corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Death at the ring yesterday

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Death at the ring yesterday
Graham88

User status: Offline
6th Sep 11 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.customcages.co.uk/Rollcage/LoadRollCage.castle?manufacturer=Vauxhall&model=Astra%20VXR%202006/7&type=Multipoint

£1800 fitted?
Graham88

6th Sep 11 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubble
quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
All I see is a picture blinded by the sun

Ok well done you proved me wrong on a mass produced car. Now get an uncommon car and get a cage for £450

[Edited on 06-09-2011 by Graham88]

was £450 6 years ago. the same cage is now £1080. same price as an astra vxr cage. your mate was robbed.

FFS petrol was 60.9 6 years ago how can you compare
SXi_Tim

6th Sep 11 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Green_Machine
Waste of money the ring anyway imo, couldnt be arsed bringing my car all that way to just race around a track lol im not hamilton so i cba pretending. Would rather go to amsterdam fuck some prostitutes and smoke some unreal bush

I do both (except for the whores, think the gf might have something to say) , both are equally as satisfying but in completely different ways
Eck
Premium Member

6th Sep 11 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Pics of cage? You said you fitted it yourself, so that's where you saved money. I can imagine for a certified cage fitter it must be a few hundred quid. So for a cheap car like a Corsa that's mass produced it's easy for them to make em for £450. Was it full cage? Door bars etc? Down through dash?

What cars are we talking about here Graham? A Mazda 3 is a common mass produced car, as is an Astra or a Focus?
Graham88

6th Sep 11 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finding parts for a 3 MPS is like trying to draw blood from a stone. But his point was null and void anyway, he was talking about 6 year old cages. So like I said it's near or well over 1k for most cars to have a cage installed. Obviously if you can do it yourself it's cheaper but not everyone has those contacts or mates

Don't really know how it all started anyway tbh

richc

6th Sep 11 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havent read the whole thread ( i imagine CS's ring veterans having mass input), but there is nothing to say the driver was pissed, just because there were bottles in the car.

Me and my mates often go on weekends away, and we all drink in the back whilst the driver, well, drives.

Steve
Premium Member

6th Sep 11 at 17:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit of a difference between trundling along a road drinking in the back then navigating arguiabley the worlds most challenging track in the damp
Eck
Premium Member

6th Sep 11 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Finding parts for a 3 MPS is like trying to draw blood from a stone. But his point was null and void anyway, he was talking about 6 year old cages. So like I said it's near or well over 1k for most cars to have a cage installed. Obviously if you can do it yourself it's cheaper but not everyone has those contacts or mates

Don't really know how it all started anyway tbh

Finding performance parts I guess, but the actual dimensions etc are the same, so a cage would fit the same? But I do agree, to get it built by someone it wouldn't cost so little.
Graham88

6th Sep 11 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never seen one for sale mate (although never really looked in fairness), but as I say even if you could find one I think you'd struggle to get one made and installed for under 1k !

But why would you put a rollcage in anything other than an MPS would be beyond me, 2.2 diesel isn't quite the same

spikedjack

6th Sep 11 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

terrible to hear however, not wearing a seatbelt, and being in the back makes it their own fault imo...
Ojc

6th Sep 11 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The replies on Clio197.net is pretty much the same as what us lot have been saying, that its a case of Darwin at its best
spikedjack

6th Sep 11 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i must admit, i've never been around the ring without decent seats harnesses and a cage... i think even in my next car it will be the same, maybe minus the cage
3CorsaMeal

6th Sep 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i say get used to it, as there will be alot more to come
AK

6th Sep 11 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
everyone who has any interest in driving on track needs to do the ring basically

I have no pressing need to waste loads of time going round a track full of nuggets that dont know how to behave on track.

For the money i'd go for Spa instead or Brands, Donnington, Oulton and Anglesey (grouped) for example.

To me 'The Ring' is just like Benidorm. Bulldog tatoo skin headed louts A stereotype..... but you know what i mean.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Sep 11 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U should go seriously you are also only an hour from spa
AK

6th Sep 11 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It just doesnt interest me.... not the tourist days anyway.

Maybe a private trackday where you arent on track with buses/bikes/muppets etc etc

Plus its a feckin long journey.
Steve
Premium Member

6th Sep 11 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What about the gp track sessions then
AK

6th Sep 11 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why bother going that distance when we prob have better tracks in the UK?

I'd prefer to do a couple of UK tracks over 1 foreign.

I DO want to do Spa though
Steve
Premium Member

6th Sep 11 at 21:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you should go look iv not visited any track in the UK with the same ambience, atmosphere or challenge about it , if you go and still have your view is be surprised but I can see why you'd have them pre going
AK

6th Sep 11 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If i go i'd like it but I know i'd get annoyed that I wouldnt get a clear run.

The vids i have seen are just chaos.

My Fav UK tracks - Oulton, Anglesey and Knockhill. Give them all a try - they are much cheaper and closer!
SXi_Tim

7th Sep 11 at 03:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look on here (nurburgring entrance lanes webcam archive) - http://www.8200rpm.com/webcam/

The crash happened 4/9 at around 10.15, when you get the pics up for that date and time i think the clio is the top row 4th along. Notice how the lanes clear and everyone is been guided off in the following 20 mins, scary
richc

7th Sep 11 at 07:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
bit of a difference between trundling along a road drinking in the back then navigating arguiabley the worlds most challenging track in the damp

Well no. The driver is driving reguardless, so the passengers unless trying to hit him on the head or something daft, will have no different effect.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Sep 11 at 07:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not even going to reply to that

back to AK, it is a little like you suggest at the weekends when its very busy, you tend to get more idiots then, and lots of traffic, that offset its an ideal time to get to viewing spots, and you get to see some awesome cars in action.

if you stay all week like we do the week day evenings are brilliant for lapping, you come across a handful of cars if that, and majority are locals too
gez bay

7th Sep 11 at 07:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to go to the 'ring' but i wouldn't like to go out there with no track experience. Think a few sessions here would be needed before going out there
AK

7th Sep 11 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

100%

how many folk make the journey withoiut ever trying out a track in the UK?

I'd think it would prob make it more rewarding.....

<<  3    4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Death at the ring yesterday 22 database queries in 0.0229170 seconds