corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread
chrisritch

User status: Offline
23rd May 11 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Jamie Walby
quote:
Originally posted by Ben D
Are you purposely forgetting Fabregas is going to be playing in Barcelona next season?

Also your planning on selling 2 of your wingers and are seemingly only bringing 1 in, and with Cesc joining Barca Nasri will most likely fill his position in the middle meaning you will be without yet another wide man?

Tips passed onto Wenger. He said thanks.

Pass it on to Ben G, He will get the head groundsman informed and it will happen. FACT
Tommy L

23rd May 11 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Are you purposely forgetting Fabregas is going to be playing in Barcelona next season?

Also your planning on selling 2 of your wingers and are seemingly only bringing 1 in, and with Cesc joining Barca Nasri will most likely fill his position in the middle meaning you will be without yet another wide man?
Ramsey will be in the middle in place of Fabregas.
Ben D

23rd May 11 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:

It wasn't a tip merely commenting on your opinion.

Are you not planning on replacing Cesc?
Jamie Walby

23rd May 11 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
quote:

Pass it on to Ben G, He will get the head groundsman informed and it will happen. FACT

Ben J supports Arsenal. If I was Ben G I would be fuming with that case of mistaken identity right now!
Jamie Walby

23rd May 11 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
quote:

It wasn't a tip merely commenting on your opinion.

Are you not planning on replacing Cesc?

Think Ramsay will just get the nod to be honest trendy Ben D.
Tommy L

23rd May 11 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member

Ramsey is pretty much a straight swop for fabregas in the way he plays.

I'd have N'Zogbia back
Ben G

23rd May 11 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ben J supports Arsenal. If I was Ben G I would be fuming with that case of mistaken identity right now!

ignore him, he's just a bitter liverfool fan who can't accept that a head of steward/security at arsenal who hears all the transfer talk first hand is good friends with a mate of mine.

[Edited on 23-05-2011 by Ben G]
Robbo

23rd May 11 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:

see this is where the problem is, if cesc goes (which is by no means certain, hed still be a fool to go there whilst xavi/iniesta are starters imo, unless he wants to be like mascherano) then i dont think he will play nasri there, despite the fact that nasri is simoly not the same player on the wing as he is in the centre. i think wenger would keep him there and play ramsey/wilshere more in the centre. maybe ramsey will work there long term (and he was MOTM there vs Utd imo) but wilshere has been poor every time hes been puished fiurther up the pitch, holding back with song suits him to a t imo

Also re. Rosicky/Arshaving going, remember that Rosciky plays maybe 1 in 5 games (mostly as sub) and arshavin only really plays when someone is injured now, i think he'd sign another winger and use the young likes of JET and Frimpong (making as good progress as Wilshere til a nasty injury in preseason) and maybe even our new Japanese lad Miyachi. as walby and i said, arshavin only to go if we got offered good money, otherwise keep him as despite how fuckign frustrating he is, he was still joint 2nd/3rd in league assists this year IMO. he has the potential to do something brilliant every game yet 95% of his time on the pitch is fruitless. Bendtner similarly, if we got good money then fine, otherwise no point letting him go as hes stilla good squad player. Denilson and Squillachi MUST go (both have lost the fans backing entirely) Diaby still; has a lot to prove too
Robbo

23rd May 11 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member

that was witten before you all alreayd discussed it
Ben D

23rd May 11 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member

so rather than adding the experience Arsenal need he is replacing one of your best & more experienced players & captain with another young kid

Tbh i shouldn't be complaining as it helps us but he is obviously taking a step in the wrong direction if that is his plan
Robbo

23rd May 11 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member

depends really... remember he replaced vieira with cesc and look how that worked out
Robbo

23rd May 11 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member

altho i take the general poitn of your comment
chrisritch

23rd May 11 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

ignore him, he's just a bitter liverfool fan who can't accept that a head of steward/security at arsenal who hears all the transfer talk first hand is good friends with a mate of mine.

[Edited on 23-05-2011 by Ben G]

Got me a marlin
Ben D

23rd May 11 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
depends really... remember he replaced vieira with cesc and look how that worked out

Admittedly Cesc is an amazing talent but, look how that worked out indeed, you got rid of your experienced players and what have you won since?

Aaron Ramsey may turn out to be a cracking player too but your still missing experience, determination & Leadership.
Robbo

23rd May 11 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member

yes hence why i said i get your general point.
Ben D

23rd May 11 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member

i missed the 2nd post
Robbo

23rd May 11 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member

my first point was more about cesc himself (as vieira came back 9 months later and got ripped a new one by cesc), then i re-read and thought but yes youre right. PERSONALLY, when cesc does go (and i genuinely think he;d be a dafty to go now), id have nasri there in a heartbeat as hes sooo much betetr there than out wide but i genuinely think he sees rambo as the long term replacement

he is captain of his national side so does have a wealth of experienc ein that area
Ben D

23rd May 11 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member

Completely agree that i would play Nasri in the Cesc's absence too, i think he looks more dangerous there than out on the wings, think i read somewhere he scored 9 of his goals this season whilst covering for Cesc in the middle, I don't think you can just throw Ramsey in there and rely on him as your creative player for a whole season given his limited experience
Robbo

23rd May 11 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_6947347,00.html

Mourinho makes his 3rd summer signing... all quite low key and all before the end of the season, bizarre tactics form Real!
Marc

23rd May 11 at 17:31   View User's Profile U2U Member

I really hope the lack of European football means Liverpool get 4th next season.

That isn't in anyway sarcastic by the way, I want normal service to be resumed up at the top!

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool did get 4th back, at the expense of Arsenal.
Nath

23rd May 11 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member

Arsenal will do well to finish top 6 next season.
Robbo

23rd May 11 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member

Nath

23rd May 11 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member

Ben G

23rd May 11 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Nath
Arsenal will do well to finish top 6 next season.

i agree. i can honestly see them fighting for a europa league place next season.
Russ

24th May 11 at 06:26   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11827_6947347,00.html

Mourinho makes his 3rd summer signing... all quite low key and all before the end of the season, bizarre tactics form Real!
bizarre why? as they didnt want to make them known to the world and start a bidding war?

<<  2    3    4    5    6    7    8  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.0139482 seconds