steve
Premium Member

7th Sep 11 at 10:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Panache Kids do one, plastic subframes
willay
Premium Member

7th Sep 11 at 11:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do a Juicy Couture cage, costs a billion quid and you grow out of it within 6 months.
gez bay

7th Sep 11 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
100%

how many folk make the journey withoiut ever trying out a track in the UK?

I'd think it would prob make it more rewarding.....

exactly AK. ive been around track as a passanger and that was quite an experience itself. dont realise how different being on track is to the road. the higher speeds around bends ect. so im guessing going on a 26mile track mixed with supercars and beginers is a recipe for disaster. rather get experience over here first.
Graham88

7th Sep 11 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Okay, CL4 for a Astra VXR is £425.69, plus vat which will be about 510.83? The CL4 is more than enough don't you think?

We must be looking in different places as it says about £700 without VAT? But he had his made custom & adapted to a half cage he'd had made previously, which is where the money went!

Nobody does anything never mind a rollcage ! that's not a route I'm bothered about anyway

It's 13miles gez

[Edited on 07-09-2011 by Graham88]
Steve
Premium Member

7th Sep 11 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gez bay
quote:
Originally posted by AK
100%

how many folk make the journey withoiut ever trying out a track in the UK?

I'd think it would prob make it more rewarding.....

exactly AK. ive been around track as a passanger and that was quite an experience itself. dont realise how different being on track is to the road. the higher speeds around bends ect. so im guessing going on a 26mile track mixed with supercars and beginers is a recipe for disaster. rather get experience over here first.

more cars and bikes being a recipe for disaster tbh
3CorsaMeal

7th Sep 11 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Recipe for disaster:

1 Tsunami
1 Earthquake
2 Floods
Hurricane winds

Take the earthquake first and add the tsunami, wait 30mins after mixing and quickly introduce the floods. Mix throughly for 8hrs, then chuck in the winds.

Bake for 2days and serve cold.

willay
Premium Member

7th Sep 11 at 14:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

We must be looking in different places as it says about £700 without VAT? But he had his made custom & adapted to a half cage he'd had made previously, which is where the money went!

Nobody does anything never mind a rollcage ! that's not a route I'm bothered about anyway

It's 13miles gez

[Edited on 07-09-2011 by Graham88]

I think the difference is I'm looking at CL4 (club kits) and your mate got a suck me fuck me multipoint cage? I got a CL4 in the astra.
Graham88

7th Sep 11 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My knowledge of cage is fuck all so I'm just going by figures on Custom Cages! But here is the front of his cage, I'm gonna get some pictures of it soon as I'm at Silverstone on Tuesday with him so will grab some then for peeps to look at , it's so nice

willay
Premium Member

7th Sep 11 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more pics
Graham88

7th Sep 11 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will do It's VXR Marcs old car, I've managed to persuade him to spend a weekend getting rid of the mass amounts of sound deadening Marc put in as he couldn't be bothered but I said I'd help.

<<  4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Death at the ring yesterday 22 database queries in 0.0121601 seconds