corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa b engine swap with a twist and it WORKS :D

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa b engine swap with a twist and it WORKS :D
corsa120

User status: Offline
17th Jul 11 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hats off to you for trying something different......

whats witht the people slating his mate think the point he's trying to make is the guy has some experiance with cars......... whats wrong with that..... id say its more to do with the fact that some jelousy creeps in and or they have not got the balls to do it themselves..... sad really but thats the times we live in

hope it works well
Rich H

17th Jul 11 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rather you than me sorting all those wires out

Fair play for doing something different - I wouldn't even have known where to start!
niallb123

17th Jul 11 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
hats off to you for trying something different......

whats witht the people slating his mate think the point he's trying to make is the guy has some experiance with cars......... whats wrong with that..... id say its more to do with the fact that some jelousy creeps in and or they have not got the balls to do it themselves..... sad really but thats the times we live in

hope it works well

Thanks alot chap well when my mate took his rover to the rolling roads yeaterday he was hopeing for 230bhp and managed to pull 260bhp with 281ft/ld and built the car up himself sorta shows you what hes capable of and the room was warm so hes down on power at that which we were all happy with.

and it shouldnt be long until its running gooing to get a final few weeks at it now nd have it on the road again.
niallb123

17th Jul 11 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rich H
Rather you than me sorting all those wires out

Fair play for doing something different - I wouldn't even have known where to start!

aw the wires arent that bad haha its just hiding everything which is proving difficult but we will get their in the end.
niallb123

17th Jul 11 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AshWatson
any more progress ?

not as of yet as we were sorting cars for our rolling road day but i wil have the wires hidden tomorrow night and then just get the drive shafts made and breaks fitted and rad plumed and motd then thats me on the road again.
AshWatson

17th Jul 11 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by niallb123
quote:
Originally posted by AshWatson
any more progress ?

not as of yet as we were sorting cars for our rolling road day but i wil have the wires hidden tomorrow night and then just get the drive shafts made and breaks fitted and rad plumed and motd then thats me on the road again.

nice 1 keep us updated
hw113

17th Jul 11 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty interesting conversion, I'd like to see this when its on the road

Nice to see something different, any plans for the rest of the car excluding the engine?
niallb123

17th Jul 11 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by hw113
Pretty interesting conversion, I'd like to see this when its on the road

Nice to see something different, any plans for the rest of the car excluding the engine?

as far as the outside goes am not sure what way i want to go maybe a set of skirts and thats it sort of a fan of the whole "no show all go" look yeno.
Liam-Wilko

4th Aug 11 at 14:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any more update as im interesed in this as i am going to do a engine conversion close to this in my corsa the only difrence is the car im geting it from is a civic VTI so it is Vtec already and it is throwing a nice 220 to 250 bhp or sumthing like that as has had a little bit of work and im doing this as i am geting the engine ECU and transponder for free so im game for an actual Vtect conversion i also have my old Hondata ECU from my old civic but i will b keeping both ecus and im hopint to put the hondata on as has launch control and Vtec contoroler
Glen

4th Aug 11 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there a good engine in the rover. the only problem i know of for a non star problem is the ignitor packes up but i dnt know if u can get them any more
Liam-Wilko

4th Aug 11 at 15:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im just after a bit of knowlage on what was done so i can put this in my corsa and have a corsa Vtec
Eck
Premium Member

4th Aug 11 at 19:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by liam-corsa-1400
any more update as im interesed in this as i am going to do a engine conversion close to this in my corsa the only difrence is the car im geting it from is a civic VTI so it is Vtec already and it is throwing a nice 220 to 250 bhp or sumthing like that as has had a little bit of work and im doing this as i am geting the engine ECU and transponder for free so im game for an actual Vtect conversion i also have my old Hondata ECU from my old civic but i will b keeping both ecus and im hopint to put the hondata on as has launch control and Vtec contoroler

What's been done to this engine? B18c/B16a2? 220 is realistic, but 250 will need a fair bit of work!
hw113

5th Aug 11 at 08:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any more news on this machine? Set of skirts & some nice Vaux wheels would do well

Bring it down to the felt when she's running!
Liam-Wilko

5th Aug 11 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i realy dontt think he comes on hear anymore as it wont let me u2u him or anything
noshua

5th Aug 11 at 09:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Last online yesterday, he'll update soon!
Liam-Wilko

5th Aug 11 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol i wonder y it wont let me u2u him
niallb123

5th Aug 11 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry ive been workin away at this and yeah theirs more progress made. have a full 2 inch s/s exhaust made up with a 3 inch exit backbox all one off's everything is plumbed in have a throttle clutch and gears now its all down to making the wires work still have to finnish off the shafts will get more pictures soon but i am only another 2/3 weeks away i would think.
niallb123

5th Aug 11 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by hw113
Any more news on this machine? Set of skirts & some nice Vaux wheels would do well

Bring it down to the felt when she's running!

aw baii she will hit the felt soon maybe change the plates so you wont know her haha
niallb123

23rd Aug 11 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only progress is that wee have had a wee problem with the main relay shich has stopped the car running so now the plan is to pull the inlet off and chop it up its time for a set of bike carbs and a MSD igntion
niallb123

21st Sep 11 at 16:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well ive been beaten buy the loom which really sucks so ive got to back track now and remove the honda/rover loom. on the upside i get to fit another corsa b loom and make that work got me. But on the plus side my mate binned his genuine sri and i managed to bag a full scorpion exhuast and a 4 branch mani and some shortened and stiffened shocks for the front and drilled and grooved disks all for swapping him my standard stuff.
Eck
Premium Member

21st Sep 11 at 21:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will the ports on a Corsa manifold match those of the Honda engine?
niallb123

22nd Sep 11 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Will the ports on a Corsa manifold match those of the Honda engine?

nope but ill not complain ill sell it and buy a new mani or bike carbs but the scorpion cat back will be cut up to fit
niallb123

1st Oct 11 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well another little update ordered the msd ignition should be here next saturday and hopefully have a set of carbs won on ebay by this evening all i need to do now is go and get a full corsa loom and fit it in again and hopefully we will be back on the right track.
niallb123

1st Oct 11 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

won the carbs finally all being well a fortnights time i will have the car runing again.
niallb123

8th Oct 11 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

carbs arrived today will have them fitted during the week got a set off a gsxr 1100 with have the dual syatem which will rock when its full flight.

<<  2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa b engine swap with a twist and it WORKS :D 22 database queries in 0.1124790 seconds