corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » might be a repost - changes to driving license

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author might be a repost - changes to driving license
Eddx14xe

User status: Offline
26th May 11 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anything to get us young ones off the road

http://www.confused.com/featured-articles/motoring/car-insurance/radical-driving-licence-changes-put-to-parliament-353126319?MediaCode=806

[Edited on 26-05-2011 by Eddx14xe]
adiohead

26th May 11 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ridiculous imo.
fazza

26th May 11 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fucking stupid idea.

What a waste of time!

Doesnt and won't affect me but i think its stupid imo. they should just make Pass Plus compulsory so they have motorway driving etc and night driving.

adiohead

26th May 11 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fazza
Doesnt and won't affect me but i think its stupid imo. they should just make Pass Plus compulsory so they have motorway driving etc and night driving.

yes!

I think that if they want to do anything they should maybe restrict the engine/bhp size like they do with motorbikes.
mattant

26th May 11 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Road safety charity Brake is appealing to MPs

It won't happen, I can appeal to an MP to ban old people from driving and then write an article about it, doesn't mean it's going to happen.
brebaz

26th May 11 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:

yes!

I think that if they want to do anything they should maybe restrict the engine/bhp size like they do with motorbikes.

But then it would Probly be harder to get insurance, it cost more for me to insure a 1.0 corsa at 17 then a 1.6 saxo.
fazza

26th May 11 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats not the case with all cars though brebaz. most 1.2 cars etc would be cheaper than a 1.6

Ben G

26th May 11 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will never happen.

think how many 17-18 year olds do night work.

basically they are saying quit your job if you want to drive.

silly idea and not thought through whatsoever.
Ben G

26th May 11 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brake is adding weight to its campaign by enlisting the help of families with first-hand experience of road tragedies.

Bereaved father Tony Davison is fully supporting the call for a new driving system. “My 18-year-old son was killed by a young driver who took risks and paid the ultimate price, along with my son,” he said.

what about people who get killed by old people who can't see properly or have slower reaction times.

shall we ban them also?

dickheads.
Tomnova16
Premium Member

26th May 11 at 13:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

laughable

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
adiohead

26th May 11 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Motorway driving is piss easy too.

They could ban young drivers from High Streets

I used to do laps around Maidenhead with my music loud thinking I was

(ps. I was )
RichR
Premium Member

26th May 11 at 13:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead
quote:

yes!

This, Plus, the Pass Plus should include a section of car control on a skid pan - As is part of the test in Norway/Sweden/Finland.

My parent's aren't the strictest people, but they wouldn't let me out on my own until I'd done a skid pan course which they bought me for passing my test - Best thing I did at that age. 10 years driving, hundreds of thousands of miles and no fault accidents in all that time. The lessons learnt on the skid pan course have saved me more than once, especially when I first passed
adiohead

26th May 11 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, skid pan is a must!

I crashed my old fiesta because I didn't understand balance.
AlunJ

26th May 11 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brake are the biggest waste of space going.
How on earth are you going to police it, especially when the government are making cuts to the police forces. Not gonna happen!
adiohead

26th May 11 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love the way the confused advert woman pulls stuff out of her vagina.
Brett
Premium Member

26th May 11 at 14:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I always thought it was pretty mental that after passing your test you can head straight onto the motorway on your own with zero experience.

EDIT: Just noticed it's been mentioned already.

[Edited on 26-05-2011 by loafofbrett]
Ian
Site Administrator

26th May 11 at 14:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice statistics - ban young drivers, less young people die.

I've got an idea, ban everyone, then no one dies.

I'm an expert now.

I do think tests should be harder. I often think that people who are only ever going to drive small cars, or fairly fast ones, should be made to drive something slow and heavy so they can see what effects their road positioning is having on people who cannot respond as quickly.

A partiular gripe of mine is people joining the motorway at 60mph in a car when I'm doing 60 towing or in a large vehicle - the car has sufficient power to speed up or they can slow down and pull in behind and not loose too much progress because they're in a light car - but the expectation is that you'll automatically move out because they're joining.

Same for people sitting in lane 2 when I can't use lane 3 to pass them. Just clueless.

Would be nice if the test cost £1000 and lasted a week. That would sort it out. Might mitigate the peak oil crisis as well.

[Edited on 26-05-2011 by Ian]
Dan H

26th May 11 at 14:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is just stupid.. I'm 20 and I got my licence revoked in December so if this comes into force then people like me are going to go from being able to drive to having restricions.. Its stupid... If youvpass your test and drive like a tool without learning to drive then your going to crash! Most people know you only learn to drive after you pass your test and experience life on the open road by yourself.. The governent in this country are shit! They say most causes of a crash are young people, when its not, its people who have been driving 10/20/30 year and just don't pay attention to the road and use their indicators/lights as they should. Where as people who have not long passed their test are abit more aware of peoples driving errors, esp on motorways, people don't bother to look when changing lanes etc..
RichR
Premium Member

26th May 11 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan, most people don't use their indicators correctly - even if they've just passed in the last 5 minutes. Advanced driving test teaches you to use them correctly.

Oh, and you state:
"If youvpass your test and drive like a tool without learning to drive then your going to crash!"

but

"I got my licence revoked in December "
RichR
Premium Member

26th May 11 at 14:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Motorway driving and roadcraft i.e. a more in depth Pass Plus should be manditory
Ben G

26th May 11 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get your license revoked if you get 6 points in your first 2 years for doing 36 in a 30 though.
Dan H

26th May 11 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i got my licence revoked because i crashed due to some middle aged man not using his indicators and on the phone, but because i went into the back of him there wasn't much i could do.. So i got done for it.. And I've got the experience in driving
RichR
Premium Member

26th May 11 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't get my license revoked, I'm fairly sure many others didn't either. I got 3 points, I drove like a saint for the following 12months. You don't have your license revoked for driving correctly
RichR
Premium Member

26th May 11 at 14:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dan H
Yeah i got my licence revoked because i crashed due to some middle aged man not using his indicators and on the phone, but because i went into the back of him there wasn't much i could do.. So i got done for it.. And I've got the experience in driving

Shouldn't have been so close to him - whatever He was doing, you've got no defence.

You've highlighted your own point about learning to drive, you didn't, you were too close to the car infront
Ben G

26th May 11 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can if you're in traffic doing 36 in a 30 though.

don't tell me you've never gone 5 or 6 mph over the limit.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » might be a repost - changes to driving license 23 database queries in 0.1947181 seconds