corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » corsa b 1.0 12v fuel problems!! please can someone help me !

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa b 1.0 12v fuel problems!! please can someone help me !
brommaz145

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 11 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, was on the road yesterday for 10 minutes and my car cut out. initially thought it was due to lack of petrol as i was on way to the petrol station. but then after getting towed to petrol station and refuelling, my car was still not firing up. i replaced the fuel pump after thinking it werent working, as it was not shooting out petrol when turning the ignition over, but even with the new one on its still not firing up. i have checked the purple fuse ( relay) behind the glove box and it is fine, and also run wire from the battery to fuel pump to check to see if it is working, and the fuel pump does work. What else can it be !!!! would be really grateful to anyone that can help. cheers

[Edited on 02-09-2011 by brommaz145]
reecegsi

2nd Sep 11 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isnt there 2 Relays? So its all working just not getting petrol to engine?
Jed D

2nd Sep 11 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this ^

or, fuel filter not blocked up?
brommaz145

2nd Sep 11 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not entirely sure if theres 2 or not, and yeah all working but when the fuel pump is connected etc, theres no petrol coming out of it. so there surely must be a problem with the connection from the relay to the pump?
reecegsi

2nd Sep 11 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Look next to the relay you have checked make sure they are all good?
brommaz145

4th Sep 11 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i managed to get my car started, but it keeps cutting out ! it will work for 5-10 minutes and then not at all ? have come to the conclusion that there may be an electrical fault rather than a fuel problem, but cant think what !? any ideas.. cheers
Jed D

4th Sep 11 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

worn away wire somewhere maybe?
brommaz145

4th Sep 11 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe, but will be a mission to find out which one etc. will have to have someone proffesional take a look
brommaz145

5th Sep 11 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have now replaced the fuel pump, both fuel pump relays, as well as made sure there are no bad earths, i havn't got a clue whats going on now haha
jbguitarking

5th Sep 11 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

crank sensor, mine cut out once and wouldnt start. left it at home came back to show my mate it wouldnt start and low and behold it did, went on a 10 minute trip to shops and back and just as I went to park it cut out again and refused to start. No problems since the new sensor but it was a patent one so it will probably happen again!

so yea, change the crank sensor!
brommaz145

7th Sep 11 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

okayy matee cheers ! got a mate looking at it at the moment, so will give him a shout

New Poll