corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » domain registrar gone bust is seems.. help!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author domain registrar gone bust is seems.. help!
corsayoung

User status: Offline
8th Jun 11 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey,

Just came back off holidays and it appears my domain name provider has gone, just disappeared! I bought two domains and now both go to a holding page, here is one, 'chainbyte.com'. Im not really sure what to do, i've got all the emails etc invoices, and luckily paid on paypal and it hasnt been two months so will go through there, but! i need these domain names!

The registrar cmcdomain.net just isnt working either, and i have no contact information fo them.

What i don't understand is that, the domains actually worked for a number of weeks just perfectly, had no problems and they were great with support tickets etc..

What do you think are the best steps for me, the domain registra was cmcdomain.net, tbf i did think it was too good to be true, and it looks although it really was!

HELLPPPP!

Thanks
Sam
Premium Member

8th Jun 11 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firstly, you will need to check that they actually registered the domains to you, and not to themselves (go to http://www.who.is and type your domain names in there to check the registrant details).

Assuming that they have been registered to you, you will need to contact whoever manages the TLD - for example, with .co.uk domains you will need to speak with Nominet.
Sam
Premium Member

8th Jun 11 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BTW - use a reputable registrar in future, not some dodgy looking outfit because they were "cheap".
corsayoung

8th Jun 11 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
BTW - use a reputable registrar in future, not some dodgy looking outfit because they were "cheap".

Well i did them as a test, and the services worked fine until yesterday! As said all was well they did it all properly etc and had no problem.. then just wham! gone.

IF i paid and nothing arose first of all out of it, then i woulda known it was a scam but it was actually done as it should of been done!
Sam
Premium Member

8th Jun 11 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use these guys - http://www.domainmonster.com - they are very good and based in the UK. Might be worth giving them a call and asking if you can transfer your domains to them?
corsayoung

8th Jun 11 at 12:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
I use these guys - http://www.domainmonster.com - they are very good and based in the UK. Might be worth giving them a call and asking if you can transfer your domains to them?

Thanks I may do, only thing is, the domain control panel has gone down as well, so literally have no access to my domains!
Dom

8th Jun 11 at 12:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A WhoIS shows Domain ID Shield Service as the owners, although that could just be contact details protection. Have you had anything form ICANN/VeriSign to prove ownership? An email from Paypal for payment or an email from cmcdomain.net doesn't mean anything. You should have a certificate from ICANN/VeriSign for .com's or Nominet for .uk's etc.
Does OnlineNIC ring any bells? The domain points to their nameservers, so cmcdomain.net (domain also points to OnlineNIC) could have been OnlineNIC resellers for domain names.

New Poll