corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Data roaming costs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Data roaming costs
Joe

User status: Offline
21st Jul 11 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going away tomoz and the mrs can't text coz her phone bill is already way over so have been using whatsapp instead of texts. If I leave data roaming on but turn off emails and all that bollocks and don't go on Facebook is it likely to cost a fortune or will it not be too bad if I use whatsapp for an hour or so at a time?

Already had a £150 phone bill from going away last month so could do without another big one, but I just want to speak to my girlfriend to re-assure her I haven't boned anything yet.
sc0ott

21st Jul 11 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When i went to spain in june if i tried to access the net i had to do something to activate it but it was something like £1 for 3mb of data if i did.
ed

21st Jul 11 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try and find somewhere with WiFi? Can WhatsApp and Skype to your delight then

Some networks let you buy international data in advance for less for when you go away.
Joe

21st Jul 11 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't be bothered searching for wifi though and phone will be staying in the room all day and night anyway. Just thought someone would have a rough idea on how much it would cost.
Doug

21st Jul 11 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do an experiment.

Reset your usage stats and then use it as you plan to use it abroad and see how much data you have used.

Then compare that figure to your networks costs for roaming data.
Tommy L

21st Jul 11 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vodafone give me 25mb free a day abroad. After that it was something stupid like £1 per mb. Thankfully never got close the 25mb.

Basically, it's ridiculously expensive. Hope this helps x
Toby
Premium Member

22nd Jul 11 at 07:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would just turned it one for an hour or two a day at set times or it will cost a fortune. Most hotels aboard though do come with free WiFi
Nismo

22nd Jul 11 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id just not bother with any data and bone some other bird, 3 helmet bags for 2 euro's sounds cheaper to me
Dave

22nd Jul 11 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mr Nismo speaks sense on this. Just use what you would have spent on roaming charges to buy some flowers when you get back.
pow
Premium Member

22nd Jul 11 at 09:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or just tell her to trust you, give her a phone call once in a while and that'll be that?
jrsteeve

22nd Jul 11 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Too late now but it depends where you're going. If in Europe you're probs looking at around £10-£20 for the week as the 'boosters' most sell are about £5 and last a day or 2 of normal usage. Just been to Tenerife and used the hotel's wifi - most will have it in reception area and bars etc also offer it free.

New Poll