corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fuel?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuel?
deano87

User status: Offline
26th Oct 06 at 08:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do Vauxhall recommend any particular fuel for the Corsa's?

I may be being a bit padantic but Dad's car (not a Corsa) used to pink really bad - they said recommened fuel was Shell V-power and it hasn't done it since. (He used to use Sainsbury's Super-unleaded).

I used standard BP fuel and don't have any such problems in my 1.0 12v.

[Edited on 26-10-2006 by deano87]
Marc

26th Oct 06 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would use a good quality fuel like Shell unleaded. Supermarket fuel can be inferior, although some is actually made by Texaco (Tesco) and BP (Asda). You shouldn't need to use V-Power as all Shell fuel contain cleaning agents.
BarnshaW

26th Oct 06 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its said that V-Power cleans out the emissions etc. i shouldnt see why v-power wouldnt be suitable in any petrol engined car? but to be honest perfromance wise i shudnt think you would notice much difference on a smaller capacity engine. (maybe a smoother ride?)

New Poll