corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Karisma's '84 nova saloon 2 door

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Karisma's '84 nova saloon 2 door
karisma_corsa

User status: Offline
   27th Aug 11 at 19:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey all I'm Sean, some may recognise my corsa project.

Here is my new project thread and the new car which shall ruin my bank balance and my sanity!!!!

Enjoy reading if you can be
The car is a 1984 1.2 8v Vauxhall Nova saloon 2 door Model with 46k on the clocks.

The car was purchased brand new at Twells of Billinghay on the first of august 1984, the car stayed with its original owner up until a few years ago until he passed away. The car was passed along the original owners daughter and put away in a barn for 4 years where a nice little mouse found a warm home and a chance to chew the rear seats. After talks with people the daughter was told it was worthless and was due to scrap the car, but a lad called james found out and bought it off her for £200 fine english pounds, he has had teh car since december 2010 and hasnt done much with it apart from look after it and give it any nessecary work. I found out about the car, which wasnt actually for sale according to the owner, told him how interested i was and how much i would look after it if one day i was lucky enough to own it. James eventually offered the car to me for £600. So after selling my alloys and mirrors from the Corsa project i foned him to tell him i was ready to buy the car. My v5 came through the other day so im and one very excited owner of a car ive wanted for a long time.

The car has such features as original tax disc holder, original dealer stickers in window, all original keys from 1984, original tax disc from 1985 from when the car was purschaed brand new, Original Number plates with twells dealership on them.

The car has its original owners booklet with it, which has the owners manual and the original Radio Manuals, still absolutely mint, Inside the owners booklet is a whole host of MOT slips, tax discs and Service Sheets dating back to the early 1980s.

I was lucky enough to be able to have a good chat with the previous owner about the car before i bought it and asked as many questions as possible and had a chance to check over the shell, lets be honest, novas are well known for being little rot boxes. I was happy to find that all the problem areas were solid, Sills have been replaced but theyre not good enough so ill redo those.

Anyway ill let you all see what youve been waiting for! PHOTOS! Enjoy. Ive got plenty more to tell you about, and there will be lots going on once the project gets going.

Sean

M Sutton

27th Aug 11 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good mate! Look forward to some updates on this one
ryan docherty

27th Aug 11 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ano this is going to be a show stopper
Due to the corsa what a car that was
am4nf

27th Aug 11 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WANT
karisma_corsa

10th Sep 11 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not really an Update but as i want to document everything and make this my best ever build thread im putting everything i can on here.

Ive got some fresher pictures of the car taken with a proper camera and some other bits, history, literature etc. geeky stuff.

Heres some new pictures of the car. Im not able to get to the car very often as its in storage so nothing has changed.

I thought id get some photos of the original Onwers booklet thingy.

and all the stuff inside it.

And i also picked up an Early Nova Haynes Manual and an Old Nova Autodata Manual.

As the car is in a location where i cant even clean it as its a remote lockup then i will be bringing home stuff to deep clean, little stuff like the original GM rubber mats, and anything easily removable for now. Ill update everything as and when it happens.

Should hopefully have a new rear bench soon too, as mine isnt great and i want the interior mint.

Sean
Jed D

10th Sep 11 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks sweet. cant be many like that left now. whats the plans, show room standards?
karisma_corsa

10th Sep 11 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will be low for definate. found a wooden steering wheel for it. opel grille, smooth engine bay with polished engine. everything repainted, replated, or powdercoated so everything is mint. nothing will be left unturned.

corsagsigav

10th Sep 11 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loved the corsa mate seen it a few times when i was working in sleaford last winter.looked spot on.the nova will look sweet gonna keep my eye on this
vaux.dan

10th Sep 11 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be watching this. Just bought a saloon my self
Haza2dap

11th Sep 11 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice wheels on the smoothed corsa
N7 THD

12th Sep 11 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is going to be awesome! love saloons!
vx-scottw
Premium Member

12th Sep 11 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see good things coming make use prowed
DanCobb

12th Sep 11 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool as fuck
karisma_corsa

14th Sep 11 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the comments. Getting some new parts at end of month. I will be getting wood.
Jed D

15th Sep 11 at 08:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we want more, we want more, we want more!!

get an update up mate, interested in this one fo sho
karisma_corsa

17th Sep 11 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Again not much of an update, Found this in the 'loon the other day.

its the original dealership tax disc holder and the original Tax disc from when the car was brought brand new in 1984.

Hopefully getting a wooden mountenay Steering wheel at the end of month, brand new for that retro feel. and a few other bits. Was hoping to get an early Opel saloon grill but its been sold i think. so ill have to try and source one from germany.

Updates will come thick and fast as soon as possible people.

P.s - If anyone sees any mk1 Nova saloon 2 door wings for sale then hit me up!!!
karisma_corsa

8th Oct 11 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Small update, bought some goodies for the 'loon.

Took a trip out to novadose2009's place to get some stuff from him, one of the hottest days of the year, road trip + nova parts = win!!!!

All Red Rears

Genuine o/s/f Wing, Aerial has been smoothed and Arch Lip Been folded up and sealed.

Chrome Engine Catch, stay, etc

Genuine GM Corsa Badge

Mountney Traditional 13.5" Wooden Steering Wheel + Boss

Wont Be Fitting the parts for a while unfortunately, Going to be stock piling all the parts i buy for now, maybe until the weather picks up and then spend a week or so fitting everythingl. Also looking to get more stuff soon, such as Brand new headlights and indicators, K&N Open Air Filter, and coilovers.
D0NN3R

8th Oct 11 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love the chrome parts where did you get then from
BeetleGav

8th Oct 11 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

from the look of the parts, think i might like where this is going!
Jonny.K

10th Oct 11 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id drive it the way it is i fucking love the saloons like
Tomnova16
Premium Member

10th Oct 11 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

epicness of highest order
can i paint it for you

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
karisma_corsa

11th Oct 11 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the comments. I would love to have you paint it tom. Might consider it.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

11th Oct 11 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
Jonny.K

12th Oct 11 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what colour you thinking?
nibnob21
Premium Member

12th Oct 11 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why the Corsa badge?

MX5 Project Thread

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Karisma's '84 nova saloon 2 door 24 database queries in 0.0987160 seconds