corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My track toy - being broken :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My track toy - being broken :(
antnee

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 11 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well a small update, went to Castle Combe the weekend after Trax, car performed fine, had a little spin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWpyt1LpJ8Q

Afternoon session was dry and the car loved it, just need to find the limits of the semi-slick R888's now.

Done a few bits in prep for Oulton Park tomorrow, which consists of, new discs all round, pads on the rear, water pump and belt, new coolant, oil filter and oil. Had to leave one of the old rear discs on as one of the bolts was rounded.

Will hopefully update with some pics and vids of tomorrow!
Kieran
Premium Member

3rd Oct 11 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the white inside! Always think White looks amazing.

thomasgc

3rd Oct 11 at 22:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very very nice car man
antnee

6th Oct 11 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few vids from Oulton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRkiDEsBtEQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy7P_BA61xk

Happy with how the car went, stiffened it up and it went quicker, plus felt a bit better. Need to sort a rear ARB out though as its rolling loads on the R888's. Arches need rolling too to stop rubbing. I managed to proper boil the brake fluid, so that needs changing, so will put my braided lines on at the same time.
Alex_Rally

6th Oct 11 at 17:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who the hell was "stig" thats sitting next to you? givin u full instruction, he should of just drove the car lol
antnee

6th Oct 11 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate that races GT's, I asked him to give me some tuition Which certainly helped, as the 200 was way quicker than me in the morning.
Alex_Rally

6th Oct 11 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooh well, as long as it helped .
as long as u asked for the help , nowt worse than a back seet driver lol
antnee

7th Oct 11 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by geordie_corsa
ooh well, as long as it helped .
as long as u asked for the help , nowt worse than a back seet driver lol

Yeah, one of the reasons I went on the track day. He knows his stuff, hoping to drive in Le Mans in the future.
antnee

20th Jan 12 at 01:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just realised its been ageeeeeeeeees since this has been updated

Sooo, went for a little drive one evening, found a hump back bridge, got air, left my mark and killed an engine mount

The mark on the right is about 1ft long

A little wash

Cant get wheels clean after leaving them for 3months!

Quick pic with Lewis's Mk2

23rd December, almost finished my Christmas shopping, noticed the battery light was on, about 1/2 mile down the road, sat at a roundabout notice smoke/steam coming out of the bonnet, quickly ditch it and jump out to find this

While getting recovered, I did this

The pulley/tensioner for the aux belt had worked its way out of it's housing, causing the belt to come off, which meant the alternator and water pump stopped, build up in pressure and thats the result.

I finally paid the full amount for my new brakes, some Wilwood 4 pots, complete with Ferodo DS2500, some drilled/grooved discs and braided lines

They should be on this weekend, all going to plan!

antnee

22nd Jan 12 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, not for towing. Going to save up for something decent to tow with. This is just a daily hack.

[Edited on 23-01-2012 by antnee]
Alex_Rally

22nd Jan 12 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have u bought that focus ?? is it for towing ??
antnee

23rd Jan 12 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, its just a daily hack. Going to save up for something decent to tow with.
Alex_Rally

23rd Jan 12 at 06:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was gonna say , its probs the same weight as the ibiza when standard lol no chance in towing it lol not on a trailer anyway lol.
antnee

25th Jan 12 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picked up a rear ARB last night, will strip it and paint it before it goes on though. Also its only a 25mm, not the 28mm I wanted but for the price I paid it will do for now
antnee

25th Jan 12 at 15:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plans are coming together nicely now, should be a completely different car for Rockingham in March

Stuff to do

4 pot Wilwoods to be fitted, inc braided lines with dot5 fluid
Mk4 rear calipers with braided lines
Rear ARB to be fitted
More weight to be removed, air bag and controller, doorcards, speakers, some wiring and a load of brackets.
Probably stick the battery in the wheel well too

Then get it all set up properly with corner weighting and a geo set up, looking for around -2.5deg camber and a touch of toe out on the front.

Should be awesome :excited:
antnee

29th Jan 12 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arbs, only using the rear one as front won't fit

Strippage!

