corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sky Anytime+ & Wireless Router

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sky Anytime+ & Wireless Router
Liam

User status: Offline
17th Aug 11 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone got Sky Anytime+ and has got their Sky router in another room, wirelessly? We've had Sky installed today, and the router should be here later this week, but we want the router in the office(1st floor) and the sky box is on the top floor, the engineer say we need ONE OF THESE so the router can go in the office and we can use the Anytime+ feature, does anyone use anything other than the Sky wireless connecter to do this? Or do we need to buy one from eBay....
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

18th Aug 11 at 04:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

usb wireless dongle maybe?

probably best just buying the sky product though
John

18th Aug 11 at 07:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any wireless ethernet bridge should work.

They gave me a free wireless connector without even asking.
Sam
Premium Member

18th Aug 11 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We were supposed to have Sky broadband and Anytime+ about a month ago but we have to wait at least another week thanks to the fucking idiot that owned the house before us, that decided to cancel their phone line about 2 days before we moved in and not realising they were supposed to give 30 days notice to Sky, and Sky for some reason won't just disconnect them and connect us up.

/rant
John

18th Aug 11 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same happened to me, took 2 months.

Brother has been waiting a few weeks now as well, they were telling me on the phone the other night that they couldn't send an engineer out because the system showed that there was a phone plugged in, to the phon eline they haven't installed
Sam
Premium Member

18th Aug 11 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FPMSL

I understand that obviously we and the previous owners have different phone numbers from Sky and so BT will have to send an engineer out etc. but why can't they just bill the previous owners anyway, disconnect their line immediately and set us up?

It's not like they are here to use the phone line FFS, in fact as the line is still active until tomorrow I could make shitloads of calls and they would have to pay for it!

New Poll