corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dark Knight Rises - discussion and spoilers. Don't read unless you've seen the film

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Dark Knight Rises - discussion and spoilers. Don't read unless you've seen the film
Nath

User status: Offline
18th Jul 12 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What is that place that blows up in Begins? I'm with Adio that it's a monastary
Nath

18th Jul 12 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
quote:
Originally posted by Nath
I'm going to watch it again

Good idea, just remember to watch it with an open mind and not determined to find all its faults and shortcomings.
I did the same with ROTF, but that was just too much.

I'll hit up Apple TV later for it
Balling
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 12:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go watch it.

It's a hideout/headquarters for the team of vigilantes named the League of Shadows.

Nath

18th Jul 12 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Go watch it.

It's a hideout/headquarters for the team of vigilantes named the League of Shadows.

That does ring a bell.
Balling
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 12:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I did the same with ROTF, but that was just too much.

Yeah, that one I watched the second time with a note pad, determined to find every argument possible to explain my idiot brother in law why it sucked...

adiohead

18th Jul 12 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Hardly an argument!

Just pointing out that I'm not the only one.

quote:
FFS, there is no fucking monastery in Begins!
Bruce is given his last martial arts training by an order of vigilantes who execute criminals.

It's called The League of Shadows Monastery in the ps2 game.

quote:
That's part of my point. The story is brilliant. And your argument that it's bad because you don't remember it is terrible.

If it was good I would have remembered it. I remember good stories, I'm autistic like that.
adiohead

18th Jul 12 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What is that place that blows up in Begins? I'm with Adio that it's a monastary

Jambo

18th Jul 12 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What has Bale proved himself in?

He was decent in Public enemies and Machinist. Possibly the prestige. The rest was mediocre tbh.
Balling
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 13:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:
Bruce is given his last martial arts training by an order of vigilantes who execute criminals.

It is never mentioned as being a monastery in the film. Either way, that's loosing focus a bit. My point was more that it's not a monastery in traditional sense as in no one we see in the film resemble a monk.

mwg

18th Jul 12 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:

It is never mentioned as being a monastery in the film. Either way, that's loosing focus a bit. My point was more that it's not a monastery in traditional sense as in no one we see in the film resemble a monk.

tbf the guy that seems to be the leader of the league of shadows does look like a monk
mwg

18th Jul 12 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

adiohead

18th Jul 12 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Balling's memory of this film is worse than mine.
Balling
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo

Everything he has been in. I'm not talking quality of the film by the way, but quality of his acting.
quote:
Bale's characters in Batman, The Fighter, 3:10 To Yuma and Harsh Times are so incredibly far apart that there can hardly be any doubt he's a class A actor.

As said, I fail to see Affleck deliver the same level of diversity. Bale's performance in The Fighter alone tops anything Affleck has done.

SetH

18th Jul 12 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

He was decent in Public enemies and Machinist. Possibly the prestige. The rest was mediocre tbh.

Really?

Take a look at the long list of best supporting acting awards in the Fighter.

Respect your opinions as I do anyone's but you are seriously lacking objectivity in your comments, are you on?

If Ben Faggot Affleck was John Conner you would have like Terminator Salvation
Jambo

18th Jul 12 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Terminator was poo. Bale is OK, ive not seen the Fighter, maybe this will change my mind.

Still when he has written and stared in an oscar winning film let me know
Balling
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
tbf the guy that seems to be the leader of the league of shadows does look like a monk

That's debatable. He's never presented as BEING a monk though, which is what was my point.

Either way, before some one turns up with a Wiki link stating Ra's Al Ghul is a monk in the comics, I don't feel this affects the quality of the film in any way.

Balling
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 13:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Still when he has written and stared in an oscar winning film let me know

How does this affect your view on him as an actor?

SetH

18th Jul 12 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assume Jambo is referring to Good Will Hunting in which it was Damon and williams that stole the show on the acting front.

Although admittedly Affleck co-wrote it but fail to see how that has anything to do with his acting ability.
Balling
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Affleck had an absolutely minor part in that film. He has perhaps five minutes of screen time and 10 lines of dialogue.
His stint at the job interview was fun, but his speech about wanting to find Will's apartment empty one morning is pretty poorly delivered and reeks of low level acting.

Either way, that the film won an Oscar proves nothing about Affleck.

This is going off the subject just a slight bit though...

Dom

18th Jul 12 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Everything he has been in. I'm not talking quality of the film by the way, but quality of his acting.

T3 was bad enough but Terminator Salvation was an abomination to the franchise and most of that was down to Bale.
I agree that he has his moments, like American Psycho or The Machinist, but he's not the holy grail of actors that you seem to make him out to be.

However i do agree with Affleck, overall, being a below par actor. Don't get me wrong, he was brilliant in Dogma (it was an incredible film anyway), but i struggle to think of other films he's exceeded in. At a push, perhaps The Sum of All Fears but even them i'm scraping the barrel.

[Edited on 18-07-2012 by Dom]
Jambo

18th Jul 12 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Affleck is great i am not saying hes the best actor ever, he is an exceptionally talented individual and a credit the the industry (unlike spoilt brat Bale)

and Dom, Top Gun
Balling
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
T3 was bad enough but Terminator Salvation was an abomination to the franchise and most of that was down to Bale.
I agree that he has his moments, like American Psycho or The Machinist, but he's not the holy grail of actors that you seem to make him out to be.

However i do agree with Affleck, overall, being a below par actor. Don't get me wrong, he was brilliant in Dogma (it was an incredible film anyway), but i struggle to think of other films he's exceeded in. At a push, perhaps The Sum of All Fears but even them i'm scraping the barrel.

I'm definitely not trying to prove him as the holy grail of actors. I just claim he is a class A actor.
I can't blame Bale for anything wrong with Salvation. It's a very thin part with very little characterization, but that can hardly be put on Bale as opposed to the script. Actually, my only wish was that they would have given him more screen time to better let us sense and learn the grown up John Connor.

But again, I'm not on about the quality of the films he's in.

Bale has been on film quite a lot, and I can't say that I've seen everything he's been in.
But I can't say I've ever witnessed him fall completely flat like Affleck did in Daredevil or Armageddon.

Balling
Premium Member

18th Jul 12 at 14:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where the fuck does this Bale vs. Affleck thing even come from by the way? What a strange comparison.

Dom

18th Jul 12 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Where the fuck does this Bale vs. Affleck thing even come from by the way? What a strange comparison.

Started by the guy that loves women with GUNTS and UDDERS
SetH

18th Jul 12 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMFSL guilty as charged

<<  3    4    5    6    7    8    9  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Dark Knight Rises - discussion and spoilers. Don't read unless you've seen the film 23 database queries in 0.2014482 seconds