What came out, I think around 10kgs

antnee

4th Feb 12 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not a mega update but my sunstrip came

And also finally moved it to a workshop me and a friend have, so the work can commence :thumbsup:

antnee

13th Feb 12 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a fair amount of work done this weekend, ran into some problems though.

Front brakes, came off fine, except for the lines, I was expecting this to happen though. Solution, run new hard pipes.

I did bolt on a new caliper though, they are fine behind my Team Dynamics 1.2s, but standard wheels need spacers

Rear brakes, got the grinder out to get the crap bolt out I struggled with in October, so the new disc can actually go on! Same problem with the lines here too, same solution as the fronts!

I decided to get grinder happy and take some brackets/unused screws off inside as well

And took the broken splitter off

So currently shopping for new copper lines, unions and flaring kit, braided lines for the rear (going to have a new route so need something custom) and bolts for the rear carriers.

I have some rear ARB brackets on the way thanks to a kind Scottish man too
antnee

27th Feb 12 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This weekend didn't see much progress for some reason! :thumbsdown:

I did come home to a load of goodies though! 2 HD camcorders, brake line stuff and tools

Went and bought some new bolts for the rear caliper carriers to replace the stupid 8mm hex heads that are there as standard

And bolted the Mk4 caliper up with the new line attached too

Had a go at flaring and bending the lines, got the shortest one 90% there, although Im not very confident with my flarings, so a friend of my brothers is doing all the flarings for me and Ill pick the lines up off him next weekend

And thats it! Hopefully next weekend will go better, if the lines have been sorted then it shouldn't take long to get them into shape and on the car. Only problem is now I am running out of time and money for Rockingham

[Edited on 27-02-2012 by antnee]
antnee

3rd Mar 12 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Todays progress then!

Picked up my hardlines after they had been flared

Then went down to the workshop to crack on

Got the rear calipers on, with pads in, handbrake cable on and clipped in, sorted out the flexis for each side and securing them too

Moved on to the front, bolted the caliper on, routed the flexi then shaped the hard lines, and connected them up

Then shaped and fitted the hard lines for the rear.

The brake system is now complete, has some fluid in and will be bled tomorrow.

I also strapped the rear ARB on, will whack on the mounts for the drop links tomorrow then I just need to order some droplinks/rosejoints and that will be that job done!

I'm happy with how today went, might look at getting the front strut brace on tomorrow or relocate the battery
antnee

5th Mar 12 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I put the new splitter on yesterday, after the original decided to take on the ramps for the recovery truck and trailer and lost both times

Todays job was to get the brakes bled, the nipples on the front are a funny size at around 6.5mm and are dead soft too. I eventually got them all loosened except one which met the dremel to receive some new flats and its now 6mm

My Dad popped down to help me bleed them, pedal has minimal travel and is quite hard, so I think they are good to go!

I popped the ARB drop link brackets on today as well, so just need to purchase some rose joints to make up the drop links and thats sorted.

I also ran the cable for the battery relocation which took about 30secs.

Tasks for next weekend are to complete the battery relocation, fit the front strut brace, clear up in the inside as its a tip at the moment and bolt a few things back together in the engine bay, then she should be ready to drive out on Sunday. I also need to clean her and fit the sunstrip, not decided when Im doing that though.
antnee

7th Mar 12 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well its now insured on an agreed value policy, and EVERYTHING is covered and I can still add stuff. Just waiting for the MID to be updated so I can sort the tax online too.
antnee

7th Mar 12 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, rose joints for the rear ARB have arrived. Memory card and camera mount ordered too
antnee

12th Mar 12 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Few little jobs finished off this weekend

Drop links on for the Rear ARB

Stuck the battery in the boot

Got her out the workshop on Sunday, the drive home was ok, but pedal seemed like there was no change from before all the work. Got home, checked all the front nipples, nothing major, then noticed a small puddle at the rear, one of the banjos was leaking. Tightened it up, went on a drive, and the work well!

Gave it a wash today

All going to plan, I will have a lambda sensor and new engine mount in the next few days, and then it will be ready for Rockingham on Saturday
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

12th Mar 12 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good mate, good luck on saturday

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My track toy - being broken :( 24 database queries in 0.2018878 seconds