corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » might be a repost - changes to driving license

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author might be a repost - changes to driving license
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th May 11 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not saying I haven't - but I never had my license revoked. When I got 3 points after 12months of driving, I shit it for the next 12months so as to not have my license revoked. The whoel being in traffic argument is bullshit too, slow down - drive how you want to drive not how those around you are driving
Ben G

26th May 11 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you sound like you are some sort of elitest nurburgring nordschleife driving god.

has your account been hacked by paul j?
RichR
Premium Member

26th May 11 at 14:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I haven't said anything like that have I. Have you had your license revoked?
Ben G

26th May 11 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, although i do like to have the odd spirited drive every once in a while.

haven't killed any young people yet.
Dan H

26th May 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was on a country road doing 60mph and atm I had no way of gettin around him, I wasn't even close to him, but you weren't atvthe crash so you can't say anything! And it was 2month off me driving for 2year and got hit with 6points, I know a few people that have had their licence revoked..
mattk

26th May 11 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
no, although i do like to have the odd spirited drive every once in a while.

haven't killed any young people yet.

hes done a skid pan course though
RichR
Premium Member

26th May 11 at 14:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've just proved my point ben; You like to have a spirited drive but you've also not lost your license, ergo, there is a time and a place for it - you choose the time and place

quote:
Originally posted by Dan H
I was on a country road doing 60mph and atm I had no way of gettin around him, I wasn't even close to him, but you weren't atvthe crash so you can't say anything! And it was 2month off me driving for 2year and got hit with 6points, I know a few people that have had their licence revoked..

Explain the circumstances of how you ran into the back of someone then if you weren't even close to him?

quote:
Originally posted by mattk
hes done a skid pan course though

I didn't and never would say I was a driving God, I did say it was worthwhile as its saved me on more than one occassion. I certianly haven't ever run into the back of someone or had my License revoked.

[Edited on 26-05-2011 by LiVe LeE]
Dan H

26th May 11 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

60mph, country road, slight bend which ya could see around, he started moving from aide of road without looking, any indication and seen him playing with his phone, i didn't have time to stop and went into the back of him, no way of getting around him
RichR
Premium Member

26th May 11 at 14:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you were going to fast?
Dan H

26th May 11 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How the fuck so you work that out? He basicly pulled out on me when I'm doin 60mph.. No way of getting around him... You the police that were there? No you weren't there, so STFU thinking you know everything and know why I crashed when you don't!!
Brett
Premium Member

26th May 11 at 15:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But you got points so you must've been doing something wrong?

Sounds like you were hammering it round blind country roads where there isnt'even enough room for 2 cars to pass. Could've quite easily been someone on a horse or a midget riding a unicycle round that next bend that you hit at 60mph. I can see why you got points if that's the case.

[Edited on 26-05-2011 by loafofbrett]
Dan H

26th May 11 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

His word against mine, no witnesses so because i went into the back of him i didn't have a leg to stand on
RichR
Premium Member

26th May 11 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So he pulled out of a side road round a bend and you couldn't see him before the bend?

I'm actualyl just trying to understand the circumstances of the accident. You hit him at 60; if He'd just pulled out of a junction, I guess he was travelling significantly slower?? But then you said he didn't indicate which would suggest he was turning into the junction not out as if it was out, you wouldn't have seen his indicators as they would have been on the opposite side of the car than that which you were approaching from.

Did he pull out on you or was he turning into a side road?
sc0ott

26th May 11 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Next they will ban them from driving on country roads.

then after that they will ban them from driving 24 hours after watching a fast and furious film.
Dan H

26th May 11 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't say he was on a side road... He was just parked up on like a farm entrance thing and pulled out, was a tiny bend, could see him, but he was parked up, slowed down abit then he pulled off and I just went into the back of him... There will be people on here or other forums that have crashed doing stupid speeds, when I had my car 5days, was a sunny day, was just cruising back home after dropping the ex and her baby off at a caravan, wasn't in a rush, just enjoying the drive...
Dan H

26th May 11 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry I did say he was pulling off from a side road, I ment he was pulling off from the side of the road.. The joys of typing on a phone
Tomnova16
Premium Member

26th May 11 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by adiohead

I used to do laps around Maidenhead with my music loud thinking I was

(ps. I was )

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
taylorboosh

26th May 11 at 17:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why did you get 6 points for having a bump? makes no sence
Ian
Site Administrator

26th May 11 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just to disagree complete with the general tone of the thread - points don't mean you're a bad driver - they mean you've been caught driving badly.

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
The lessons learnt on the skid pan course have saved me more than once, especially when I first passed
Curious to the circumstances surrounding this - if it was bad driving and you should have got points for it, then you were lucky, nothing more.

quote:
I'm not saying I haven't - but I never had my license revoked.
Like I say, luck.

quote:
you choose the time and place
And if you're lucky, that decision comes off.

You could be done for speeding on an empty road same as you can actually speed past schools and not get caught.

To say you've not accrued enough points to lose your licence is a very poor way of describing the driving standards.

I've had points for borderline stuff and I've done some very silly things indeed and not got done. I could have had my licence revoked many times over, as I'm sure most people could have. Whether that be letting the car accelerate down a hill and go a few mph over a limit in perfect safety or opening it up on an empty motorway, it's sheer luck.

The correlation you're trying to make just doesn't exist in any reliable form.
Grufman

26th May 11 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like careless driving on both ur hands :/ he pulled out without any indication and u were going to fast on a small country lane... 60 is far to fast on a road that's not wide enough for 2 cars to pass eachother. :/ or am I the only person to think that ?
GTM

26th May 11 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Brake is adding weight to its campaign by enlisting the help of families with first-hand experience of road tragedies.

Bereaved father Tony Davison is fully supporting the call for a new driving system. “My 18-year-old son was killed by a young driver who took risks and paid the ultimate price, along with my son,” he said.

what about people who get killed by old people who can't see properly or have slower reaction times.

shall we ban them also?

dickheads.

Well said.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th May 11 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Grufman
60 is far to fast on a road that's not wide enough for 2 cars to pass eachother. :/ or am I the only person to think that ?
That's why it's a limit not a recommendation.
Toby
Premium Member

26th May 11 at 18:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For everyone that's says it won't happen I tend to agree however they use it in new Zealand for the driving first year and its successful. Working nights shouldn't cone into force as legally you shouldn't be working nights if your under 18
brebaz

26th May 11 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when i was doing lessons last year my driving instructor told me to go the limit if the weather allows it. true story.
Ian
Site Administrator

26th May 11 at 19:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the conditions allow, yes. Not just weather.

You can be failed for not making satisfactory progress.

But if the conditions are not conducive to driving at the limit - then you can't.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » might be a repost - changes to driving license 23 database queries in 0.1813889 seconds